Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I saw this very unique, very pretty cage on ebay and thought I would share the pic :)

3123g96_27.jpeg

AmazonServant

Jun 24, 2011
Cool! I looked into getting one of those plexiglass-sided cages thinking it would be easier to clean, but the fine grating at the side put me off because it seems like it would be even harder to clean than normal cage bars, besides my bird likes climbing on the bars. I guess this one has ventilation at the top?

OP
Rio Mom

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
Cool! I looked into getting one of those plexiglass-sided cages thinking it would be easier to clean, but the fine grating at the side put me off because it seems like it would be even harder to clean than normal cage bars, besides my bird likes climbing on the bars. I guess this one has ventilation at the top?

It didn't say in the ad, but I bet it does have ventilation on top, hidden behind the decorative wood.

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Acorn - a Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure;
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Cricket - an American Budgie
I like it, but I'm ot a big fan of acrylic cages; I think Bob likes the free flowing (not drafty) air through his cage.

AmazonServant

Jun 24, 2011
It does look really top-heavy, I'd be paranoid of the top part crashing down on my bird. Also it has rather an imposing design - but it would be cool to do something similar with a more toned-down or bottom-heavy piece of furniture.

OP
Rio Mom

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
I think it would be pretty turned into a kind of indoor greenhouse. Don't know how potted plants would do in there, but it would be pretty :)

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I do not think a conure would like it because they love to climb on the bars so much. It is a beauty of a cage though.

CAGLulu

Jun 8, 2011
Parrots
Congo African Grey (Lulu)
I don't know why, but I would never be comfortable having my parrot in a cage like that one. It just feels wrong. Like SpiritBird said, Conures and pretty much all parrots love to climb and I would never take that opportunity away from my bird :). Nice looking cage though :D.

Jubileeray

Jun 29, 2011
Media
United Kingdom
Parrots
1x Harlequin macaw
2x Greenwing macaw
1x Blue and Gold macaw
1x Jubilee macaw
Looks very nice but l would be very concerned if left near a window and the sun was to get at it the temperature would rocket in no time :(

Most Reactions