senior lovebird

Yun777

Feb 28, 2022
Parrots
Lovebird
Hi guys. my bird is older and i am worried with him.
1. He is male but he acts like female. He sometimes wanna decorate paper with his ass. He is only one child and solo for his life.

2. Is perfume bad for lovebirds?
bombshell and citrus.. i know it is not good i wanna make sure

Thx.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Hi,

I think I’ve read that both male and female peachfaced lovebirds carry paper, leaves and other nesting material stuffed in their rump feathers. I wouldn’t get too hung up on it. He’s already pink and yellow. A paper skirt doesn’t make much difference.

Perfume is bad for birds. Usually stronger perfume is worse. Essential oils can also be dangerous. Scents in general are dangerous for birds.

OP
Yun777

Yun777

Feb 28, 2022
Parrots
Lovebird
Hi,

I think I’ve read that both male and female peachfaced lovebirds carry paper, leaves and other nesting material stuffed in their rump feathers. I wouldn’t get too hung up on it. He’s already pink and yellow. A paper skirt doesn’t make much difference.

Perfume is bad for birds. Usually stronger perfume is worse. Essential oils can also be dangerous. Scents in general are dangerous for birds.
Thx❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Both male and female lovies carry nesting material that way. Not hormonal behavior (mostly), just what they do.
And perfume absolutely should not be used around birds.

Most Reactions

Latest posts