**Shocker** LuLu talked!

jroyal

Jul 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Parrots
Female SI eclectus parrot
Male/female budgies
Komorner tumbler pigeon
Ok so today I was cleaning out all my bird cages and the budgies were being particularly noisy today. The way my room is setup (until I move into the new place) LuLu can pretty much get around the entire room without flying as her wings are REALLY clipped. LuLu is still settling in so she hasn't really explored the whole room until today. I had the music going and LuLu was the only bird out at the time. THe budgies were so loud that I had to turn the music up. LuLu walked across the floor and climbed to the top of the budgie cage and said "NO!". I was so confused I thought my little sister may have popped her head in the room because of the noise (LuLu's voice sounds like a little girl). THe budgies stopped for about 10 seconds and then started back up again. And LuLu said NO a little louder. I Just about died when I found out it was her. Its so funny because she obviously knew that No means No and that screaming isn't a good thing. She had never said a word before this. I guess those budgies were really getting on her nerves.

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
Hahaha.............
They are funny, aren't they......:)

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
When it was important, she spoke up. LOL! Very cool!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
LoL....my ekkies say the darnest things at the right time and I laugh so hard every time. My ekkies are my best talkers!!! :)

nicki

Mar 26, 2013
Media
Dallas TX
Parrots
6 mo old Eclectus :)
adorable!! Going on 6 months with my baby, still waiting for a word! It sounds like he says "I love you" but without enunciating properly. In due time im sure :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Those first words are ALWAYS the cutest
I bet you were absolutely shocked when Lulu said her first word

Add phrases to the word NO

NO don't do that
NO NO NO I do love you
NO let's go quickly
NO I am a birdie
No thank you

Lulu will eventually begin to mix and match the word NO with the little phrases.

Most Reactions

Latest posts