Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
she is pretty simaler to a lutino but she has more green (but I got her from a breeder and he said that she was an American dilute which I had been looking for after my first bird Skittles passed away)
The dead giveaway for american dilutes is bright light colours in combination of dark beak :D they are absolutely gorgeous ❀️

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
PENNY ate this piece of lettuce plus 3 more in same size. And it thrills my heart ❀ β™₯ because it took 2 years to get her eating leafy greens, I got her older adult that had been on all sunflower seeds. She took to other veggie sooner, but I wasn't giving up on leafy greens( ok I was close to giving up)
Yeah lettuce!!!
20220210_125946.jpg
20220210_125959.jpg

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
PENNY ate this piece of lettuce plus 3 more in same size. And it thrills my heart ❀ β™₯ because it took 2 years to get her eating leafy greens, I got her older adult that had been on all sunflower seeds. She took to other veggie sooner, but I wasn't giving up on leafy greens( ok I was close to giving up)
Yeah lettuce!!!View attachment 35639View attachment 35640
Oh, goodness, I know how hard it is. Stormy took 4 months to convert onto chop initially, then went to my sister for fostering (I was in a bad place mentally), and she neglected him and his buddy (Sky, died of that neglect, long story) and only fed them rotten seed (my parents had officially given him to her at that point, despite my protests), so I had to take 3 more months to convert him back.
He's starting to enjoy chop more, but is still done (after eating the seed and a bit of greens) and looking for that addictive seed before any of my other 'keets, who enjoy taking a very long time to eat their chop.
He goes back to the chop after (a seed tantrum), though, and it is a great feeling knowing he's eating healthy!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Oh, goodness, I know how hard it is. Stormy took 4 months to convert onto chop initially, then went to my sister for fostering (I was in a bad place mentally), and she neglected him and his buddy (Sky, died of that neglect, long story) and only fed them rotten seed (my parents had officially given him to her at that point, despite my protests), so I had to take 3 more months to convert him back.
He's starting to enjoy chop more, but is still done (after eating the seed and a bit of greens) and looking for that addictive seed before any of my other 'keets, who enjoy taking a very long time to eat their chop.
He goes back to the chop after (a seed tantrum), though, and it is a great feeling knowing he's eating healthy!
So glad you are the parront now.
I'm thrilled yours are eating healthy.
Like I'm never getting tired of posting pictures of Penny eating leafy greens ever lol it took so long to convince her
It makes me so happy. But I will throw in some of her eating other veggies now and then.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Yeah, it is lol, but I've never owned a female...?
Eh, Picasso almost never does it, and when she does, it's only for half a second. SHe does LOVE to sing, though.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots