Taking on my biggest challenge yet.

Mrsquidgereen

Jul 15, 2013
Sweden
Parrots
I currently own two peach-faced lovebirds, one male and one female, named Freddie and Pan respectively.
The name's Jo, I've got two peach-faced lovebirds, and I just found out this place exists.

Me: I'm a young animal lover and bird enthusiast; I grew up surrounded by animals and I can't imagine life without them. I used to have two budgies when I was a kid, at which point they were mostly cared for by my dad. 15 years later, the desire for some new feathered friends overcame me yet again and I got an 8 month old lovebird couple. They are proving to be quite a challenge to raise.

The birds: My lovely lovebird couple - Pan (female) and Freddie (male). Pan is a very curious and rather brave little thing, but also very cocky and prone to bite. Freddie is more nervous, careful, and easy to scare. He has, however, never once tried to bite. Yet. I got them both when they were 8 months old from the same pet store I got my budgies all those years ago. At this point they were already a couple, but very much untamed. They are now 2 years old, still not hand tamed, but I'd like to think I've made some progress. The reason I signed up for the parrotforums is that I'd like some advice on how to further work on my relationship with them.

It's nice to meet you all :green1:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hi Jo, and welcome to the forum. :)

Your 2 sweeties, Pan & Freddie, sound like a happy couple.

I'm hopeful someone with lovebird experience with chime in, and hopefully we'll be able to help you make some progress with your duo. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts