May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Thought it was weighing day today. Sorry. I hope she’s all right!
It is LOL, but I didn't notice a difference. I'll weigh her again when I get home, just to be sure.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
It's official: I can pick Cossie up like a banana (aka "the conure grab")

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
I always called it β€œlike a baseball.”

How is she doing?
Pretty well, still sleeping on the cage floor, but I've decided to just monitor her, as she shows no signs of health issues, so it's probably a sleeping preference or her being a bit nesty.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Cossie has the eggs, I think. She's been fairly nesty (although not extremely territorial or bitey) and has gained about 4 grams in the past two weeks. So she's gone from 38 to 42 grams. She was already a heavy budgie (although not fat) but now she is HUGE.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Cossie has the eggs, I think. She's been fairly nesty (although not extremely territorial or bitey) and has gained about 4 grams in the past two weeks. So she's gone from 38 to 42 grams. She was already a heavy budgie (although not fat) but now she is HUGE.
Sounds like eggs. Do you think they’re fertile? How do you think you’ll handle this?

I hope she gets through this ok. She is helped by being in good shape from flying!

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Birbs have been in the living room due to a power outage (because the living room gets the most natural light), but power just came back on! Yay!

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Cossie was feeling cuddly tonight (and she is no longer about to lay eggs), so I have her some kisses and flipped her onto her back... she’s so cute! Why? How? How can a small ”green banana” disguised as a budgie be so adorable?

I dunno. It’s these moments that make all the stress I’ve gone through due to them feel 100% worth it. And sometimes I’ll wish I never had birds (cos sensory issues and it would also be nice to have a bird-free room sometimes), but them I remember:
  1. Stormy goes bonkers whenever I get home from school because he’s so excited to see me.
  2. Cossie is my favorite little cuddle bug, despite the anxiety and attitude.
  3. Apollo can be so fierce sometimes, but when she takes an oat (her favorite seed) from my hands, she is so, so gentle and polite.
And much more. My life feels complete now that I have my little guys, and I wouldn’t give that up for anything.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Cossie was feeling cuddly tonight (and she is no longer about to lay eggs), so I have her some kisses and flipped her onto her back... she’s so cute! Why? How? How can a small ”green banana” disguised as a budgie be so adorable?

I dunno. It’s these moments that make all the stress I’ve gone through due to them feel 100% worth it. And sometimes I’ll wish I never had birds (cos sensory issues and it would also be nice to have a bird-free room sometimes), but them I remember:
  1. Stormy goes bonkers whenever I get home from school because he’s so excited to see me.
  2. Cossie is my favorite little cuddle bug, despite the anxiety and attitude.
  3. Apollo can be so fierce sometimes, but when she takes an oat (her favorite seed) from my hands, she is so, so gentle and polite.
And much more. My life feels complete now that I have my little guys, and I wouldn’t give that up for anything.
Bird kisses. When you walk past the cage containing the sleepy bird and he blows you a kiss.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Got some lights for X-mas. The birds seem to enjoy them, they really hate my main light being on (they get very sluggish and anxious, maybe the flicker rate is irritating them), but they are so much more relaxed and curious and happy with these lights, probably because they distribute the light throughout the room, and don’t make it super light or super dim. It just makes my room a much happier and cleaner environment. Definitely recommend if you have birds who aren’t huge fans of a lot of light (especially white light, my burds hate that). All the lights are glowing a light orange/yellow color in this photo even though some seem red or green-ish.
image.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts