The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Once again, the Rickeybird misses the point...

v4VWH1u.jpg

Happy Self-Improvement Day, EVERYBODY!
v4VWH1u.jpg

Welllllllll, geez, after all his sentimental stuff, it's nice to see the Bird getting back to his true sentiments.
Self-improvement indeed.
How about THE BIRD does some self-improvement, like shutting his beak, keeping his poop to himself, and leaving the rest of us out of his fantasies?
How about THAT?

Meanwhile, a day worthy of mention.
I wish all of us a peaceful and reflective day, sincerely.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Well, I need to put together an entry for this month's PhotoOfTheMonth Contest!

I think this may be it. I know that the topic is supposed to involve "chop" (fresh produce/munchables) but the Rb's dream chop would be chile peppers. He has loved 'em since he was a few months old, and I have made sure he had at least one a day, every day, for 37 years. My ol' man and I figured it up once and discovered that by now, we could have bought an economy car with that chile-money!
Anyway, here it is. My husband buys a basket of chiles every now and then to roast and freeze. I interrupted his process to do a photo-shoot for this month's contest.

fwMxsec.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
This picture is perfect! Well, except he needs his hen to pick up all the extras and handfeed them to him. Come on Sister, you better hurry before he gets upset:)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
And what else is any self-respecting Patagonian conure gonna sing whilst devouring truckloads of chiles at The Rickeybird Chop Shop?? "Chile Love Songs" of course! Hit it, Sir Paul!! :D

Although it's rude to sing with your beak full ;)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
And what else is any self-respecting Patagonian conure gonna sing whilst devouring truckloads of chiles at The Rickeybird Chop Shop?? "Chile Love Songs" of course! Hit it, Sir Paul!! :D

Although it's rude to sing with your beak full ;)
HAHAHA! You kill me:)

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
In these days of the Rickeybird's "Golden Years", I love looking back to earlier days.
Here's a post from September 25, 2016. He was ONLY 32 years old here...!
Oh, well, something went wrong with that last video. Maybe it's stashed with the lost Dead Sea Scrolls...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rickeybird's Scrapbook
September 25, 2016
"The Links"

Thank you one and all, for looking... you are saving many innocent disinterested bystanders among family and friends who will not be harassed into watching yet another batch of Rickeybird antics. It's just that I think everything he does is so delightful! Y'all get me! Please note the attractive garbage bag hanging on the door.

I can't decide whether or not to call this a trick or an invention of a percussion instrument.
Let's go with percussion.

PRESENTING... The Rickeybird playing instruments which he recently invented: Percussion Links.
He plays one...
Then two...
Then three at once...

Bravo!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Dang it!! I was diggin' those videos right down to the ground but my interweb can't access the third one from here. Curse you, primitive Aussie Interweb Gods!!! :mad:
Cant see it here either Aunty Marty

Most Reactions