The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Well tumble my weeds and boll my weevils, Uncle Jim, the Internet Gods conspire against us both!!

GTBeJlX.jpg
RB prolly put the kybahsh on it...too embaressing for him

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
The Gods are mad at all of us... that last video is lost in the sands of time. Oh, well...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeanwhile... skipping right up to present-day Rickeybird foolishness...

He went in to see his fabulous avian veterinarian today, for a blood check and Enalapril refill. All was well! But before we departed...
He always enjoys playing and screaming in his crate. I often encourage him to play in it, so that he is comfortable in his travels. Today, he was having a blast, until I spilled the beans about our agenda, and...
SILENCE. Oh, I know he didn't really understand my words, but...
I still had a good chuckle.

I call this video... "Wanna Go to the Vet?"

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
The Gods are mad at all of us... that last video is lost in the sands of time. Oh, well...

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeanwhile... skipping right up to present-day Rickeybird foolishness...

He went in to see his fabulous avian veterinarian today, for a blood check and Enalapril refill. All was well! But before we departed...
He always enjoys playing and screaming in his crate. I often encourage him to play in it, so that he is comfortable in his travels. Today, he was having a blast, until I spilled the beans about our agenda, and...

What? You have discovered the secret to silence?!?! You deserve a Birdbel Prize for that feat.

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie

They know. They always know when it's time for the vet, they ALWAYS recognize that word!!

Btw, what's Enalapril for?

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rb won the September POTM.
Thank you, one and all... I really needed a lift.

I posted this in my thank-you in that thread.

Dear Friends,
If you have absolutely nothing better to do, here are some grateful displays of how much chiles mean to the ol' Rb. He loves them as much as I love you!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Holy crap that BIRD loves his chilli's doesn't he?? Like 'Boats said Ms Gail,congrats to you and Rickey!
Oh BTW..I took a page from the RB Scrapbook and have been giving Amy chilli's. You know what he does??? Takes one bite,looks at me with fire in his eyes,then throws the damn thing on his basement floor or in his front yard. Must be an "acquired" taste :unsure:

Jim

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!

Well, I just put this in the October POTM, but I'm so proud of myself that I think I'll put it here, too. Oh boy, the Missus is gonna be so happy to see her little creep in all these cute pictures. She'll be bringing me cold ones and rubbing my feet and letting me watch football ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OCTOBER POTM JUST FOR FUN ENTRIES

Well, ya work with what ya got, right? There are no genius tricksters at our house, no cutie-patooties, no darlings, none of that. We have............................................................ the Rickeybird. The new photo thing will be great for future uploads, but I already have these on Imgur, so here we go.
The many faces of the Rickeybird.
hnP80pZ.png

Kg6FsJU.jpg

aHABtBZ.jpg

ih8BGBq.jpg

XmQJhFP.jpg

fXiUfKz.jpg

HCQmCes.jpg

Phew. I'm done. Time for a cold one while awaiting admiration from the Missus......................................
Peace out
Rival

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Well, I just put this in the October POTM, but I'm so proud of myself that I think I'll put it here, too. Oh boy, the Missus is gonna be so happy to see her little creep in all these cute pictures. She'll be bringing me cold ones and rubbing my feet and letting me watch football ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OCTOBER POTM JUST FOR FUN ENTRIES

Well, ya work with what ya got, right? There are no genius tricksters at our house, no cutie-patooties, no darlings, none of that. We have............................................................ the Rickeybird. The new photo thing will be great for future uploads, but I already have these on Imgur, so here we go.
The many faces of the Rickeybird.
hnP80pZ.png

Kg6FsJU.jpg

aHABtBZ.jpg

ih8BGBq.jpg

XmQJhFP.jpg

fXiUfKz.jpg

HCQmCes.jpg

Phew. I'm done. Time for a cold one while awaiting admiration from the Missus......................................
Peace out
Rival
I think that to receive that level of appreciation you may need more pictures 😂
Keep 'em coming, pretty please!

Last edited:

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
I bet y'all are right!

Enalapril? It's for high blood pressure and related problems. After all, he turned 37 this year!!!

Oh, and... he not only HAS high blood pressure, he causes it, ya know.
Oh poor old boy, didn't know that he has blood pressure problems! ...but I can sure imagine him causing high blood pressure. Don't they all? (Perhaps that is why I love birds, to fight my low blood pressure. Goes nicely with coffee xD)

Also congrats once more for winning the photo contest! I bet Rickeybird is VERY proud of himself :D

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
pCVw2Qn.jpg

Hello there, this here the Rickeybird, y'all know it is
NATIONAL CARRY A TUNE WEEK?
So here is the #1 tune in the Rickeybird Greatest Hits. Sorry for bad video but Gail is very bad videografferater.
This here is J-Lo tune, called BOOTY which is best song in world. I love J-Lo an I bet she could get better recording but what am I gonna do. Okay, here it is.

"Da Booty, da booty,
It's a biggggggggggg booty!
Whatcha got a big booty
On the dance floor,

Bootayyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
It's not that Gail is a bad videografferater, there is just too much awesomeness that is the Rb for a camera to capture:)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
All defenderators for you here, Aunty G, and no defenestrators. Unless you need something done about that turbulent, interminable hater, Rival. Happy to defenestrate him for ya any time you like :D ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts