so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
My standard nightmare is simple and has one constant.
It's always bees. Anything that fly's and stings is a bee.
Doesn't matter if it's a honey bee or a hornet.
Always gets me waking up screaming.

The funny kind of dream is the undressed dream.
This is the sort that has you say in a school classroom in underwear.
But for me it is at work and it's shoes.
I will be at work and I will suddenly notice I am only wearing socks or completely barefoot. I feel so embarrassed but no one around me notices .

My nightmare with birds.
I have so many birds.... stacks of cages with lots of birds.
I come across a cage of birds 3/4 that haven't been fed or watered for a long time and they are laying dead in the bottom of a dirty and uncared for cage. I feel so terrible I have to go and check all my Fids to make sure everybody is well.

There is two rare kind of dreams.
One is very vivid and really sticks with me, doesn't fade when awake.
The other is the reoccurring dream.
I believe these dreams have special meaning.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

I will be at work and I will suddenly notice I am only wearing socks or completely barefoot. I feel so embarrassed but no one around me notices .

My nightmare with birds.
I come across a cage of birds 3/4 that haven't been fed or watered for a long time and they are laying dead in the bottom of a dirty and uncared for cage. I feel so terrible I have to go and check all my Fids to make sure everybody is well.

I hope you don't have africanized honeybees where you live in So Cal! That would be a real life nightmare!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie

My nightmare with birds.

Would an angry macaw with a stinger class as a bee? In all seriousness though, a dream of a swarm of hornets/wasps/bees sounds horrifying!

I mean, depending on your job, that could be either terrible or normal. But I assume you work in a job where it is normal to be dressed.

That bird dream sounds god awful! I had a similar dream but it was arguably not as bad. Itā€™s good you check on your fids though, a caring hooman is a good hooman!

What do you think some of those dreams mean?

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I mean, depending on your job, that could be either terrible or normal. But I assume you work in a job where it is normal to be dressed.

T

What do you think some of those dreams mean?
I Worked for.... well I guess it's not a secret I hired in to Hughes Aircraft Co right after college.
I worked for what was called at the time Electro-Optical and Data Systems group.
It was basically a factory setting and a dress code was rather strictly enforced (except on weekends). Sandals or open toe shoes were against the rules. In fact they were always trying to get us to wear the steel toe shoes.
So yah working barefoot would have been a huge no no.

The reoccurring dreams I believe are warning of future events.
They are not exact, not like a picture or a photocopy.
More like a rough sketch of something bad coming down.

I kept having this dream of driving around in my neighborhood and coming up to a stop sign and not being able to stop in time.
The breaks were working but were weak no mater how hard I mashed the break pedal.

One of my cars turned out to have a vacuum leak that caused the power of the power breaks not to work.
My minivan was extremely low on break fluid.
That dream went away after I corrected those problems

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I Worked for.... well I guess it's not a secret I hired in to Hughes Aircraft Co right after college.
I worked for what was called at the time Electro-Optical and Data Systems group.
It was basically a factory setting and a dress code was rather strictly enforced (except on weekends). Sandals or open toe shoes were against the rules. In fact they were always trying to get us to wear the steel toe shoes.
So yah working barefoot would have been a huge no no.

The reoccurring dreams I believe are warning of future events.
They are not exact, not like a picture or a photocopy.
More like a rough sketch of something bad coming down.

I kept having this dream of driving around in my neighborhood and coming up to a stop sign and not being able to stop in time.
The breaks were working but were weak no mater how hard I mashed the break pedal.

One of my cars turned out to have a vacuum leak that caused the power of the power breaks not to work.
My minivan was extremely low on break fluid.
That dream went away after I corrected those problems
Oh wow! What were those jobs like? Were they annoying?

Wait, so the dream about the lunchable with a bomb in it that occasionally is re-dreamt is a warning?

That is so scary! I wonder how your conscience knew. Perhaps it was intuition or something? Itā€™s good that you got it checked out and fixed, because I think we both know what wouldā€™ve happened if you hadnā€™t.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Oh wow! What were those jobs like? Were they annoying?

Wait, so the dream about the lunchable with a bomb in it that occasionally is re-dreamt is a warning?

That is so scary! I wonder how your conscience knew. Perhaps it was intuition or something? Itā€™s good that you got it checked out and fixed, because I think we both know what wouldā€™ve happened if you hadnā€™t.
I donā€™t know if itā€™s something special with me or not butā€¦.
My first reoccurring dream (at least that I can remember) happened when I was about 5 years old.
I came down sick with encephalitis and was hospitalized for a week or so.
I was out of my head a lot of the time and had hallucinations but some memories are still clear.
Being put in isolation at 5 years oldā€¦ā€¦leaves a lasting impression.
Anyway it was in the hospital that I kept having this kind of disturbing dream. I was stuck on a train that was headed for a cliff. It was my job to escape before it went over the cliff.
It was nearly 20 years before the true meaning of this dream came clear to me and it gave me the strength toā€¦. Resist the easy path that would lead over the cliff so to speak.
we arenā€™t supposed to discuss religion but I do believe that dream was sent to me by a ā€œhigher powerā€ and put in simple terms that would stick with a child.
was my brain ā€œchanged ā€œ in some way due to the encephalitis? IDK.

Far as work goes I was always interested in electronics.
I was the kid that when entering an elevator I had to press ALL the buttons, never mind it made the trip longer.
So a job I got paid to push buttons and twist knobs was cool.
The majority of my time was spent working with infrared night vision for various platforms. Mostly ground vehicles
LAV 105 Stryker and the original M1 tank fire control laser rang finder and IR vision.
near the end of my career what I worked on I canā€™t talk about but I did spend some interesting time working the space side.
Working on the vacuum chambers was super cool.
wearing a clean room ā€œbunny suitā€ was a royal PITA.

What I would like to ask others on the PF on dreams is this.
Has anyone ever had a dream that you woke up in the middle of and it was so interesting you wanted to finish the dream?
Were you able to get back to sleep and drop back into the dream?
This has happend to me but only a handful of times.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

My nightmare with birds.

A hornet flew into our truck today and STUNG ME!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I donā€™t know if itā€™s something special with me or not butā€¦.
My first reoccurring dream (at least that I can remember) happened when I was about 5 years old.
I came down sick with encephalitis and was hospitalized for a week or so.
I was out of my head a lot of the time and had hallucinations but some memories are still clear.
Being put in isolation at 5 years oldā€¦ā€¦leaves a lasting impression.
Anyway it was in the hospital that I kept having this kind of disturbing dream. I was stuck on a train that was headed for a cliff. It was my job to escape before it went over the cliff.
It was nearly 20 years before the true meaning of this dream came clear to me and it gave me the strength toā€¦. Resist the easy path that would lead over the cliff so to speak.
we arenā€™t supposed to discuss religion but I do believe that dream was sent to me by a ā€œhigher powerā€ and put in simple terms that would stick with a child.
was my brain ā€œchanged ā€œ in some way due to the encephalitis? IDK.

Far as work goes I was always interested in electronics.
I was the kid that when entering an elevator I had to press ALL the buttons, never mind it made the trip longer.
So a job I got paid to push buttons and twist knobs was cool.
The majority of my time was spent working with infrared night vision for various platforms. Mostly ground vehicles
LAV 105 Stryker and the original M1 tank fire control laser rang finder and IR vision.
near the end of my career what I worked on I canā€™t talk about but I did spend some interesting time working the space side.
Working on the vacuum chambers was super cool.
wearing a clean room ā€œbunny suitā€ was a royal PITA.

What I would like to ask others on the PF on dreams is this.
Has anyone ever had a dream that you woke up in the middle of and it was so interesting you wanted to finish the dream?
Were you able to get back to sleep and drop back into the dream?
This has happend to me but only a handful of times.
That sounds so terrible! Encephalitis sounds like a living hell, especially at 5. That dream does seem fairly fascinating though, and the meaning is honestly quite beautiful and could be interpreted in many ways.

That job seems to have definitely fit you! And it sounds like an amazing job except for the bunny suit haha
Also, you were THAT kid back then? You would probably be horrified to see what I did as a kid! I would LICK the buttons- šŸ‘¹

Thatā€™s and interesting question. 9.9/10 times I never want to finish my dreams because they are either really strange or just abhorrent caboodle of spaghetti noodle.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
A hornet flew into our truck today and STUNG ME!
The saying that ā€œif you donā€™t bother them they wonā€™t bother you ā€œ is bogus.

As a child I was stung twice (on the head). Once was a wasp and the other was something we called a meat bee.
I am sure thatā€™s the cause of my phobia and nightmares.
After that I became death itself to any wasps building nests.
I was very accurate with a slingshot.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
That sounds so terrible! Encephalitis sounds like a living hell, especially at 5. That dream does seem fairly fascinating though, and the meaning is honestly quite beautiful and could be interpreted in many ways.

That job seems to have definitely fit you! And it sounds like an amazing job except for the bunny suit haha
Also, you were THAT kid back then? You would probably be horrified to see what I did as a kid! I would LICK the buttons- šŸ‘¹

Thatā€™s and interesting question. 9.9/10 times I never want to finish my dreams because they are either really strange or just abhorrent caboodle of spaghetti noodle.
I have had dreams that were pleasant and interesting enough for me to want to go back to sleep and see how the dream ends. Not all dreams are unpleasant! I don't recall if I ever actually did, however.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I have had dreams that were pleasant and interesting enough for me to want to go back to sleep and see how the dream ends. Not all dreams are unpleasant! I don't recall if I ever actually did, however.
The one that i remember clear as day was from when I was knocked the heck out from heatstroke from last year that I JUST remembered.

So I was outside for an hour and got heatstroke, it set in, and I was out for 2 whole weeks. On day 3, I had a dream.

I was really hungry and wanted a seizure inducing pizza topped with pepperoni and a mountain of mozzarella and hot pizza grease. I had no money and was like ā€œHm. I wonder what I could do for money.ā€ I then saw a billboard for pedicures and just as I got an idea, I was startled awake by a glass bowl falling and shattering in the hall with my brother and mother arguing in the hall.

Apparently he was banging on my door and yelling at me through the door and doing monkey arms, and as my mom was walking by, telling him ā€œcut that s**t out, she is sick!ā€ He hit the bowl with his monkey arms, and it shattered.

I was told what happened, I was unamused by my brotherā€™s idiocy, and I went back to sleep.

I was now back in the dream and said ā€œI know! I could sell pictures of feet on pedicure billboards and advertisements! Iā€™ll get money that way for sure!ā€ And I ended up getting $20K and I got that pizza. I didnā€™t have a seizure in my dream tho.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Who? The nasty hornet? And guess what? She totally got away with it! Escaped out the window after an unprovoked attack!
SHE IS THE DEVIL! That was literally unasked for, undeserved, and it is nasty behavior. I hope she got bitten by a bird!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
The saying that ā€œif you donā€™t bother them they wonā€™t bother you ā€œ is bogus.

As a child I was stung twice (on the head). Once was a wasp and the other was something we called a meat bee.
I am sure thatā€™s the cause of my phobia and nightmares.
After that I became death itself to any wasps building nests.
I was very accurate with a slingshot.
Good god! The wasps are different there than they are here! Those stings were unprovoked? I know that when you are stung, pheromones are released and nearby wasps are like ā€œdanger? DANGER! ATTAAAAAACK!ā€ But Iā€™m fairly certain that they donā€™t last for years! A day or so? Sure! But def not years.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
As a side note.
Because of my heart problems last year I bought a Samsung smart watch.
One of its features is to track your sleep.
Most of the time it is surprisingly accurate.
It doesnā€™t just track awake/sleep time but it can differentiate between deep, light, and REM sleep.
I have woken up in the middle of a dream and when I check the chart from the watchā€™s data it shows that I did indeed wake from REM sleep.
Donā€™t know how it can figure all that out.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
As a side note.
Because of my heart problems last year I bought a Samsung smart watch.
One of its features is to track your sleep.
Most of the time it is surprisingly accurate.
It doesnā€™t just track awake/sleep time but it can differentiate between deep, light, and REM sleep.
I have woken up in the middle of a dream and when I check the chart from the watchā€™s data it shows that I did indeed wake from REM sleep.
Donā€™t know how it can figure all that out.
Itā€™s simple! Your bird is a government drone, it detects your heartbeat and dna and intestinal waves then it sends that info to your watch. Boom!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Itā€™s simple! Your bird is a government drone, it detects your heartbeat and dna and intestinal waves then it sends that info to your watch. Boom!
I would not be surprised.
Bella very nearly predicts/anticipates what we will do split seconds before we do it.
She makes yawning noises just before we let out a jaw dropping yawn.
She burps just before we do.
When she is in the kitchen getting up to no good it doesn't matter how quietly I get up to check on her, she will quit what every she was doing and fly down to the back of the chair and sit like a perfect angel.
She knows when we are reaching for a soda in the kitchen and make the soda can opining noise just perfect.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I would not be surprised.
Bella very nearly predicts/anticipates what we will do split seconds before we do it.
She makes yawning noises just before we let out a jaw dropping yawn.
She burps just before we do.
When she is in the kitchen getting up to no good it doesn't matter how quietly I get up to check on her, she will quit what every she was doing and fly down to the back of the chair and sit like a perfect angel.
She knows when we are reaching for a soda in the kitchen and make the soda can opining noise just perfect.
See? I KNEW it! Your government drone is in fact spying on you and using devices to do so. Case closed, birds arenā€™t real.

But in all seriousness though, thatā€™s a bit crazy! How long have you had her? Iā€™m gonna assume a few years to make this little hypothesis theory thingy I dunno I ainā€™t a scientist.

Anyway, if I were to guess, Iā€™d say she has seen and heard you do things enough and she can predict it far before you realize. Itā€™s kinda like you you can predict when your bird will poop or fluff out their feathers. Like, have you noticed when you try to towel your bird to trim their nails, they INSTANTLY know what you are trying to do before you even make it obvious? They can read you like a book and once they see your body language change even the slightest bit and it matches something you did/do, they may predict it that way.

Most Reactions

Latest posts