Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
today I had few dreams... one of them had many parrots... It was a bit messed up, so I don't really remember some details... I remember that the first parrots in that dream were hawk-headed parrots - I loved them so much, it was the first time I saw them (irl I've never seen them)

Among birds, there was just one which wasn't a parrot - it was a woodpecker which pooped on mešŸ˜

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Lately I've Been having repetitive dreams of me looking for keys to my new apartment and they give us the wrong ones (or something equally silly). The new apartment building is tall, like MASSIVE with 30 some stories, and there's elevators and escalators that go up to a certain level, which have different floors on it. I move from my first apartment into this place, which is pet friendly and i'm hiding pet rats from the caretaker, which is the same landlord as my first apartment. And i have like a dozen birds and my dog. I am forever checking the front door for landlord notices slipped under the door. OY! Oh, and the second half of my apartment is haunted with a ghost that I'm trying to be friends with by leaving it alone. But my bird room is in the same room, so I end up always walking in on the ghost.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Lately I've Been having repetitive dreams of me looking for keys to my new apartment and they give us the wrong ones (or something equally silly). The new apartment building is tall, like MASSIVE with 30 some stories, and there's elevators and escalators that go up to a certain level, which have different floors on it. I move from my first apartment into this place, which is pet friendly and i'm hiding pet rats from the caretaker, which is the same landlord as my first apartment. And i have like a dozen birds and my dog. I am forever checking the front door for landlord notices slipped under the door. OY! Oh, and the second half of my apartment is haunted with a ghost that I'm trying to be friends with by leaving it alone. But my bird room is in the same room, so I end up always walking in on the ghost.
Thatā€™s quite the funny dream! What is the ghost doing, and is his name the Flying Dutchman?

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I had an unusual dream, I guess it would be considered a lucid dream.
I was riding in a shuttle buss from work with a friend.
We were being taken to a Dr for some medical checkout.
Sometimes special projects can require medical certification before work.
Anyway we got to the Dr and they called in my friend and they kept me waiting for a long time.
I was getting upset and then I realized Iā€™m retired, I donā€™t need to DO this.
Right on the. Heals of that revelation I realized I must be dreaming.
and I remember a sense of wonder at how realistic the dream was before waking myself up.
And because I was really enjoying the company of my friend from work that I have not seen for 3 years I was able to drop back into the dream.
I think it was just the shuttle ride back to work but I could enjoy the company for a little longer.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
today I dreamed that I found an animated movie about a peregrine falcon male which fell in love in a female eclectusšŸ˜… The animation style was similar to Rio

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Last night was so incredibly weird, idek where to begin. I had multiple dreams and I felt like I was in my own mind, in a way. Like, I was seeing what goes on up there.

Dream 1. My ex (slimeball), came to my house in the dead of winter. He was very angry and he tried to enter my room through my window. I opened my window and smacked him in the skull with a rock. I asked him what the flock he was doing, and he said he wanted to get back together. I stared at him, before I laughed in his face, saying ā€œawh heeeeeeeeeeeck naw.ā€ And I shut the window on his grimy little fingers. Bro pulls out a knife and tries to shatter my window, but obviously nothing happens. Heā€™s the height of a Smurf and has the strength of a severely anemic, calcium deficient preschooler. I close my curtains and enjoy a bottle of sparkling apple juice.

Dream 2. My grandma had a day left to live, and I was a raven. So, I would fly around and bring her everything she wanted. Shiny things, food, etc. and when she died, she turned to ashes in her chair, before becoming a phantom of a raven. We then flew off into the winter sunset together.

Dream 3. I donā€™t even know how to explain this, but Iā€™ll try. So, I was chained to a l4d1 hunter, and he kept trying to bite me because heā€™s basically rabid- thatā€™s kind of why heā€™s the hunter, after all. But the chains were on us like a harness, and the ā€œleashā€ I guess (idk how else to explain it) attached my chain to his chain, and we could move four feet away from each other, but we were still chained together. So basically, I was trying to not die, and he was trying to bite me. Fun, right? Every time he jumped, Iā€™d get flung and become a human kite, and he could literally drag me around. It was fun and weird and confusing.

Maybe I shouldnā€™t stay up til 5AM writing fanfics šŸ’€

Dream 4. I donā€™t remember too much about this one, but from what I can remember, I was running through the sewers, trying to get to Mercy Hospital for evacuation, and I somehow became best friends with a L4D smoker? Idk, it was weird.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Today I had a bit funny dream about a penguin...
In that dream I was with my friend in a German zoo. W went to some kind of room and we saw two cages there - one of them had two animals - a penguin and something else (I don't remember what else but it doesn't matter). I wandered what they are doing here. We opened the cage (why?!) and penguin escaped. My friend got scared of it and ran away leaving the doors open. I thought "it's just a bird, just like my parrots so I will make it come back to the cage". I came closer to it but it ran through the open door. I went behind it but the penguin ran through the next open door. I wanted to make the penguin return - and somehow it came back to its room. I quickly closed the first door and wanted to close the second one too but when I was doing it, the penguin ran through it again. Because I closed another door, it noticed another open place - it ran to another room which had opened balcony door. It went on the balcony. I ran after it but the penguin... spread its wings and wanted to fly - it jumped from the balcony and fell down because penguins can't fly :LOL: I got scared - I knew I have to do something to make it come back.

Later another my friend met me and wrote me a note to do something irrelevant. Then I noticed that there is a book on a desk which was opened on an illustration of the same penguin like the one which escaped. It was in German. I took a pen and wrote (on my peace of paper with note I got) the German species name - its German name was SO long, written in just one word (for people who don't know: German is known for such long words and I've seen such long German species names irl). I could understand that it comes from... eating some kind of fish? But my brain quickly forgot that part and later it meant something else...
I took the note and went to my friends (one of them was the one who got scared of the penguin and another one is a new one). I wanted to tell them what happened by my friend (who got scared of the penguin) said that she has already told what's happened. I told them that I found in a book its species - I know only German name but if we google it, we will get Polish name (I was dreaming in Polish) and we will be able to get some information about it - for example weakness which we cloud used to catch it. My friend opened Google and I started dictating her its name which now was different - I only remember that it had "zwei" ('two") and "fier" in its name - I was so confused about the second part because "four" is "vier" in German, not "fier" and I was pretty sure I misspelled it but my friend told me that maybe it was supposed to be "fier":p (in general the name was still long in just one word)
Here my dream finished

Talking of the penguin species - it was a fictional species which was similar to southern rockhopper and Macaroni penguins

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
One of my cockatiels died recently and while she was sick I had a dream that she was in the wild down on the grass and sick and a crow came down and started pecking at it. I don't remember the rest of the dream but it was a reminder that birds are really sick when all they can do is roll up into a ball on the floor. And that's what would most likely happen in the wild

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Today I had a bit funny dream about a penguin...
In that dream I was with my friend in a German zoo. W went to some kind of room and we saw two cages there - one of them had two animals - a penguin and something else (I don't remember what else but it doesn't matter). I wandered what they are doing here. We opened the cage (why?!) and penguin escaped. My friend got scared of it and ran away leaving the doors open. I thought "it's just a bird, just like my parrots so I will make it come back to the cage". I came closer to it but it ran through the open door. I went behind it but the penguin ran through the next open door. I wanted to make the penguin return - and somehow it came back to its room. I quickly closed the first door and wanted to close the second one too but when I was doing it, the penguin ran through it again. Because I closed another door, it noticed another open place - it ran to another room which had opened balcony door. It went on the balcony. I ran after it but the penguin... spread its wings and wanted to fly - it jumped from the balcony and fell down because penguins can't fly :LOL: I got scared - I knew I have to do something to make it come back.

Later another my friend met me and wrote me a note to do something irrelevant. Then I noticed that there is a book on a desk which was opened on an illustration of the same penguin like the one which escaped. It was in German. I took a pen and wrote (on my peace of paper with note I got) the German species name - its German name was SO long, written in just one word (for people who don't know: German is known for such long words and I've seen such long German species names irl). I could understand that it comes from... eating some kind of fish? But my brain quickly forgot that part and later it meant something else...
I took the note and went to my friends (one of them was the one who got scared of the penguin and another one is a new one). I wanted to tell them what happened by my friend (who got scared of the penguin) said that she has already told what's happened. I told them that I found in a book its species - I know only German name but if we google it, we will get Polish name (I was dreaming in Polish) and we will be able to get some information about it - for example weakness which we cloud used to catch it. My friend opened Google and I started dictating her its name which now was different - I only remember that it had "zwei" ('two") and "fier" in its name - I was so confused about the second part because "four" is "vier" in German, not "fier" and I was pretty sure I misspelled it but my friend told me that maybe it was supposed to be "fier":p (in general the name was still long in just one word)
Here my dream finished

Talking of the penguin species - it was a fictional species which was similar to southern rockhopper and Macaroni penguins
You remind me of my little penguin friends on the coast where I lived for a while.
Meet the fairy penguins the smallest penguin species

Screenshot_20211012-212156_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20211012-212005_Video Player.jpg

These warriors are a joy to watch In their little tuxedo's LoL. Every night after dusk they come in from the sea to their burrows, avoiding day predators such as raptors and snakes. Then before dawn their off again out to sea.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I had a really really weird dream, where I was stuck in a closet with my bsf and she kept ripping cheeks, and stinking up the entire closet. The 5th time she unleashed a gaseous hell, she blasted off through the ceiling šŸ˜­šŸ’€

Then Mr Beast ripped open the closet, announcing how his name was Chicago Ted, how I failed the challenge, and he chased me out of the closet, trying to attack me. I get on a riding lawn mower, and peeled out of the driveway like it was fast and furious, and Chicago Ted was chasing me down on a unicycle.

I have no idea to feel about this, I just woke up from a nap šŸ˜©šŸ’€

azul_thebluemacaw

Nov 3, 2022
Florida
Parrots
Blue throated Macaw,RIP Yellow Love Bird,RIP Blue Budgie
This is a thread where you can share whatever you brain comes up with when you are asleep. Even the ones your brain decides ā€œoh man, this story I made is scary. Time to be scared!ā€ AKA: nightmares.

Here was the most recent one (Iā€™m gonna be little vague about this one)

For some background to have this dream make more sense:
So, my ex is psychotic. He would often express his thoughts of harming people and taking the lives of others. He found my house a day after I told him the town I was in and was oddly excited about. Even though we are on quite literally polar opposites of the planet, nothing is stopping him from convincing his mother to fly out of Australia and to Alaska, especially since they are fairly well off and can take vacations.

So, now you have a little info, this nightmare will make sense.

I was hanging out in my room when I heard a knock. I go and answer since no one else was home. The peephole is foggy, so I answer the door and there he is. I notice he has a knife. I try to slam the door shut but he barges in. I start running away and he follows, trying to ā€œangrily poke meā€ (iykwim) and my house has an upstairs area for some reason, and I bolt up there. He is lost in the halls now, calling for me to come and ā€œtalkā€ to him. ā€œLee, come out, come out, wherever you areā€¦ā€ He said as he walked through the hallway. He tried entering my room but it was locked. He swore and noticed the upstairs area, and he went up there. He noticed the bathroom door was shut and so, he broke down the door. ā€œI know youā€™re in here.ā€ He said, chuckling. He slowly opened the shower curtains and saw I wasnā€™t there. ā€œWhat the f-ā€œ and before he could finish his sentence, he was tackled by a police dog. Then, as he was being dragged by Cupcake the German shepherd, a police officer walked up to me, told me I looked like ā€œa disfigured turkeyā€ and I woke up.

I am kinda nervous that the slimeball (my ex) will find me and harm or even end me. But then I realize ā€œoh yeah, we have a bunch of weapons lying around, and even then, heā€™s 5ā€™1ā€ and scrawny. Iā€™m like 5ā€™7ā€ and built like a brick.ā€ So Iā€™m not super worried.

My absolute favorite dream:

Rico was the size of a quetzalcoatlus and he had a saddle on (think ARK Survival Evolved, Argentavis saddle) View attachment 50516View attachment 50517
And we were flying around, people becoming horrified by the giant bird the size of an airplane flying about. Then, I landed Rico in the petco parking lot people were staring at us. I grabbed a pickle and I threw it at the petco, shouting ā€œYOUR MOTHERS ARE ALL ALPACAS YOU SLIMY ANIMAL ABUSERS!ā€ The manager and CEO come out looking like the typical bad guy who is rich in a movie and they are also terrified of the giant cockatiel being ridden like a horse by some random teen. ā€œWho tf are you?ā€ The manager asks. ā€œMe? My name? Nah, why do you allow animal cruelty?ā€ I asked. ā€œBecause we want money, duhhh.ā€ The manager said. I whistled to Rico as a command to grab the evil manager, and so Rico did, and we flew off with the manager in Ricoā€™s talons, ā€œDO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!ā€ ā€œEXCUSE ME!!! PUT ME DOWN!ā€ ā€œHEY!!!! ARE YOU LISTENING?! PUT ME DOWN, NOW!ā€ He demanded but rico and I only laughed. We set him into a jail cell, and Rico flew off with me clinging to the saddle and we went to a coffee shop. He got a muffin and I got a slice of kiwi pizza. Then I woke up.

So, what are your dreams?
God this is awsome! Im crying of laughter and joy.Rico should have eaten him lmao

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Parrots
A few nights ago I dreamed that I had a looooooooong hair on my chin that had to be plucked. SO I plucked it.

Ye Gods I have a weird mind...

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Today I dreamed that my fids were flying with... Fang. @LaManuka what your fid was doing in my dream? šŸ˜… (rhetorical question)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Today I dreamed that my fids were flying with... Fang. @LaManuka what your fid was doing in my dream? šŸ˜… (rhetorical question)
Awwwwwwww Rozzy, that's sweet!! I noticed Fang having a nap this afternoon, maybe he was dreaming about flying with your fids then too? āœØ šŸ’– ā˜ŗļø

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Parrots
I frequently have dreams about an abandoned zoo in downtown Winnipeg (We have a zoo, but it's off to the west side of the city and very much functional). I stroll through it where I'm not supposed to, and it's a lot of nostalgia... this is where we had elephants, this is where we had rhinos, this is where we had otters and OMG, the pool where we once had dolphins. Dream logic says everything looks like a waterslide development, especially where the seals and otters were. SOmetimes everything is mixed with an abandoned mall. Really weird, especially when I know where to hide when the cops come running!

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Oh gosh I have some WILD dreams sometimes. This is a silly one I had some time ago
1000007489.jpg

and then a very strange one I had (seph and bandit are my dogs. the cousins mentioned don't actually exist)
I was kinda drifting in and out of sleep or something and it was like I was transporting to different universes. In one it was christmas and I was laying on a mattress in the basement with a bunch of family around. I was half asleep but listening to what was going on around me. two cousins were sitting at my feet and were talking about a muscle deformity one if them had. Another cousin was sitting at my head and petting my hair for some reason and talking to me about something but I'm not sure what. Bandit and Seph were laying against me but they were white instead of black.
Then I was back in my own bed with seph cuddled against me.
then I fell back asleep and I was laying on a couch with someone again petting my hair. I was facing a big window and it was dawn outside. apparently we had just had a large party the night prior bc this day it was to be determined if I was mayor or not. It was a futuristic looking world. there were weird plants on my porch and some other weird techy stuff.
Then I was awake again.
Then it was Christmas again.
then future.
now I was back in my own bed but there was a woman standing over me with a needle pointed at me neck. she was whispering about how good of a specimen I would make and I was freaking out and trying to get her to stop but I couldnt move or talk.
then I was awake again.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I had an awful nightmare and I canā€™t stop thinking about it.

So, basically there was another pandemic (but instead of covid, it was an airborne version of rabies) and the government sent out a 1 hour timer to get to shelter before they nuked the ENTIRE STATE. So, I began gathering my necessities and a few comfort items (but nothing frivolous), and just before I could save my birds, I am dragged into some small, crappy shelter with my family.

I began to sob and scream uncontrollably and beat on the door, to try and save them, but by the shockwave that fallowed only a few minutes later, I knew they were goners. I turned to who prevented me from saving my best friends, and I realized it was my father. He, in a way, killed my birds. Their nuke-related deaths were his fault. I end up freaking out on him, shrieking how he killed them, how heā€™s a monster, and many other things that are really personal. A few days pass, and I donā€™t say a single word to him- which was extremely easy since I donā€™t really talk to him unless forced to. He doesnā€™t say a word either. The government gives the ok to step outside, and as soon as I do, I realize I am standing on solid ice- just like Antarctica. The smell of burning flesh and frigid winds wafted through my nostrils. How I even knew what burned flesh smelled like was beyond meā€¦ the sky was dark. So, very dark. And then I woke up. It was so bizarreā€¦

Most Reactions

Latest posts