Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
I had an awful nightmare and I canā€™t stop thinking about it.

So, basically there was another pandemic (but instead of covid, it was an airborne version of rabies) and the government sent out a 1 hour timer to get to shelter before they nuked the ENTIRE STATE. So, I began gathering my necessities and a few comfort items (but nothing frivolous), and just before I could save my birds, I am dragged into some small, crappy shelter with my family.

I began to sob and scream uncontrollably and beat on the door, to try and save them, but by the shockwave that fallowed only a few minutes later, I knew they were goners. I turned to who prevented me from saving my best friends, and I realized it was my father. He, in a way, killed my birds. Their nuke-related deaths were his fault. I end up freaking out on him, shrieking how he killed them, how heā€™s a monster, and many other things that are really personal. A few days pass, and I donā€™t say a single word to him- which was extremely easy since I donā€™t really talk to him unless forced to. He doesnā€™t say a word either. The government gives the ok to step outside, and as soon as I do, I realize I am standing on solid ice- just like Antarctica. The smell of burning flesh and frigid winds wafted through my nostrils. How I even knew what burned flesh smelled like was beyond meā€¦ the sky was dark. So, very dark. And then I woke up. It was so bizarreā€¦

SOunds like a nightmare I had a while back.

There was a tornado warning and I had to protect my pets by caging them. Before I could get everyone in their travel cages/crates, the tornado hit! It was a really vivid, realistic dream, too. I don't remember if we escaped or not, but I remember my then service dog being on a leash as the tornado went over my house (weird because I lived in an apartment). Then there was something about following the tornado. I remember being utterly terrified of the whole event and thankful that my animals were okay when I woke up.!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Rico's dream reminded me about one of my nightmares too - it was about a guy who had a laser which was "inserting" a deadly disease to women (males were resistant) - in this way he killed many girls and women, including my friend and me at the end - I woke up after passing away (I think it's the only dream so far in which I died)

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I had an awful nightmare and I canā€™t stop thinking about it.

So, basically there was another pandemic (but instead of covid, it was an airborne version of rabies) and the government sent out a 1 hour timer to get to shelter before they nuked the ENTIRE STATE. So, I began gathering my necessities and a few comfort items (but nothing frivolous), and just before I could save my birds, I am dragged into some small, crappy shelter with my family.

I began to sob and scream uncontrollably and beat on the door, to try and save them, but by the shockwave that fallowed only a few minutes later, I knew they were goners. I turned to who prevented me from saving my best friends, and I realized it was my father. He, in a way, killed my birds. Their nuke-related deaths were his fault. I end up freaking out on him, shrieking how he killed them, how heā€™s a monster, and many other things that are really personal. A few days pass, and I donā€™t say a single word to him- which was extremely easy since I donā€™t really talk to him unless forced to. He doesnā€™t say a word either. The government gives the ok to step outside, and as soon as I do, I realize I am standing on solid ice- just like Antarctica. The smell of burning flesh and frigid winds wafted through my nostrils. How I even knew what burned flesh smelled like was beyond meā€¦ the sky was dark. So, very dark. And then I woke up. It was so bizarreā€¦
That's a scary, disturbing dream, and probably refects how you feel about your father and how you believe he feels about you and your birds.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
SOunds like a nightmare I had a while back.

There was a tornado warning and I had to protect my pets by caging them. Before I could get everyone in their travel cages/crates, the tornado hit! It was a really vivid, realistic dream, too. I don't remember if we escaped or not, but I remember my then service dog being on a leash as the tornado went over my house (weird because I lived in an apartment). Then there was something about following the tornado. I remember being utterly terrified of the whole event and thankful that my animals were okay when I woke up.!
Iā€™ve had 3 similar dreams to that as well, though I only remember a few pieces. Nothing can describe the relief of opening your eyes after disconnecting from the wretched dreamscapes, and seeing your non-human companions alive and well. Its truly a different feeling.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Rico's dream reminded me about one of my nightmares too - it was about a guy who had a laser which was "inserting" a deadly disease to women (males were resistant) - in this way he killed many girls and women, including my friend and me at the end - I woke up after passing away (I think it's the only dream so far in which I died)
Such a bizarre dreamā€¦ I wonder what couldā€™ve cause it. Perhaps a fear of something? Maybe it was just something your brain came up with? The human subconscious and the mind is incredibly weird. For some reason, though, Iā€™m just imagining TLOU clickers injecting Gatorade into random women lol

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
That's a scary, disturbing dream, and probably refects how you feel about your father and how you believe he feels about you and your birds.
Thatā€™s actually probably the truth behind it. He has threatened to get rid of Rico because I did something wrong (I donā€™t remember what, but I know it was something incredibly petty and stupid). I had a terrible relationship with him then, and it even worse now. Like, you donā€™t have the trucking nerve to threaten to get rid of someoneā€™s pet- their BEST FRIEND, over small things, and then have the trucking AUDACITY to wonder why they despise you so much. I always wonder if Rico will still be there when I get back from longer trips away (like a day at my grandmaā€™s house) because of that one threat. Ugh, it just grinds my gears and makes me so angry just remembering that.

So yes. I do believe what you said is incredibly true, given his history of not liking birds, threatening to get rid of Rico, and not being willing to help Rico when he broke his leg, Iā€™d say itā€™s a pretty safe bet to assume that he just doesnā€™t like nor care about Rico, and it influenced my dream pretty heavily.

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
This is a thread where you can share whatever you brain comes up with when you are asleep. Even the ones your brain decides ā€œoh man, this story I made is scary. Time to be scared!ā€ AKA: nightmares.

Here was the most recent one (Iā€™m gonna be little vague about this one)

For some background to have this dream make more sense:
So, my ex is psychotic. He would often express his thoughts of harming people and taking the lives of others. He found my house a day after I told him the town I was in and was oddly excited about. Even though we are on quite literally polar opposites of the planet, nothing is stopping him from convincing his mother to fly out of Australia and to Alaska, especially since they are fairly well off and can take vacations.

So, now you have a little info, this nightmare will make sense.

I was hanging out in my room when I heard a knock. I go and answer since no one else was home. The peephole is foggy, so I answer the door and there he is. I notice he has a knife. I try to slam the door shut but he barges in. I start running away and he follows, trying to ā€œangrily poke meā€ (iykwim) and my house has an upstairs area for some reason, and I bolt up there. He is lost in the halls now, calling for me to come and ā€œtalkā€ to him. ā€œLee, come out, come out, wherever you areā€¦ā€ He said as he walked through the hallway. He tried entering my room but it was locked. He swore and noticed the upstairs area, and he went up there. He noticed the bathroom door was shut and so, he broke down the door. ā€œI know youā€™re in here.ā€ He said, chuckling. He slowly opened the shower curtains and saw I wasnā€™t there. ā€œWhat the f-ā€œ and before he could finish his sentence, he was tackled by a police dog. Then, as he was being dragged by Cupcake the German shepherd, a police officer walked up to me, told me I looked like ā€œa disfigured turkeyā€ and I woke up.

I am kinda nervous that the slimeball (my ex) will find me and harm or even end me. But then I realize ā€œoh yeah, we have a bunch of weapons lying around, and even then, heā€™s 5ā€™1ā€ and scrawny. Iā€™m like 5ā€™7ā€ and built like a brick.ā€ So Iā€™m not super worried.

My absolute favorite dream:

Rico was the size of a quetzalcoatlus and he had a saddle on (think ARK Survival Evolved, Argentavis saddle) View attachment 50516View attachment 50517
And we were flying around, people becoming horrified by the giant bird the size of an airplane flying about. Then, I landed Rico in the petco parking lot people were staring at us. I grabbed a pickle and I threw it at the petco, shouting ā€œYOUR MOTHERS ARE ALL ALPACAS YOU SLIMY ANIMAL ABUSERS!ā€ The manager and CEO come out looking like the typical bad guy who is rich in a movie and they are also terrified of the giant cockatiel being ridden like a horse by some random teen. ā€œWho tf are you?ā€ The manager asks. ā€œMe? My name? Nah, why do you allow animal cruelty?ā€ I asked. ā€œBecause we want money, duhhh.ā€ The manager said. I whistled to Rico as a command to grab the evil manager, and so Rico did, and we flew off with the manager in Ricoā€™s talons, ā€œDO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!ā€ ā€œEXCUSE ME!!! PUT ME DOWN!ā€ ā€œHEY!!!! ARE YOU LISTENING?! PUT ME DOWN, NOW!ā€ He demanded but rico and I only laughed. We set him into a jail cell, and Rico flew off with me clinging to the saddle and we went to a coffee shop. He got a muffin and I got a slice of kiwi pizza. Then I woke up.

So, what are your dreams?
that second story is so funny AND I WANT TO DO THE SAME THING IN REAL LIFE

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Such a bizarre dreamā€¦ I wonder what couldā€™ve cause it. Perhaps a fear of something? Maybe it was just something your brain came up with? The human subconscious and the mind is incredibly weird. For some reason, though, Iā€™m just imagining TLOU clickers injecting Gatorade into random women lol
Honestly, I don't remember much - it was years ago when I was a kid, maybe 13 years ago?
Well, sometimes our brains are just weird and I guess my brain was jest weird then

It was just a usual-looking laser but after lightening a female's body, she got sick

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Isn't the confused imagery in dreams fascinating, funny and sometimes scary, at least until you wake up and shake the cobwebs out of your brain!

My disturbing dream had nothing to do with birds but I'll share it anyway just for laughs. It was In 2018 or 2019. It was a fairly typical dream about being chased but this one is unusual because of who was chasing me. I dreamed I was being chased through a huge parking lot and I was terrified. I knew who was chasing me but I don't know why- I just knew I must not let him catch me! After a long scary chase he caught me pinning g me to the ground! I was in a complete panic, making fearful moaning sounds while I slept beside my husband. He woke up and tried to awaken me but I became more terrified because I thought he was my attacker! Suddenly I awakened and opened my eyes and blurted out "it's Donald Trump! He was trying to kill me!"
Donald trump! hahahah

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
craziest dream I had is........

I was a silkwing from my favorite book called "wings of fire" me and all the main caracters where flying with me with bumblebee on crickets back and ivy and wren and mushroom and leaf the humans(and thyme) on sky the skywings back. and blue the silkwing tried to kiss me but I said "HAHAHA I THOUGHT YOU HAD A CRUSH ON CRICKET BUT SHALL RULE THE WORLD HAHAHA YOU PAINT EATER"(you would understand if you read the book) he flew away and I pulled a mango out of the sky and ate it(again you would understand if you read the books). I was unstopable until we reached pytheria from pantala(the contaments) the peril(a dragon name) flew down so hard that with her too hot fire she was a dragon meteor and burned pythereia into a fire zone she was the meteor that extincted the dinosaurs(dragons)

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Honestly, I don't remember much - it was years ago when I was a kid, maybe 13 years ago?
Well, sometimes our brains are just weird and I guess my brain was jest weird then

It was just a usual-looking laser but after lightening a female's body, she got sick
Yeah, the human mind is incredibly weird. Why do our brains come up with these things?

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Thatā€™s actually probably the truth behind it. He has threatened to get rid of Rico because I did something wrong (I donā€™t remember what, but I know it was something incredibly petty and stupid). I had a terrible relationship with him then, and it even worse now. Like, you donā€™t have the trucking nerve to threaten to get rid of someoneā€™s pet- their BEST FRIEND, over small things, and then have the trucking AUDACITY to wonder why they despise you so much. I always wonder if Rico will still be there when I get back from longer trips away (like a day at my grandmaā€™s house) because of that one threat. Ugh, it just grinds my gears and makes me so angry just remembering that.

So yes. I do believe what you said is incredibly true, given his history of not liking birds, threatening to get rid of Rico, and not being willing to help Rico when he broke his leg, Iā€™d say itā€™s a pretty safe bet to assume that he just doesnā€™t like nor care about Rico, and it influenced my dream pretty heavily.
really during the first years Andy would probably be dead if he(dad) didn't care. she was my first pet and I knew nothing about birds, I said I wanted a pet and he brought me to petco to see what I wanted, I picked a bird and no research and she was silently misrable for 4 years and It was really my fault for her suffering. I have really a oppasite dad compared to you.

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Parrots
Had a very vivid nightmare. I went to pet a friend's dog and Doogie attacked me! I woke up with.a start. Oy Freaky!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Lol, today night my brain was both weird and a bit funny. So, I dreamed that I was talking with my friend's mom who told me about diving googles which also have the function of glasses - because when I'm on a swimming pool, I can't wear glasses and everything is blurry.
Of course such thing doesn't exist, my brain was just funny

Today I had few dreams... in another one I was a macaw and I had to solve a simple (and weird) game - someone with weather-changing powers told me to mark what may be dangerous - I marked two of the trees ("answers") and then doing presenting if I was right - I realized that prob I misunderstood her... but nevermind. Anyways, then that person decided to do a joke on me - she made two trees falling down on me. I flew away. Later I accidentally flew into somewhere where I met her again but she didn't spot me - I just heard how she was laughing from my escape. And I flew away again.

At least I think so I was a macaw then... because I had two dreams today where I was a parrot and in another one I was obviously a scarlet macaw (as a character created by me) - but I won't tell details about another one. I can just tell that it was SO out of both my and my character's character and it's not something to share here

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Today dream I was a lorikeet :) Like never, I wasn't a macaw. I was running away from someone

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
I HATE NIGHTMARES. And wake up feeling sad. I had a dream about Teeko getting outside. And he landed in the grass. And a hawk or Raven got ahold of him..and it wasnt pretty.. but I was looking at his poor face while he was talking to me and I started crying..and yelling for my wife to call the vet. I Woke up sweating. And woke Teeko up at 2am. He is all like "dude what...in the" Just to kiss him and give him food in the middle of the night why he was half asleep..munching sunflower seeds. Sorry but I need a shoulder. šŸ˜¢

Last edited:

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
two nights ago I dreamed I was Clay (with Glory

I HATE NIGHTMARES. And wake up feeling sad. I had a dream about Teeko getting outside. And this will be "graphic a bit" but he got outside..and landed in the grass. And a hawk or Raven got ahold of him. And ripped his eye out..and I was looking at his poor face while he was talking to me and I started crying..and yelling for my wife to call the vet. I Woke up sweating. And woke Teeko up at 2am. He is all like "dude what...in the" Just to kiss him and give him food in the middle of the night why he was half asleep..munching sunflower seeds. Sorry but I need a shoulder. šŸ˜¢
really the worst nightmare i've ever had with my babies is once I dreamed that I woke up and find Sky and Smokey and Lapis completed mauled by Andy and blood smeared all over her beak and this was the weird part of my dream, she said with an English accent "They loved you too much, now I'm the only one who does" I didn't post this because it seemed a bit graffic. but yeesh I'm really haunted by that.

Last edited:

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Parrots
I love ghost shows like twin paranormal, slapped ham and Nukes top 5. I must love them too much because I dreamed I was at a ghost convention, learning ghost hunting techniques from experts. It was a vivid dream, too.

Most Reactions

Latest posts