Time ⏲️

Pammie

Jul 20, 2023
Parrots
Quaker
Hi

I'm interested in how much one on one time you spend with your amazon.

I work all day but from home most of the time so she gets to be in my office with me and we chatter, on occassion I am going to have to be out of home for a few hours and occasionally a day. I am concerned how this will affect my little girl.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I find that for the most part that my birds may be mad for a little while when their schedule changes, but they also forgive pretty quickly. As long as the majority of time is spent with them they will be fine on the days when you have something else you have to do.
Your baby girl should be fine:)

OP
P

Pammie

Jul 20, 2023
Parrots
Quaker
I find that for the most part that my birds may be mad for a little while when their schedule changes, but they also forgive pretty quickly. As long as the majority of time is spent with them they will be fine on the days when you have something else you have to do.
Your baby girl should be fine:)
Thank you. She wouldn't be alone during the day 90% of the time. Hubby would be around but mostly she's hanging out in my home office on a play stand

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thank you. She wouldn't be alone during the day 90% of the time. Hubby would be around but mostly she's hanging out in my home office on a play stand
It sounds like she gets plenty of time and attention ❤️

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Salty and i spend about an hour every day direct interaction either play fighting, giving skritches or doing training sessions. Of course he is out of his cage at least 6 hrs a day, in the main room of our open plan 1st floor. Either Mrs Wrench or both of us are present there.

Most Reactions

Latest posts