Unenthusiastic Kakariki?

IndianRingnecks4me

Sep 2, 2018
So, I have a buttercup kakariki called Cheese. Right now I'm doing target training. He does it pretty good, however he doesn't bother to move. He will rotate his head, even stretch his head a bit but he will not move at all! Not even one step, he's just that lazy. I even change treats from millet to nectarine, we do training every 2-5 minutes and take breaks every 20 mins. I really just can't tell why he doesn't bother to move to get the stick. Before you say it, he's not obese and does fly a lot in my room so he's active, just not active there for some reason. Help please! :green1::green1::green1:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Training is best done with the parrots VERY MOST FAVORITE treat, the one he will do flip flops for, the one he would build you a Volkwagen for. It inly gets used for training, or as a reward for doing something really complicated. Salty's is shelled pine nuts, cut into lil pieces. The trick is to figure out what your kakariki's ultimate treat is. Salty would wax the kitchen floor for a pine nut.

Most Reactions

Latest posts