Their saying are adorable, you must get them on video P L E A S E
Thanks for sharing, it made me smile just when I needed to

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Re: "Our" Birds Talking

Here's me posting some daft vids of Cal for you all (In the right place this time...duh Von Von....)

The first one is to say "hi" and the second is just Cal doing Cal stuff but making me laugh lots! Hope she makes you laugh too.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ulWt7u6lMQ]YouTube - Calypso 5 weeks in[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icXk7jXL6AM]YouTube - Calypso doing what Sun Conure's do best![/ame]
(Please ignore 48 hours hard evidence in the background!!! I record and watch that religiously!!!)

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG

lol......had to put on my sideways viewing glasses to watch these, thanks for posting to this thread :)

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media

This may shock you Bob, but I'm not so hot with the technical stuff! haha!

I know, I know....I hide it SO well....!!!!

I'm currently trying to follow Ant's instructions on how to delete my thread and failing MISERABLY!!! :(

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media

lol......had to put on my sideways viewing glasses to watch these, thanks for posting to this thread :)

AND I AM CALLED "BIRD BRAIN"

VON
36_1_69.gif
ANT

I'm pretty sure if I had a larger IQ I'd be offended right now but luckily for you, I totally don't! hahahaha <333

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media

We have this all wrong. Ant. is not a bird brain it is Mishka that is the brain bird!!!
hug-caress.gif
hugs-kiss.gif
hug-slip.gif
hug-squeeze.gif
surprise-huig.gif
hugs-kiss.gif
hug-slip.gif
hug-squeeze.gif
surprise-huig.gif

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media

Oh my goodness.....

Cal has just said to me: What?

When I twitter away back to her and she's making noises I say: What is it then? What? Oh really....uhhuh....what then? What.....? etc

She currently sounds like Rainman.

All I can hear behind me is: what.....what....what....and when I don't reply...WHAT! HELLO!

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

Oh my goodness.....

Cal has just said to me: What?

When I twitter away back to her and she's making noises I say: What is it then? What? Oh really....uhhuh....what then? What.....? etc

She currently sounds like Rainman.

All I can hear behind me is: what.....what....what....and when I don't reply...WHAT! HELLO!

OMG that is all you are going to hear for the next few days

what what hello hello what what helloooooooo
You are definitely going to go bird crazy now hehehe

It's amazing how the mutter the word in the beginning, especially when you walk away

Von you are in for such an exciting time right now

Cal has just started putting two words together now, from here on there is now stopping her.
Talk to her 24/7, whenever possible, play her cd's with your voice, saying words that she is learning. Play them to her continuously and you will have a 24/7 chatterbox and free entertainment channel at your fingertips.
You being a splendid guardian, keep it up

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media

hahaha! Thankyou!

She has a habit of doing it when you don't pay attention ;)

She come out with a double barrell a few times and I'm trying to figure out what it is!

So far we've had relatively clearly "hello"(she said it so clearly when I picked up the phone the last few times), "hi" apprently "what" LOL and she also does Boots girly bark from time to time and when she's sleepy, purrs like the cat! The cat lies on the sofa nearest her cage at night and does this you see......

Mucho fun!!!!! I talk to her ALLLL the time but she's so clever to be picking tones/words up already!

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

Mishka is working very hard, she is going to tell the world a true fact about
"Linky & Sterretjie" hehe you had better be prepared Linky, the whole world will soon know........

25_1_83.gif
has warned you in advance

For a few days :grey: has been saying going to the bathroom.

Earlier today, she climbed off her perch, and walked past me.
I asked her, and where are you going she replied in a stern tone,
I AM GOING TO THE BATHROOM
........ and she walked into the bathroom.
I had such good bumps, at times I think Mishka is more human than bird.
She sounded exactly like me talking, not like a little birdie at all.
Must get this one on video

4_7_1.gif
for any of our birds

Last edited:

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )

Wow, Mishka just stuns me sometimes. What is especially mind-boggling is that she is so young. Just think what she is going to retain over the next years and how she will continue to build both her vocab and her context. She is the most amazing creature! You are giving her such a rich life, Ant.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

Wow, Mishka just stuns me sometimes. What is especially mind-boggling is that she is so young. Just think what she is going to retain over the next years and how she will continue to build both her vocab and her context. She is the most amazing creature! You are giving her such a rich life, Ant.

Just imagine how she is going to back chat me and tell me to

Steven my youngest son, was here with Mishka earlier today, I went out on deliveries.
On returning he said mom, Mishka has not stopped talking for one second, she sounded like a stuck recording. She does not even come up for air. He reckons I must take her to the vet, it's abnormal behavior.
When I say she does not stop talking for one second I am not exaggerating.

:grey: is giving me a blessed life

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )

I was in a meeting with someone like that yesterday...would not stop talking. I am going to be traveling with this guy in October. It might help me to tolerate his non-stop monologue if I think of Mishka informing you of her bathroom destination. Thanks, Ant!

Oh and ask Steven just how much texting he does. :rolleyes: I have two his age... pretty sure they don't stop "talking" either.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

Linky this one is especially for you, at your request

I had shown this on the forum previously, re-posting it since our "video" section is not available any longer.
Mishka was about 2 years old at the time.
I asked Mishka questions.......... go ahead and enjoy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StvoN5XQDPk"]YouTube - Mishka African Grey Talking[/ame]

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

I was in a meeting with someone like that yesterday...would not stop talking. I am going to be traveling with this guy in October. It might help me to tolerate his non-stop monologue if I think of Mishka informing you of her bathroom destination. Thanks, Ant!

Oh and ask Steven just how much texting he does. :rolleyes: I have two his age... pretty sure they don't stop "talking" either.

At lease I think Mishka would be quiet on the plane.
Her latest saying is now
Besides saying I want to go to the bathroom
Steven want to go to the bathroom, then Sean and even the doggies

My sons text lots, they actually talk more than our birds

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
RIP Hugo (African Brown Headed Parrot) 2 years old, lil Rosie May (Lovebird)

I have finally got a chance to hear all the recordings....its amazing how talented parrots are :) I was house sitting once for a friend and ummmm well the African Grey kinda spoke out of the bedroom...I couldnt wait for sleep time so he could go to sleep - lol. Ant, you must please try get Mishi on video going to the loo - that is so funny...hilarious!!!!

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

I have finally got a chance to hear all the recordings....its amazing how talented parrots are :) I was house sitting once for a friend and ummmm well the African Grey kinda spoke out of the bedroom...I couldnt wait for sleep time so he could go to sleep - lol. Ant, you must please try get Mishi on video going to the loo - that is so funny...hilarious!!!!

I must try that, sounds like mission impossible though.
AND what when she gets to the loo, what then, LoL she just stands there and asks do you want coffee?

Most Reactions

Latest posts