what is your one habit you can't break

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I heard itโ€™s more addictive than heroin. I donโ€™t know if thatโ€™s true but itโ€™s very hard to kick.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie

Jaras

Apr 18, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Playing games. Is it bad? I used to play video games a lot but now I play word games only. You know, such games as Wordle, Scrabble, etc. I am not good at it yet so sometimes I use this tool https://word-finder.com/words-that-start-with/fu/. Actually, I read that word games let you improve your vocabulary, building comprehension, and retention over time.

Last edited:

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I chew on the inside of my mouth, now what could be so bad about that? I'm not just chewing, I'm ripping off bits of skin which I regret if I eat anything spicy, and just having constant healing going on in the same place is very bad for your body.
Omgosh I do this too! I didn't know other people do it too.

Last edited:

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Omgosh I do this too! I didn't know other people do it too.
Yeah it had been a habit since I was probably 10 years! I'm happy to announce that after nearly a decade of chewing I stopped over a month ago now and haven't had the desire to do so again!
Hope you can stop too, it's not a very nice habit especially since it hurts!

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Picking minor mistakes which don't matter in random sentences

(recently found to be annoying and I will try not doing it any longer)

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
My bad habbits that keep reappearing when stressed (so a lit at the moment)

Nail biting
Thumb sucking
Chewing the inside of my lip

Oh and cutting my self with scissors (not intentionally! Hazzard of the job when holding ears and feet and doggo moves and i snip my finger,palm or thumb )

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momโ€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Oh boy, I have a lot ๐Ÿซ 

1. Nail biting
2. Hair chewing (sometimes)
3. Not knowing when to shut up
4. making the same mistakes and wondering why it didnโ€™t magically go differently

IMG_8850.jpeg

5. Just not eating for a few days because eating got boring
6. chewing my lip
7. Going to sleep if I get bored
8. Checking things often and always wondering โ€œdid I close that?โ€
9. Twitching when overly excited (I know itโ€™s stimming, but this one I canโ€™t mask at all and has lead to some embarrassing moments)
10. I used to touch my eyeballs when I was younger. I thought it โ€œfelt coolโ€. What the heck was wrong with me?

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
Good news bad news?
Bad news I got an stomach ulcer...
Good new it helped me to quit smoking!
Been 20 days now and counting!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momโ€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Good news bad news?
Bad news I got an stomach ulcer...
Good new it helped me to quit smoking!
Been 20 days now and counting!
So sorry to hear about the ulcer! Thatโ€™s probably really painfulโ€ฆ My friend has one and sheโ€™s miserable not being able to eat spicy food and in agonizing pain when she eats it regardless. Congratulations on being 20 days clean of cigarettes! Iโ€™m proud of you!!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Oh boy, I have a lot ๐Ÿซ 

1. Nail biting
4. making the same mistakes and wondering why it didnโ€™t magically go differently

View attachment 56289
6. chewing my lip
9. Twitching when overly excited (I know itโ€™s stimming, but this one I canโ€™t mask at all and has lead to some embarrassing moments)
10. I used to touch my eyeballs when I was younger. I thought it โ€œfelt coolโ€. What the heck was wrong with me?
I do #5, #6, and #7. Those and checking my bank balance too often to see how my "collecting hobby" is going, like more green stuff is going to just magically appear.
I also like the inside of my nose to be clear of gunk.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Oh boy, I have a lot ๐Ÿซ 

1. Nail biting

View attachment 56289
6. chewing my lip
Oh yeah I do #5 wayyyyy too often... usually intentionally (sometimes I just forget to eat lol), which sucks, but I honestly just don't like food lol

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momโ€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Oh yeah I do #5 wayyyyy too often... usually intentionally (sometimes I just forget to eat lol), which sucks, but I honestly just don't like food lol
Yeah, I get that. So many foods are either too boring or just really gross. Strong food aversions for ya. Like, why canโ€™t there be foods that are likeโ€ฆ I dunno, appealing? Like, amazing flavor, good texture, and perfect temperature, that doesnโ€™t smell absolutely funky. Oh, or why canโ€™t food just be enjoyable in general?

My parents donโ€™t understand that I literally cannot physically force myself to eat many of the foods they enjoy (most mammalian and all avian meats for example), because I will end up puking if I try. They just chalk it up to me being picky, but so many textures and many temperatures can make me gag or puke. same goes for drinks. Itโ€™s not always being picky, itโ€™s often a sensory thing (for me, at least.).

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
A lot of the time I just can't be bothered with eating and eating three meals a day is too much for me. We don't feed our dogs and cats three times a day. Children need to eat often but older adults really don't. It's a social convention.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Oh boy, I have a lot ๐Ÿซ 

1. Nail biting

View attachment 56289
6. chewing my lip
This post literally explained my entire life ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Excluding #3. I have the opposite problem ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I don't think it's wrong but I think it's weird - I keep hiding some things, especially from my parents - and it's not because I do something wrong, I just well... I'm "addicted" from hiding some information about me - to this level that I sometimes say little lies (eg. during one conversation I said that I don't do fanarts - there are very few persons irl who actually know about me drawing - maybe two?) But in general I avoid lying

Most Reactions

Latest posts