What Is...........

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
....................LOVE.................

Yesterday morning I came downstairs looking and feeling very rough, eyes all swollen and bloodshot and generally feeling lousy. Went into kitchen put kettle on for my much needed coffee, then went to say my usual good mornings to the fids. Always start with Bucc, then Kito, and finally the little guys I walked up to Bucc and before I can say anything at all he says "Give us a kiss" then makes kiss noises (always 2) "Love u Mum" followed by yet more kisses, I give him my kisses to which he replies "Thank u" By this time I'm feeling a lot better and brighter, how could I not, next is Kito so I go say good morning and he comes over to the front for his scritches and blows more kisses, followed by a lot of muttering (can't quite work out what he's trying to say) then as clear as day he says "Mum" with more kisses, I'm now feeling like a princess, even though I still look very rough. Next is the little guys, Good morning (go through all the names) and Gemini comes over and even more kisses follow, and a lovely "Hi there u" from Gemini. By now I'm feeling like a million dollars. I have my coffee and let the little guys out for a while, they all come out and have a mad 5 mins flying all over the place, before Flynnie comes and lands on my arm. Flynnie will NEVER come on any human at all EVER, (she was my little resue along with Errol, who were really badly treated) I'm now on cloud nine, really I am. I don't think the day could get any better than it has been so far. After about an hour Flynnie goes in followed by all the others. So its the Boys turn to come out. After my coffee and their stretching and sorting themselfs out, we work on the recall and a few other training bits. Every time I asked them to do anything they did it without hesitation, came to me everytime I called them, stayed when I asked them too. They were brilliant.

So what is Love, well its all the extra cuddles love and generally the things my fids do. Both Bucc and Kito can be real pains but would I ever be without my guys NEVER, NEVER NEVER. :D All too often we think about all the things they do wrong, but very rarely think of all the wonderful things they do for us.​

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
I think I love your birds. Such adorable personalities all of them. Thank you for sharing.

Peta, like Genlisae, I think I love your birds, too! But, you've reminded me a lesson that my own little ones give me (each and every morning) ...

I am loved. Thank you for sharing ... *I* (for one) needed that!

I pulled into the garage (from my trip to Denver), and the fiddies heard my vehicle. Mercy me, my heart was filled. They were actually awaiting my arrival. My hubby told me that Mojo will not talk to him or interact with him the way he does with me. Boy howdy, the birdies were just carrying on like nobody's business when I walked in the door! That, my friends (as Peta has said), is love!

(Shhh, they are all quietly asleep now, taking their afternoon siesta--I am typing quietly so as not to wake them!).

:smile015::smile015::smile015::smile015::smile015:

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Its the best feeling in the world, especially when you look as rough as I did that morning. They don't care what you look like they love ya anyway. :D No matter what.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Jemma has been away for the last week, and yep I'm missing her a lot, today was the worst day off all, its right in the middle of her going away and coming back. So have been feeling a little bit down, I was speaking to her tonight and Bucc was sitting with me, he looked at me then at the phone (Jemma was on loudspeaker, so she could talk to her fids) and said "Memma good girl, noooooooooooooo" (translation is Jemma is bad, but I've never used that word with my fids, he also calls her Memma, can't quite manage the J) It was just too funny as his head was going from side to side, looking for me to praise him up, Of course I had too. :18:

It doesn't matter what the situation is our Fids have such a way of putting a smile back on our faces, :07:

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
The funny thing is they always know what kind of mood we are in, they know ... Christy's dad (who has a Ph.D. is Psychology) doesn't understand that birds can love ... we haad a pretty good discussion about it last night ... it's stories like these, that each one of us has, that makes me believe that birds are just like any other animal and do have the capacity to LOVE in the same sence of the word that humans do!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
that makes me believe that birds are just like any other animal and do have the capacity to LOVE in the same sence of the word that humans do!

Yep I'm another believer in that. It would take a heck of a lot to convince otherwise. :D

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Peta... I think this is just a cover up for that plot to take over LOL :D

That would of deff start of my day right... but noooo i get a disrespectful birdie. I woke this morning and she was chatting away and I come over to talk with her and I told her she was a "good bird"... she stopped talking, looked and me and say "Shhhhhhh" :27: the nerve :eek:

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Awe my day was made with Rox abseiling up the shower curtain poking head round to me in the shower and wolf whistling.......kinda spoiled it by then laughing i felt vulnerable and exposed:(

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Awe my day was made with Rox abseiling up the shower curtain poking head round to me in the shower and wolf whistling.......kinda spoiled it by then laughing i felt vulnerable and exposed:(

Thats just too great LOL :D:p

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
It was cute cause she then started to try and drink the water off the curtain.
Strange little slurppy sounds. Then she hopped on to the cabinate and ran off with my mascara..Why do they have to run...is it to give me a fighting chance..she could fly to a vantage point. Me thinks Im being toyed wif:16:

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
I always have this issue where family memebers will bring cricket into the shower and put her up on the curtain rod... and I wont know she is there... until I feel this feeling of being watched LOL :eek:
But she always has this look on her face like... "Dont get me wet women, or I will poop on you"

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh dear Karen, I'm sorry, but I fell about laughing just imagining the look on your face. :D

Chi, think you are def right there. I'm waiting and prepared for it. :eek:

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
... "Dont get me wet women, or I will poop on you"

I mean, really, if you are in the shower is it all really that big of a deal? Not much of a threat in my book ... I would be more worries about the beak and my bare-assed skin (pun intended) ... :eek:

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Its not the bare-assed skin you should be that worried about Tex, but I'm leaving the rest to your imagination. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
I mean, really, if you are in the shower is it all really that big of a deal? Not much of a threat in my book ... I would be more worries about the beak and my bare-assed skin (pun intended)

Says the guy with the itty bitty birds... :D

Its not the bare-assed skin you should be that worried about Tex, but I'm leaving the rest to your imagination

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... no comment, i will be good.... i will be good.... i will be good .....nope I have had coffee :44:
I am going to be BAD..... Peta dear, he really doent have anything to worry about.... as small as his little fids are, they would still have to find it

24.gif

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Chi, was that really an appropriate post? Ya know, I was trying to be good and you LADIES took this in a whole different direction ... shame on all of you!

Most Reactions