What names would you name your future bird(S)?

ImaParrot

Apr 13, 2023
Media
Houston, Texas
Parrots
Turtle (my sister's budgie. Let's be real, I'm taking care of him)
Elvis (budgie)
Olive (budgie)
Niki R.I.P (budgie)
I like to joke that if i want a bird and name it before I get it, I am going to keep the bird, LOL. Do any of you name a bird before you get it? I often do, but the names don't often stick because they come with a name already. My White Capped Pionus (RIP) was supposed to be Bulkhead, but turned up with August as a name. Then I had Redshift's mate, who lived with the name 'Mindwipe' LOL!!

I baaadly want my next birds ,after Charlie and Redshift pass, to be Vortex and Whirl. I have a tradition of naming my birds after Transformers or Transformer-related themes.
Get ready, and grab a snack, because this'll be a while.
When I found out that I was getting two birds for Christmas, I already had a list. I had wanted birds for over a year, you can bet I had a list of names. They were:
June Carter & Johnny Cash
Niki
Elvis Pwezly (Sorry, that's just me saying it in my baby-bird voice. Lol.)
Pumpkin
Turtle & Truffle (Or Toffee, I kept changing my mind)
I ended up going with Niki and Elvis. When we got Olive, I had no idea what to name her, and she was green, so... Olive it was!
When my sister got a bird, she decided because it was blue she wanted to name it Turtle, which is really cute when she says, "My bird, Turtle..."

Currently saving up for a cockatiel or a green cheek conure, I have a list of adorable names. I'm thinking Pumpkin, Toffee or something. It depends on whether I get gcc or a tiel.

Inti's woman

Nov 9, 2023
Bretagne France
Parrots
Pionus maximiliani, Pyrrhura molinae, Nymphicus hollandicus, Pyrrhura cruentata...
I still love Kiki (Ennyd blython "..of adventures Cocatoo). My first parakeet was Kiki, then Tweety and Wickey. Cocateel: Chicko, Gypsy and Punky.
My pyrrhura, Pineau and the newest, Pionus Max. Inti. (Inca's important sungod)
Thought the last one shoukd be Kiki again, but...didn't match with him. Maybe once another last one....Kiki

Nov 2, 2022
Media
Washington, DC, USA
Parrots
Astro (budgie) 1/20/23--3/31/23
Poppy (cinnamon cockatiel)
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who does this LOL!
I love the name Sherbet for a Sun/Jenday conure, Chiquita or Pixie for a cockatiel, and Avocado for a GCC (I love food names for birds LOL) If I ever get a pair of smaller birds, for some reason I think Anarchy and Riot would be funny. Another cute pair name would be Wilbur and Orville after the Wright brothers.
I also love the idea of naming birds after characters, so Rocket, Sylphrena, Frodo, and Spensa are all on the potential roster.
However, with both of my birds, I've just ended up trying on random names that seemed to match them, and neither bird had their names on my list.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who does this LOL!
I love the name Sherbet for a Sun/Jenday conure, Chiquita or Pixie for a cockatiel, and Avocado for a GCC (I love food names for birds LOL) If I ever get a pair of smaller birds, for some reason I think Anarchy and Riot would be funny. Another cute pair name would be Wilbur and Orville after the Wright brothers.
I also love the idea of naming birds after characters, so Rocket, Sylphrena, Frodo, and Spensa are all on the potential roster.
However, with both of my birds, I've just ended up trying on random names that seemed to match them, and neither bird had their names on my list.
Sometimes it takes me a while to name new birds. I couldn't figure out what to name my first green budgie (alli e had been blue based) until I drove by a sign for a restraint called "Po Boys and Pickles" and Pickle it was! She literally looks like a flying pickle!
I got two adorable hand fed tame boy budgies a few years ago, one blue one green and again the green bird name dilemma. I adopted these boys in Spring 2021 after the now infamous US Presidential election so I named them Hunter and Beau Birden! If someone doesn't like the politics- they're just cute little birds!

Featherii_Fids

Jan 15, 2022
Media
UAE, Abudhabi
Parrots
Yuko [M] - Yellow headed Budgie. [Healthy, Tame.]
Snowii [F] - BV dilute opaline lovebird. [Healthy, hand-raised.]
Luna [F] - Indigo budgie. [RIP,.]
If I ever get a parrot in the future - my Goal is to hand raise a white faced cockatiel Or a Violet spangle Budgie.
If I get a white faced cockatiel who's Male, I'd name him Clive. If female, Clivette.
and if I get a violet spangle budgie who's male, his name definitely would be louis (I love this name for some reason-). If female, Sora

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Chicken named finger.
Haha, all my chickens have food names... Patty, waffles, biscuit, Sammy (sandwich), Parmesan, nugget, salt and pepper... 🤣 Exceptions being Yin and Yang (b&w), and the two leghorns with those great big combs, flopsy and mopsy (or sometimes called floozy!)

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
How about a rooster named Colonial Sanders.
Ah yes, the colonel sanders of the colonial era!

“Gorge washingmachine! It appears we have run out of breaded poultry!”

“Oh dear! Not our breaded poultry! Whatever are we to do?”

“…washingmachine! I have spotted a fresh, living poultry! We must catch it!”

Most Reactions

Latest posts