What names would you name your future bird(S)?

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
I like to joke that if i want a bird and name it before I get it, I am going to keep the bird, LOL. Do any of you name a bird before you get it? I often do, but the names don't often stick because they come with a name already. My White Capped Pionus (RIP) was supposed to be Bulkhead, but turned up with August as a name. Then I had Redshift's mate, who lived with the name 'Mindwipe' LOL!!

I baaadly want my next birds ,after Charlie and Redshift pass, to be Vortex and Whirl. I have a tradition of naming my birds after Transformers or Transformer-related themes.

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
Mindwipe...?
That's a strange name.

ohhhh cool name, just Googled it.

I'd like to have a blue front Amazon and name her Primeira.
So I'd have Primor and Primeira.
But realistically don't see that happening anytime soon if ever.
Now that I think about it the names are so close that it's probably a lame idea anyway.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
The local pet shop had an amazon parrot that had been found locally.
I can’t recall if it was a Lilac crowned or a red Lored
They had been unable to find the owner and were selling it.

At the time I thought about buying the bird and named it Maya.
Maya did not take to me in a friendly manner and I was not looking for a challenge.
But if I ever end up with a south or Central American parrot (female) I want to name her Maya, I think it would be appropriate.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Ona's name if she was a boy would have been "Ipo" (eee-po).

Another name I have thought about is "Yuri". It's from Fire Emblem Three Houses. There is a character named Yuri and his nickname is Yuri-Bird. It's just such a cute bird name! :)

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
If I ever get a Grey, I want to name it Caspian if male (possibly and probably female too) and if female, Tarabelle.

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
I often name birds before getting them...
I named my Nautilus quite a while before I got him. Nautilus was supposed to be his name if he was a girl and Teal'c was supposed to be the boy name, but Nautilus grew on me and I decided to use it even when he turned out a boy.

If I ever get an Alexandrine I would like his/her name to be Peninsula, Penn for short.
I love Princess parrots and I'd love a White Lime one (otherwise wild coloured) and think Sméagol would be a great name.
I also think one day I'd like a pair of Bush budgies, and it'd be nice to name them with names from native Australian languages. A girl example would be Alinta.
So yeah, I have lots of fun naming birds I don't have :giggle:

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I want to get a macaw and name it “macro” because it sounds like a cool name but it could be because I have macrodosed caffeine

I also want to get a gcc and name it “blarg” or “pea”

TaylorLincoln99

Sep 7, 2022
Media
Parrots
Fiona (Indian Ringneck)
I like to joke that if i want a bird and name it before I get it, I am going to keep the bird, LOL. Do any of you name a bird before you get it? I often do, but the names don't often stick because they come with a name already. My White Capped Pionus (RIP) was supposed to be Bulkhead, but turned up with August as a name. Then I had Redshift's mate, who lived with the name 'Mindwipe' LOL!!

I baaadly want my next birds ,after Charlie and Redshift pass, to be Vortex and Whirl. I have a tradition of naming my birds after Transformers or Transformer-related themes.
I want to get an African Grey and name him Earl 😊

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I wanted to name our next parrot Hoggle, but my kids overrode me this time, so now we are getting a Broccoli, lol. Thankfully the name is growing on me, unlike the vegetable!

kate32

Feb 5, 2023
Parrots
And then there were four.
Charlie (cinnamon conure)
Maverick (pineapple conure)
Phoenix (high red yellow sided conure)
New baby (moon cheek conure)
Charlie, Maverick and Phoenix all had their names before we brought them home. We are bringing home a moon cheek Thursday and he doesn’t have a name yet.

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
I named my first two before I got them! I work in a shop and we sell alcohol and I was bored sometimes so I'd imagine what kind of bird would match the bottles of the alcohol we sold. Then I really wanted a conure and cockatiel so I spent months imagining what they'd be like and what I'd call them, so when I finally got them they already had names and then I continued the theme with every new bird I got :ROFLMAO:

TheofficialParakeet

Mar 22, 2022
Panama City, Florida
Parrots
Blue American Budgie - Female (Bluberry)
Blue Australian Budgie - Male (Mr. Squiggles)
Blue English Budgie - Male (Hendrix)
i knew i would have a Mr.Squiggles 2 months before i got him lol.. if anyone else has a Mr. Squiggles, let me know

ray-of-flight

Jun 14, 2023
Parrots
None yet, am studying for my first one
I reallly try not to come up with names beforehand because I like to wait a bit for the personality to spark the name.. but.. for a female bird I thought of Tyrannosaurus, Tyra for short and I love it too much

I wanted to name our next parrot Hoggle, but my kids overrode me this time, so now we are getting a Broccoli, lol. Thankfully the name is growing on me, unlike the vegetable!
Hoggle from Labyrinth? If so awesome! Oh man, there's so many good names in that movie.. Didymus and Ambrosius would be cute for a pair (Sheepdogs are still my favorite type of dog thanks to that film!)

ShimmerSenegal

Sep 21, 2022
Slovakia
Parrots
Male Senegal parrot Shimmer
Female Senegal parrot Adeena
Lethe or Corai for an African grey! My two senegals are Shimmer and Adeena, so it would fit perfectly (won't be getting a Grey anytime soon, though, and maybe never...just daydreaming 😂)

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Hmmm this is a possibility for me as a friend of ours wants to gift us another parrot (they had an “oops” with their pet ringnecks). I’m thinking Beaker.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I often name birds before getting them...
I named my Nautilus quite a while before I got him. Nautilus was supposed to be his name if he was a girl and Teal'c was supposed to be the boy name, but Nautilus grew on me and I decided to use it even when he turned out a boy.

If I ever get an Alexandrine I would like his/her name to be Peninsula, Penn for short.
I love Princess parrots and I'd love a White Lime one (otherwise wild coloured) and think Sméagol would be a great name.
I also think one day I'd like a pair of Bush budgies, and it'd be nice to name them with names from native Australian languages. A girl example would be Alinta.
So yeah, I have lots of fun naming birds I don't have :giggle:
What's a Bush Budgie?

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
What's a Bush Budgie?
The smallest version (breed?) of budgies, most closely related to wild budgies. A true Bush budgie only comes in wild type colour.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I always have names picked out before getting an animal. Due to my age 😬 I won’t get any more parrots, just dogs.

I’ve always thought Pea and Pooh were cute names for small birds like budgies, but I never went ahead with it due to objection from others for some reason 😂. Hey, look at the way it’s spelled.. totally appropriate 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Most Reactions

Latest posts