What to use for cleaning?

millymb21

Nov 7, 2021
Parrots
parrotlet
Hi! I recently just got a carpet cleaner. I know not to use the carpet cleaner soaps. Is there any other things I can use? Is dawn okay?
Thanks!

Dan69

Nov 6, 2022
Parrots
Blue Crossover Quaker named Murray
This is what I use to clean around the house and in the cage. It's a good all around safe cleaner.

EcoSafe Multi-Purpose Cleaner Concentrate

I've been using it myself and the company owner and his wife has been using our products for years... and she has several birds and dogs. This is the only thing she cleans her house with unless she needs to break out the bleach for something.

Full disclosure: I work for EcoSafe Labs. We make this and I helped develop it. It was not made specifically for carpet cleaners, but I honestly don't see why it would not work. Personally, in carpet or upholstery cleaners I usually spot treat with this (or any other cleaner) and just use plain water in the machine itself. Less residue left behind.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
We just got a steam cleaner for the carpet and area rugs and it’s the kind that only uses distilled water; no chemicals or cleaners. It relies on high temps to disinfect carpet. That seemed like the safest bet to me!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I have used a combo of white vinegar and Dawn dish soap. It worked shockingly well.

Most Reactions