What's something you've seen your bird do that you can't get over?

Nov 9, 2021
Parrots
2 Budgies:
~ Twitter (white / blue)
~ Twitch (grey / purple)
For me it'd be my budgie, Twitch, running around on the bottom of the cage to get his favorite piece of paper, then try to climb back up to the perch (we bought him from the pet store and his wings were clipped back then but they grew back so he's used to climbing, but he is learning to fly (finally!)) and when he gets to the perch, he drops the piece of paper, all that but it's looped for 10 minutes until he gives up lol

My birds have done tons of things but if I listed them all they would be huge xD

Last edited:

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
For me it'd be my budgie, Twitch, running around on the bottom of the cage to get his favorite piece of paper, then try to climb back up to the perch (we bought him from the pet store and his wings were clipped back then but they grew back so he's used to climbing, but he is learning to fly (finally!)) and when he gets to the perch, he drops the piece of paper, all that but it's looped for 10 minutes until he gives up lol

My birds have done tons of things but if I listed them all they would be huge lol.
Poor little guy.
have the same issue with Merlin.
He will expend great energy taking a piece of food from his dish to the top perch only to drop it. Then he try’s to steal Luna’s food that she successfully negotiated up the cage.

The thing that most amazes me is Bingo’s reaction to Merlin climbing on his cage. He won’t let any other bird get away with that But with Merlin he accepts it.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
My GCC sometimes falls asleep holding on to his hanging foraging basket with his foot and his head laying in it. It's so cute when he does it but I'm afraid he'll fall (he never has.) The basket is hanging from a string through a hole in the middle.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
my Pikachu will use foot to scratch her head then look at me and repeat till I scratch her head. Then she holds onto one finger so I won't stop and can't get away
20220118_095228.jpg

Edit: adding her holding onto my finger for
20220129_113518.jpg
never ending head scritching

Last edited:
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Stormy has this branch on his bird tree that he loves to scritch his head on, and about half way through he stops, with his head still fluffy and on the branch, expecting it to scritch him back!

Pepper sings to Stormy and it's so cute!

Picasso is lazy and will run to my shoulder so I will kiss her :3

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
Oh another thing Julius does occasionally is when its time for lunch and i say time to eat to him and go for his food dish to put food he'll fly to me and then sit in his food because he cannot get to him fast enough because he's a total foodie.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I just can't avoid this...
Don't know why she does it...
I would like her to stop doing it....

My Emerald fly at bullet speed straight towards my face then duck out of the way the last second. By the time I move, she was way passed me. (Never had any accident YET!!!)
I have had Cockatiels and Amazons that do the same thing.
Must be more about temperament than species.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Yesterday I was paying attention to Ta-dah my GCC but also my phone. She was in cuddling mood and id already 20 min in on head scratches.
So during a pause she face bumped me pulled on my shirt , and then said "touch me!!!!" Very clearly and with attitude
I was gob smacked! I don't ever say this , I don't know were she picked that up!?!
I have said " touch this " when doing some trick training like a year ago....
But to say touch me....just wow

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
When Talli wants a treat, he will stand on the playstand next to me and scream "Step up!" over and over while stomping his feet. And just giving him a treat won't work...he wants it rolled up in a cupcake holder so he can forage it out.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy throws seeb tantrums when I don't give him treats, he bites me as hard as he can and than bites everything around him. Budgie tantrums are hilarious because budgies are adorable, but sometimes think they're VERY DANGEROUS AND MURDEROUS!!!

fruitsnax

Feb 17, 2022
Parrots
Sol - Female Juvenile Quaker parrot
Whenever my Quaker, Sol, is on my shoulder while I'm at my desk she'll gently bonk her beak against my headphones and the cuddle up next to them. I'll be in a call with one of my friends and through the mic they'll hear a plasticky bonk sound and then her chirring <3

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
When I come home from school, Stormy will wait patiently on his window boing or my door frame, then fly to me when I come in, do a little shake, and start falling asleep! The boi in question:

F66C778B-87B7-48D3-A367-05A1DE530142.jpeg

Most Reactions

Latest posts