What's your favorite parrot?

7birdbilly

Jan 11, 2013
Wow Tough question considering each birds personality. The best bird I ever came in contact with was my cockatiel Dusty. That bird never met a stranger, loved people. He would fly and land on top of your head look down at you and say "what you doin u bird bird"

But now I'd say my sun is my fav, he was my first and is so attached it's scary. Loves to burrow into my shirt and nap.

Pugtato

Sep 16, 2012
Kentucky
Parrots
Marty-Jardine's Parrot
I have been debating this for a few weeks now actually! I would like to buy one more bird in a few years down the road and call my "life flock" a done deal, but I am a planning type person so I am currently obsessed with reviewing parrot species, much to the utter horror of my fiance. I was brooding over Caiques, falling love with Macaws, being told "Hell NO!" to African Greys (my fiance is iffy about their neurotic reputation). So, at this moment in time I would have the say that my "favorite" bird species would be the Maximilian Pionus or the Rosebreasted Cockatoo.

Last edited:

Joeyx

Mar 15, 2012
Parrots
Birdie (BFA), Cloud (Lovebird)
i have a few favorites but the ones i reaaally would like to have right now are meyers and severe macaw. two birds that i doubt i'll ever get because i have never seen or heard bout them in my country. the closest i've seen were senegals, hahns (which are another favorite) and weirdly enough my yellow collared mini macaw from back in the day. i know a guy who's selling a blue headed macaw pair at the moment though, which is extremely rare, and came across another selling two red bellied macaws just recently, sooo... yea. never know what i'll come across.

Last edited:

Rana

Sep 18, 2012
Dublin, Ireland (Republic)
Parrots
Scottie Pippen (Pinapple GCC) Little Bandit (Hahns Macaw)
I love my pipsqueek to bits, but bandit was my dream bird. She's lucky she was or i would have struggled to stick through her agression and tantrums at the start... Hahns macaws are so fascinating! If i could, i'd have another one. then again, if i could, i'd probably have more parrots than would considdered to be sane.

Although there has been this little firey shoulder conure up for sale for aaaaaaaaaaages and i'm really itching for it... Fiery Shouldered Conures for sale in Kildare : €200 - DoneDeal.ie

Shade

Sep 27, 2011
Canada
Parrots
Piper - Peachface Lovebird;
Shade - Senegal Parrot;
Joey & Pixel - Red-bellied Parrots;
Petey & Zuri - Meyer's Parrots;
Léa - Cape Parrot
I couldn't pick.
I love every species I own - and while I have a number of Pois and find they are a nice fit for my personality, life wouldn't be the same without my Lovebird. He has so much personality :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I'm with Shade on this. Can't possibly pick just one. Couldn't live without either of my current flock, and have had others in the past who were simply phenomenal. :)

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
There are so many beautiful parrots that it would be impossible to pick 1.

My favorite is going to have to be the one that picked me!

HumanWings

Jan 18, 2012
mid-western USA
Parrots
I am currently parrotless but hope to be owned by a parrot in the next few months. :-)
My favorite parrots are macaws and if I had to pick one it'd probably be a hyacinth. I've always loved the bigger parrots and want something big enough that I feel comfortable free flying.

More specifically Hyacinths, Blue Throated's, Scarlet's and B & G's. :) :blue::blue1::red1:

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
I have had many parrots over the years, but the Green Cheek Conure would be my favorite.

OP
LoveMyParrots

LoveMyParrots

Dec 29, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Ozzie - alexandrine parakeet
There are lots of people picking macaws as their fav, me too! I actually love all the bigger parrots. :) I just love blue throated macaw, they are beautiful! I also love Hyacinths, green wing and blue and gold.

If I need to pick out of my flock, it would be Ozzie my alex :)

xTRIGx

Nov 18, 2012
Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
Trip (black capped conure)
Remy (nanday)
Zeph, Ziggy & Forest (green cheeks)
Riki (kakariki)
Duke & Audrey (indian ringnecks)
Biscuit (budgie)
kind of a boring answer,
but more than anything i would love to have a blue/turquoise green cheek conure..
they are so beautiful, the breeder that i am getting my black cap conure from also breeds those, their colour is just amazing.

Most Reactions