When you "do wrong" by your bird, what do they do??

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
:pI think it's hilarious when you "do wrong" by your bird. (To be clear, this is in THEIR eyes, not any sort of abuse or mistreatment)

Cal like any other loves her routine. The lazy madam gets up about 10am (we're up at 4am) and then I give her brekkie, clean her cage etc then Dave takes her down into the shop.

Then we lock up, go back upstairs, dinner time, fly/play time, bed time.

Pretty much.

But on a Sunday, we shut at 12.30 and we clean and stuff so Cal stays upstairs to avoid inhaling anything.

She does NOT like this LOL. We get a royal shouting at and the "step up" beaking is, to be honest, harder than strictly necessary.

I cannot help but find it hilarious though.

What does your bird do?

PS: Since my last Calypso update she now flies to me from anywhere if I hold out my hand, waves hello, says hello rather clearly (especially when you pick up the phone), watches tv sitting on me, is comfy with being passed to other people, plays peekaboo round furniture and flies to you to say "here I am!" and is loving cuddles - the grooming has intensified too(just have to work on her letting me return the favour). I could burst for joy. She's just the sweetest bird now her trust is being gained. I'm even more in love than I was. <3

David P

Sep 18, 2010
Years ago we had an Amazon parrot that loved my mom and on good days tollerated my dad and I. First, this bird was amazingly low key and self suffiecent (as far as parrots go) but he hated it if we went away for the weekend. Neighbors swear they thought someone was getting killed because of all the "help me help me" screams, and we have no idea where he learned it, anyhow he would be just royally pissed off that we went away and left him. We would get home walk in the door, he would be excited for a split second, waving his wings like he was happy to see us, then head down, eyes flashing, wings flapping, muttering under his breath. He HAD to bite my mom and show her how mad he was. Once hey bit her(usually drawing blood) he would laugh and run into his cage and yell bad bird bad bird and laugh again. After he bit her he was fine. If my mom stayed away from him and not give him the chance to bite her, he would wait... days if he had to! Once she was napping in her chair, he slid off his cage walked across the room climbed up her chair and bit her on the foot. She flailed her leg in surprise and pain, he flew across the room (didnt know how to fly) would laugh and yell bad bird! Then he would be happy.

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
Every night for dinner Sammy, my U2, gets a small plate of what we are having. We sit down to eat too. If he finishes before us, 100% he does! He sits at his food bowl and takes footfuls of his pellets and hangs them out the cage and drops it on the floor! He doesn't want the good stuff, he wants human food all the way!

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Once, when Gandalf nipped me after stepping up, I gave him a very small "check" by dropping my hand an inch or so. He looked up at me, then proceeded to really chomp me. He then looked back up at me with an expression that really seemed to convey "I can do this all day." I couldn't help it... even though it hurt, I had to laugh at myself. I guess he trained me not to do that.

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
haha I LOVE these stories!!!! Thanks all!

Keep them coming!

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
I once had a 6 year old Nanday Conure that I got from a nice family, who got him from a bad family, who got him from another bad family. I felt so sorry for "Snoopy"(his name) and I was delighted to take him in. Well he was quiet the funnster. To name one time: Snoopy had a weird way of eating his colored pellets that we gave him. Here's what he would do. He would get one pellet, take it in his beak, climb clear accross his huge cage, put it in his water, then climb back to his bed and pull the his favorite toy like a curtain in front of him so knowone could see him. Then once he waited about 30 seconds for the pellet to soak he would walk back to the water, take the completely soaked pellet in his beak, go all the back to his bed with the toy, then drag the toy accross so no-one would see him and then eat the pellet. Then he'd repeat the process!!!!

JawzX

Aug 22, 2010
Media
Vermont
Parrots
8 year-old second-hand Alexandrine Parakeet Buddy (aka Baby, aka Ms. Prissy Beak)
Baby is a master of the stink-eye. She has an angry stare that can wilt full-grown trees at 100 meters ;) she's also fond of the icy-cold shoulder, which often involves pointedly playing with her toys and NOT me. Sometimes even refusing treats for hours at a time. Now neither of these are particulalry destructive behaviors, but luckily for my heating bill and the health of the local vegetation she forgives pretty easily too. I know the cold treatment andhate-fest is over when I he's a good feather rustle followed by a loud, "PEEEP". She does insist on having the last word ;)

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
HA! I love it Jaws!

Eating in secret Mr Spy....maybe he thought he was a cat but got the ends mixed up? :D

Most Reactions