why do I have to leave birdies? šŸ˜©

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
Rainbow Lories: Mathew & Mia šŸ¤
Hi
I just have been told, that the owner of the apartment we temporarily rented, doesnā€™t allow pets; The moment I was told that they already signed the contract, and Iā€™ve to leave my birdies, I couldnā€™t hold my tears; Iā€™m just crying since an hour .. šŸ˜­

I need a solution, I donā€™t want to leave my birdies for an entire year. I actually donā€™t have anywhere I trust, even the hotel I left them in few times, itā€™s not a place to leave them in for a year šŸ˜­

Thank you in advance

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Check the language of your lease/ contract to see how they define pets. Your birds may not count as pets via some technicality. This has worked for me because the birds have a cage and donā€™t roam around the apartment. Or sometimes places allow cats and dogs under 15 lb (6 kilos?) but not larger.

I have paid a small pet fee to have birds in an apartment as well. Maybe the owner would allow you to pay a fee?

Iā€™m sorry this has happened to you.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I agree with Heather about checking the exact language. None of the places I've lived have ever said no to birds and I hope it is the same in your lease.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you, please update and let us know what happens.

Ronnie27

Oct 13, 2022
MĆ©xico
Parrots
Esmeralda, Perla, Arcoiris, Kiwi
Oh no! šŸ˜° But you should not leave your birds if you don't want to.

Heather and Terry are right. Also, there are modern hotels and apartments for humans where pets are allowed, try to search some in the city you live or nearby cities. Also, there are hotels for pets (most dogs or cats), they can be an option while you find a new home to move in. Maybe it would be useful to join some Facebook group for dog or cat owners in your city, they might know some of the services I have mentioned.

Cheer up, everything is gonna be okay for you and your babies.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Remember, eman is in Kuwait and maybe their laws are different than the US. I hope notā€”I hope we hear he can keep his birdsā€”but we will see.

Most Reactions