With โ€œA Face That Launched A Thousand Shi#sโ€

• Thread starter Deleted member 42416
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 42416

That faceโ€ฆ that beautiful, sweet, face!! This is why we toil and troubleโ€ฆ. No matter how much or how awful the product of the back end, itโ€™s the front that keeps us coming back for more.

I want to see all the best face pics of your petsโ€ฆbirbs or otherwise!

Hereโ€™s a startโ€ฆ..Pancho the chihuahua drives my family bananas since his bladder and rectum are the size of a walnut. Needs frequent outside time, has to be fed at 5:30 am, and has decided heโ€™s Hazelsโ€™s personal bodyguard. But look at that face!!

3248DFA1-8E2A-41C9-A7E2-4BB6F915ADF4.jpeg

OP
D

Deleted member 42416

Colonel Gustard (Gus Gus), rescued from a neighborโ€™s garageโ€ฆthey had him in a small cage and were going to leave for the weekend when the weather was warming up (he would have died in there). My daughter happened to see them in passing and asked if they needed help with the rabbitโ€ฆ they gave him to her with all his stuff and did not want him back. I said we could foster himโ€ฆ.that was almost a year ago. He has now since been neutered, is free roaming in the house (he uses a litter box), and plays with Pancho and Seymour the cat. I guess weโ€™re keeping him.
95AA658B-9848-4A5E-9FDF-46EEACCB3618.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh yeah your guys are cute and all (and they REALLY are!!) but if it's :poop: out of all earthly proportion that you want, you cannot go past a lorikeet. It is amazing how much liquid :poop: you can get out of such a tiny little bird!! And that face is the very picture of innocence โค๏ธ

IMG_0203 (2).JPG

"What?! No mum, not me, nothing so hideous could possibly have come out of my cute feathery little butt!"

OP
D

Deleted member 42416

Oh yeah your guys are cute and all (and they REALLY are!!) but if it's :poop: out of all earthly proportion that you want, you cannot go past a lorikeet. It is amazing how much liquid :poop: you can get out of such a tiny little bird!! And that face is the very picture of innocence โค๏ธ

View attachment 36048

"What?! No mum, not me, nothing so hideous could possibly have come out of my cute feathery little butt!"
So cute right?!! And then the matter of the backside production. God definitely has a sense of humor.

Lilly totally has the Essence of Innocence in that pic!!! So pretty!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh she had us all deceived with that pretty little face of hers alright. Don't ask me how she did it, but she did actually manage to toilet train herself, so the worst of her projectile poop was mainly contained in the bird room. She did however have the occasional "accident" on her dadda however - although I'm not certain how "accidental" it was ;)

For sheer volume of lorikeet poop however, one cannot go past a tree full of rainbows at roosting time! We captured this video of pretty much every rainbow lorikeet in the whole town of Childers, QLD, a few days ago. Do NOT walk under this tree without an umbrella!!

OP
D

Deleted member 42416

Oh she had us all deceived with that pretty little face of hers alright. Don't ask me how she did it, but she did actually manage to toilet train herself, so the worst of her projectile poop was mainly contained in the bird room. She did however have the occasional "accident" on her dadda however - although I'm not certain how "accidental" it was ;)

For sheer volume of lorikeet poop however, one cannot go past a tree full of rainbows at roosting time! We captured this video of pretty much every rainbow lorikeet in the whole town of Childers, QLD, a few days ago. Do NOT walk under this tree without an umbrella!!

Amazing! If I was transported there right now Iโ€™m sure I would be the naive American looking up, mouth agape in aweโ€ฆ.๐Ÿ˜.

I remember when I was in college there was a $1 movie theater. We would buy tickets and visit the pet store next door. They had this red lorikeet $400 (now a third of their price in the US) that loved to play. I remember he was heavier than I would expect for his size and he smelled like fermented fruit and marmiteโ€ฆbest smell ever! Sometimes I would just go in there to play with himโ€ฆ and smell him.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Colonel Gustard (Gus Gus), rescued from a neighborโ€™s garageโ€ฆthey had him in a small cage and were going to leave for the weekend when the weather was warming up (he would have died in there). My daughter happened to see them in passing and asked if they needed help with the rabbitโ€ฆ they gave him to her with all his stuff and did not want him back. I said we could foster himโ€ฆ.that was almost a year ago. He has now since been neutered, is free roaming in the house (he uses a litter box), and plays with Pancho and Seymour the cat. I guess weโ€™re keeping him.View attachment 36047
Seriously cute bunny
Thank goodness for your daughter!

OP
D

Deleted member 42416

Bunnies are so sweet!

Well, I wanted to keep up a military rank theme (Norrieโ€™s official name is Commodore Norrington) so hence Colonel. My daughter thought he looked like a โ€œGusโ€โ€ฆ and so that is how his name came to be. โ€œColonel Gustardโ€. Gus Gus is his daily name to differentiate him from a garden rat named โ€œGusโ€ that frequents my sister-in-lawโ€™s bird feeder ๐Ÿ˜„

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 42416

Yes, I practically have an indoor petting zoo. But I recently saw an interview with THE ARNOLD and he has a miniature donkey named Lulu running through his house (as an aside, Iโ€™m now a bigger fan than everโ€ฆ.Terminator gets up at 5:30AM every day to personally feed his animals. )

Also, my house looks nothing like those hoarder houses on those reality shows. I watch an episode every now and then just to make sure. We use dilute bleach and alcohol/vinegar spray like itโ€™s goinโ€™ outa style. And if Pancho (chihuahua) makes a little โ€œboom-boomโ€ accident in the houseโ€ฆwell, thatโ€™s what the kids are for. ๐Ÿ˜

So, hereโ€™s the most handsome cat in the whole world: Seymour. His hobbies are sleeping, stalking Pancho, getting chased by Gus Gus the rabbit and then avoiding rabbit when he gets rabbit head-butted, shredding paper towels, unrolling toilet paper, slamming cabinet doors at 2 AM, and sleeping.

A09193A1-71D2-4C15-87C8-F776B5F9343C.jpeg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie

Most Reactions