against all odds...

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
CUTE little babies!!!! Shredded, IF you were closer. I'll be over there ALL the time helping you handfeed babies....lol.....I love it when they're so young, like I've said before the time they annoy me is during fledging time, they fly everywhere when you try to feed them, imagine me chasing after several babies with a syringe full of food....lol...

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Those were very nice photos!

As for the feather, do you have a cat by any chance? Mine has been taking any of Pete's feathers that land on the floor and putting them next to her food dish. At first I was like, huh, that got all the way over there? We are talking like another room and 50 feet from his cage. Well, they kept showing up over and over, so the cat is definitely collecting them herself.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
OMG !!!! I can take great care of them until your hand heals and feels better ....REALLY .....it's the least I can do for you , so just wrap them up and I will be right there....ok ? OK !!!

I'VE GOT TO HAVE ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:17:

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
CUTE little babies!!!! Shredded, IF you were closer. I'll be over there ALL the time helping you handfeed babies....lol.....I love it when they're so young, like I've said before the time they annoy me is during fledging time, they fly everywhere when you try to feed them, imagine me chasing after several babies with a syringe full of food....lol...

We would have to fight it out MickeyTN , I"M feeding the Goffins !!!!!!
:p

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Thank you for the bottom of my heart for sending the pictures of the Goffins !!!:D
I know your hurt and i didnt want to ask again , you are very sweet for doing that.
Mini Moe is going to pull through , he is looking better and better. BECAUSE OF YOU !
He wouldnt have had a chance without you and your dedication and knowledge. I know this was said before , but it needs saying again.

BTW , if you find someone playing with the Goffins , its just me ;)

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
Awww, this was a lovely story. Very very cute baby and the umbilicus healed so nicely. This little bird was lucky to have been in your hands, cant wait to see little fledgeling pics!

OP
ShreddedOakAviary

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
M2's, U2's, G2's, RB2's, VOS, RLA's, BFA's, DYHA's, Dusky Pionus, Blue and Green Quakers, Meyers Parrots, VOS, GW Macaw's, Harlequin Macaws, Tiels, YNA, TAG's, CAG's, Blue Crown Conures, Red sided Ecl
I wish you guys were closer.... no one else ever visits (I think they fear I'll put them to work). Of course I probably would :D

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Would love to visit your aviary someday ShreddedOak, I'm so happy that Mini Moe is pulling through and doing so well, please keep us updated!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
If I were closer, I'd come help. You'd have to teach me as I don't know much about feeding babies, but I sure could help with cleaning cages and what not.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
That third photo (of open mouthed Goffin) is one of my favorite photos of all time! Now, that's a Kodak moment!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
I really need to hold that one :)

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
I have to take it back, about them being the ugly. They are but, I said it at the risk of being banned! I have actually raised sparrows that were either thrown or fallen out of their nest and I was in love with them from the moment I picked them up. Some of them had very little feathers, some were fully feathered. The point is, you can't help but love them and take care of them.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.

We would have to fight it out MickeyTN , I"M feeding the Goffins !!!!!!
:p

No need to fight!!! You can have the Goffins while I do the rest! :p

OP
ShreddedOakAviary

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
M2's, U2's, G2's, RB2's, VOS, RLA's, BFA's, DYHA's, Dusky Pionus, Blue and Green Quakers, Meyers Parrots, VOS, GW Macaw's, Harlequin Macaws, Tiels, YNA, TAG's, CAG's, Blue Crown Conures, Red sided Ecl
So it's settled... you guys take care of stuff, and I'm going on vacation :D

OP
ShreddedOakAviary

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
Due to Mini Moe's alarmingly slow growth rate I decided it was best to give him to someone with better natural baby raising skill than myself.... I put him in the Goffin cockatoos nest. They took him like he was there own, and will now not let me anywhere near him... I imagine they looked at him and said to themselves "stupid humans think they can do such a good job, but look at this poor messed up Umbrella baby, I guess we should show her up and feed the little guy right." So, I won't have many updates until I pull the goffin baby and his new adopted brother from the nest in a few weeks. I felt bab burdening the goffins, but one of there eggs never hatched, and I feel Mini Moe's chances are substantially better if he is parent fed for a while. I'll keep a close watch (as they allow it) mainly to be sure I haven't strained them with a larger species baby... though Mini Moe is not much bigger than their goffin baby, even though he's older. I felt this was the best thing to do, as nothing us humans can do ever compares to how big and healthy parent fed babies are.

Tikazoo

Nov 17, 2011
Parrots
Orange Wing Amazon
Wow... totally amazing. It will be fun to watch him continue to survive against the odds. Post pics when you can, what an amazing journey for both of you.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
What a awesome idea ! And how wonderful they accepted him !
I could imagine the looks on the parent Goffin's faces when they first saw the U2 in the nest with their baby , lololol. Oh how cute they must look in the nest together ! I cant wait to see future pictures of them..You just gotta love the Goffins :) Just makes me want to go and hug my baby boy :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I did that once with a kitten. I don't know why, but his momma didn't want him and kept abandoning him in different places in my yard. Thankfully I kept finding him. But, I'd put him back and she would take him away again and leave him even though she took care of her other kittens. So I put him in a different litter and that mom took him in like he was one of hers and raised him.

OP
ShreddedOakAviary

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
He looks so happy under his new mom and dad :) I'm very proud of this goffin pair, it's their very first clutch (my newest pair), and they acted like feeding the little guy and keeping him warm was just as natural as their own baby goffin. Of course these are their first babies, so maybe I got lucky simply because they don't know any different :)

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
No , Goffins are just special :)

Most Reactions