Aggressive 2 year old green cheek

KAYREX

Dec 10, 2013
So I just received my early Christmas present! We rescued a green cheek from a family that said he was hormonal and cranky. The bird hated both of us when we want to go see him, but reluctantly stepped up near the end. I couldn't say no! I've wanted a conure for years and my bf finally said ok!

Tucker and I have a really good relationship and its only been three days now. However, he hates my bf. Whenever he gets close Tucker spreads his tail feathers, puffs up, and miss his head from side to side. And of course draws blood. But the second I get in the middle he wouldn't dream of biting me... Unfortunately I work full time and it's my bf who works from home, so he has to spend the most time with him. He can't even get him out I the cage. Even with his hand covered. Tucker will only go to him if I hand him over. My bf is understandably a little uneasy with him now. And I don want either of them to get hurt. Does any one have any advice on what I can do? I've offered to let tucker play on his playground while my bf works at his desk, but he doesn't think that will help... Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Kristen, Paul, and Tucker.

Captsteve

Jul 17, 2013
Crestview Fl.
Parrots
Goffin Too, U2, Scarlet Mac, B&G Mac, DYH Zon, CAG and a
Birdbrained Wife!
I would say, have your boyfriend keep his hands out of the cage! It will take some time for the bird to settle in. could be as long as months.

He can expedite matters by having the cage near him while he is working and talking quietly to the bird and giving him occasional treats.

It just takes time and lots of it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts