Pawpaw's Diary

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Hi PawPaw! My name is Salty, I am a Yellow SHoulder Amazon. There ain't many of us left on the small island where I am from, so the ol' man has to take special care of me! He thinks I am smart, but he doesn't know I am really smart. He has me doing stupid tricks at night, but when he is asleep, I take his car keys and go to the bird store, break in and steal treats! Shh, don't tell anyone!
Hi Salty! Nice to meet you! I like your yellow and green colour! It so nice that you are also come from a island. I think you are far more clever that your human thinks, you can even drive the car! Amazing! Maybe, you can leave a toy or something else as the payment next time? But sure, I will keep your secret, not telling anybody.

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Hi Paw paw.
I am actually the only human on this site because my birds are still learning to type.

But here Primor wrote you a secret message:
bpahto;jol;sekl;tgjklshvbo?

I think he wants to know why the vet said your human can't play with you for a week?
Hi! Nice to meet you, human friend! Please gives my regard to your birds!
I had traveled a long journey, and the vet said I am in stress response and stomach bleeding, so need to rest without interupt. But I think I am alright, and I want to play with my human friend! I am going to the vet again tomorrow, and I hope my friend is allowed to play with me after visiting!

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
I would like to write more of my story. Although I have only arrived my new home two weeks, but I find I have already had many to write. But its too late today and I am going to the vet tomorrow, so let me keep on writing when I have time afterwards. By the way, I hope my human friend is allowed to play with me after visiting! I love to play with her!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Hi pawpaw! You are super pretty! you are like a… um…. Oh! You look like a mango and a sun! It seems you have found a lovely home and an even better human. Is your human a pet or a servant? Also what’s it like in China? Our human slave told us it’s a HUGE country in Asia. What is your favorite snack? What’s your favorite toy? Do you like to steal food from your human?

Allow us to introduce ourselves!

I am Rico, but formally called Ricochet as that is my full name. I am a whiteface cockatiel and I am so nice that I taste test my hooman’s food before she can even get a bite. I like to shred paper and egg cartons, I like to eat seeds, spinach, eggs, hooman’s food, and nutriberries. My stupid human gives me pellets every day and only some seeds. Ugh.

B2E484D8-9083-4991-AF9B-FF0B3AC7A83B.jpeg

My name is Cricket, I am a lutino budgie. I am very tiny and I don’t really like hands but I do love swings! I enjoy slamming my toys around and screeching. My dumb human calls me ‘girlie pop’ and ‘cornbread cricket’. I love seeds. LOVE them! So yummy… RICO! HEY!! SAVE SOME FOR ME!!!!

33638018-B28A-4FAC-A0B8-1F89C49B00FD.jpeg

And this is our human slave. She’s… weird. She’s chill because food, scritches, and out of the cage time, but if she didn’t give such things, we woulda kicked her to the curb looooong ago. Say hi, featherless peasant.

Hi, I’m being held hostage by my birds, and no one believes me.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hi pawpaw! You are super pretty! you are like a… um…. Oh! You look like a mango and a sun! It seems you have found a lovely home and an even better human. Is your human a pet or a servant? Also what’s it like in China? Our human slave told us it’s a HUGE country in Asia. What is your favorite snack? What’s your favorite toy? Do you like to steal food from your human?

I am Rico, but formally called Ricochet as that is my full name. I am a whiteface cockatiel and I am so nice that I taste test my hooman’s food before she can even get a bite. I like to shred paper and egg cartons, I like to eat seeds, spinach, eggs, hooman’s food, and nutriberries. My stupid human gives me pellets every day and only some seeds. Ugh.

View attachment 52225

My name is Cricket, I am a lutino budgie. I am very tiny and I don’t really like hands but I do love swings! I enjoy slamming my toys around and screeching. My dumb human calls me ‘girlie pop’ and ‘cornbread cricket’. I love seeds. LOVE them! So yummy… RICO! HEY!! SAVE SOME FOR ME!!!!

View attachment 52224

And this is our human slave. She’s… weird. She’s chill because food, scritches, and out of the cage time, but if she didn’t give such things, we woulda kicked her to the curb looooong ago. Say hi, featherless peasant.

Our birds hold ALL of us hostage!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I would like to write more of my story. Although I have only arrived my new home two weeks, but I find I have already had many to write. But its too late today and I am going to the vet tomorrow, so let me keep on writing when I have time afterwards. By the way, I hope my human friend is allowed to play with me after visiting! I love to play with her!
Hi Pawpaw! How did your visit to the bird doctor go? Is your stomach better now? I hope so because you need to get out of your cage and play with your human. She waited a long time to finally be able to adopt you and she loves you very much!
Rocky, Beau & DonnaBudgie

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Went to vet today with my mom! (I was thinking that she is my human friend, however, the vet and her friends all calling her as my mom......alright, I think she deserve that) It was very boring during the way to the vet, but finally the vet allowed her to play with me!! Finally!!! She took me to her friends this afternoon and we play happily together. I also tried to stand on their heads, interesting too! I am so happy alright now. Maybe the only sad thing today is I cann't eat seeds alright now because I am still a little bit stomach bleeding. But I like nourishing pills too(especially the one that she gives me, its much better than the one in my previous home), so its alright.
I want to write more about my previous life but my mom is calling me to sleep. Ok, bye

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure

View attachment 52225

View attachment 52224

Hi Rico and Cricket! Nice to meet you! Rico, your colour is black and white, so cool and special! Cricket, I really love your yellow colour, I wish I could also be that yellow.
Yes, I think I have found a lovely home, and for my human.....emmm..... I was thinking that she is my human friend, however, the vet and her friends all calling her as my mom......alright, I think she deserves that. China is a large country and I travelled from the southest provenice to the north! Its really cool to travelled by the plane, you can fly so high without using your wings, but it's horrible at the same time. I think China is a beautiful and nice country (although very hot in Beijing right now) and welcome to visit here! What's like in your country?
I quite like nourishing pills, but my human also try to give me some strange things at the same time. She calls those "fruits" and said parrot loves them. But I think they are strange so I haven't try them yet. Have you try fruits? Do they taste good? My human normally gives me enough food so I don't steal it from her. Have you guys try that?
It's so nice that you have tried many different food. I have stomach bleeding still so I am not allowed to eat seeds until next mouth. I will definately try some as you both love them, it must be delicious.

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Hi Pawpaw! How did your visit to the bird doctor go? Is your stomach better now? I hope so because you need to get out of your cage and play with your human. She waited a long time to finally be able to adopt you and she loves you very much!
Rocky, Beau & DonnaBudgie
Hi! Thank you for your caring. I have visited the bird doctor today. I still have a little bit stomach bleeding now but the doctor says its alright, so I do not need to drink drugs anymore! And, most importantly, my human are allowed to play with me now! I am so happy! I haven't know that she had wait a long time,sure I will give her one more kiss tonight. I love her very much, too.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Hi Rico and Cricket! Nice to meet you! Rico, your colour is black and white, so cool and special! Cricket, I really love your yellow colour, I wish I could also be that yellow.
Yes, I think I have found a lovely home, and for my human.....emmm..... I was thinking that she is my human friend, however, the vet and her friends all calling her as my mom......alright, I think she deserves that. China is a large country and I travelled from the southest provenice to the north! Its really cool to travelled by the plane, you can fly so high without using your wings, but it's horrible at the same time. I think China is a beautiful and nice country (although very hot in Beijing right now) and welcome to visit here! What's like in your country?
I quite like nourishing pills, but my human also try to give me some strange things at the same time. She calls those "fruits" and said parrot loves them. But I think they are strange so I haven't try them yet. Have you try fruits? Do they taste good? My human normally gives me enough food so I don't steal it from her. Have you guys try that?
It's so nice that you have tried many different food. I have stomach bleeding still so I am not allowed to eat seeds until next mouth. I will definately try some as you both love them, it must be delicious.

Thank you! Not to brag or anything, but my human slave servant thing…. Says I’m the rarest color mutation of my species! I take pride in that. There ain’t a lot of whitefaced tiels like me!

Thank you pawps! I know you’ll be as yellow as me one day! Sun conures are always so yellow and orange! Like miniature phoenixes!

Your hooman is a parental figure and a friend? To us our hooman is… well, a servant. To me, Rico, she’s a flockmate though.

YOU FLEW WITHOUT USING YOUR WINGS?! What was it like? What alien tech was that? Is a plane those evil metal birds that are so loud?

China sounds nice! Maybe our servant should take us there one day! wait what? What do you mean you don’t speak any Chinese? God, hooman you never let me do what I want!

In our country, there are 50 sections of the land called ‘states’. We live far up north between Russia and Canada in a state called Alaska. Our human describes it as a “scorching hell” and a “snowy hell”. It’s hot for 3.5 months, cold for 2.5, then snowy for 6 months. We have many wild animals that often visit. Our hooman tried befriending each and every one. Her favorites are the moose that often approach her window. She often complains to herself about shipping prices for 7/10 things on websites that buy and sell things like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and pet stores in the area.

Nourishing pills? What are those? Is it like the vitamins our hooman puts in our water during stressful events? Can we eat some?

I, the big mighty Rico, have eaten fruits, but most are scary. I like apples when they are red and cut in cubes, bananas but only mashed up, and something else… OH! Oranges! Although, I like the peel rather than the orange itself. I prefer veggies.

our human gives us more food than we can eat in a day, but her food tastes the best according to Rico. He describes her food as “salty” “succulent” and “delicious”.

Your stomach is bleeding? What happened? Also, NOO SEEDS?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
IMG_1646.jpeg

Welcome to the forum pawpaw. I’m Nico, and I love almonds. I will do anything for almonds. Almonds are the answer to everything.
IMG_1579.jpeg

Welcome to the forum. I’m Charlie a sun conure. I’m tiny for a sun conure. My owners suspect that I may be a crossbreed as I have white feathers in places, and white tipped flight, and tail feathers.
IMG_1473.jpeg

Welcome to the forum. I’m Kiwi a Jenday conure. I cuddle with anything I can snuggle into. Sunflower seeds are my favorite treat. I am very smart, and can do many different tricks. I pick up on things very fast, and challenge my owners.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
View attachment 52307
Welcome to the forum pawpaw. I’m Nico, and I love almonds. I will do anything for almonds. Almonds are the answer to everything.
View attachment 52308
Welcome to the forum. I’m Charlie a sun conure. I’m tiny for a sun conure. My owners suspect that I may be a crossbreed as I have white feathers in places, and white tipped flight, and tail feathers.View attachment 52309
Welcome to the forum. I’m Kiwi a Jenday conure. I cuddle with anything I can snuggle into. Sunflower seeds are my favorite treat. I am very smart, and can do many different tricks. I pick up on things very fast, and challenge my owners.
Hi Pawpaw! Rocky here! I just read that the Pawpaw tree is native to North America where I live! If you come visit me I'll get some fresh Pawpaw fruit for you tro enjoy! How are you liking your new home? I hope your stomach is better.

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Thank you! Not to brag or anything, but my human slave servant thing…. Says I’m the rarest color mutation of my species! I take pride in that. There ain’t a lot of whitefaced tiels like me!

Thank you pawps! I know you’ll be as yellow as me one day! Sun conures are always so yellow and orange! Like miniature phoenixes!

Your hooman is a parental figure and a friend? To us our hooman is… well, a servant. To me, Rico, she’s a flockmate though.

YOU FLEW WITHOUT USING YOUR WINGS?! What was it like? What alien tech was that? Is a plane those evil metal birds that are so loud?

China sounds nice! Maybe our servant should take us there one day! wait what? What do you mean you don’t speak any Chinese? God, hooman you never let me do what I want!

In our country, there are 50 sections of the land called ‘states’. We live far up north between Russia and Canada in a state called Alaska. Our human describes it as a “scorching hell” and a “snowy hell”. It’s hot for 3.5 months, cold for 2.5, then snowy for 6 months. We have many wild animals that often visit. Our hooman tried befriending each and every one. Her favorites are the moose that often approach her window. She often complains to herself about shipping prices for 7/10 things on websites that buy and sell things like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and pet stores in the area.

Nourishing pills? What are those? Is it like the vitamins our hooman puts in our water during stressful events? Can we eat some?

I, the big mighty Rico, have eaten fruits, but most are scary. I like apples when they are red and cut in cubes, bananas but only mashed up, and something else… OH! Oranges! Although, I like the peel rather than the orange itself. I prefer veggies.

our human gives us more food than we can eat in a day, but her food tastes the best according to Rico. He describes her food as “salty” “succulent” and “delicious”.

Your stomach is bleeding? What happened? Also, NOO SEEDS?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
WOW! SNOW! I was born in tropical areas so I never see snow before! Is that nice?
I am sorry that I may use the wrong word, when I said nourishing pills I was meaning the pelleted food. They are quite nice! My human said it contains different kinds of nutrients, maybe you can also try some.
I haven't eaten seeds because I was stomach bleeding due to the "stress reponse" during the journey. But now I think I am already recovered. I think I can will try some seeds next week

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
View attachment 52307
View attachment 52308
Welcome to the forum. I’m Charlie a sun conure. I’m tiny for a sun conure. My owners suspect that I may be a crossbreed as I have white feathers in places, and white tipped flight, and tail feathers.View attachment 52309
Hello! Nice to meet you!
Nico you seems much bigger than me! How does it feel to be a big parrot? Don't worry, I won't steal your almonds away.
Charlie! You are the first sun conure that I have seen in this forum! You are so beautiful, I hope I can hace so many orange colour like you when I grow up. Can we make friends?
Kiwi, I think we look quiet similar! It's nice that you are smart, my human sometimes says I am silly But I don't agree with her!

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Hi Pawpaw! Rocky here! I just read that the Pawpaw tree is native to North America where I live! If you come visit me I'll get some fresh Pawpaw fruit for you tro enjoy! How are you liking your new home? I hope your stomach is better.
WOW! You are so nice! Thank you! I will definetely go here in the future! I quite like my new home and my humans! Now we play together happily. My human also brought me new toys. I especially like the scooter. Have you try that before?
My stomach is much better now. I think I can try some seeds next week!

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Hi! Sorry I haven't reply timely because my last week was so cool! My human took me to a bird cafe and I saw lots of parrot here! I also make a new friend, she is a baby green cheek conure. We stayed together and played together. But sometimes she wanted to bite my feather (or taste it ? I don't know). I don't know why, but it was still nice to stay with her. I also met other parrots, but we were all nervous to each other so we haven't chat. Maybe next time?
1689048246216.jpeg

1689048284892.jpeg

1689048296240.jpeg

1689048317983.jpeg

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Another important thing that need to be mentioned last week was my first day of going out! I have traveled before many times, but those journey was all inside a cage. However, last week I first went out with my human and stand on her hand! (She wanted me to stand on her hand but actually I prefer her shoulder)We visited a bubble tea shop and their budgies. Then we walked around our community. It was nice being out and close to nature, but I felt nervous at the same time.
1689050912488.jpeg

I am a cyclist!

1689050980849.jpeg

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Now I have recovered so I can play with my human friend! We played lots of game together, and the scrooter is SO interesting! Sadly she stays at school for the most of the time except weekands, and once she got home, she still got lots of things to do. So although I am already a healthy bird, we still can not play together for a long time. Lucky her mom is also nice to me. She doesn't play game with me, but she likes petting me like her daughter. That's nice, isn't it?
But sometimes she is strange. She was afraid to touch me at first, but soon she petting me everyday, and greets to me every morning! I thinks this might mean she likes me, but last week, when she phoned someone else, I heard she said that she accept me only because her daughter wanted a sun conure, and she thought this could comfort her depressed daughter. Herself actually didn't want a pet because she thought pet are messy.
I can't believe it! I think there are something wrong. Maybe she is making mistakes. Human making mistakes to, do they? I think she loves me like her daughter! And her daughter, my human is not depressed. I only heard that big parrots may get depressed, such as African grey. But I haven't meet them before. Human? They seems to own everything, why are they depressed too?
By the way, the human society are quite strange too! I am not three month old yet but I am already leaved my parents and live independently. But my human is already 19, why she still lives with her mom? Will her mom send her away? Who shall I follow?
I got so many questions, but still had a nice sleep. It's comforting that her mom still greets to me next morning. Let me feed myself first and leave those questions to future.

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
HI PawPaw! It is nice of your human slave to take you outside, with no cage. But, I also see that she is using a leg chain when you are outside. I know this is very common practice in Asia and China especially, BUT leg chains are OK for raptor type birds - eagles, owl, falcon, and others. Parrot legs are not as sturdy and strong as raptor legs. Leg chains on parrot legs are likely to cause damage to the leg is you suddenly try to fly away or fall off your humans bicycle. Any sudden jerk on the chain can snap your leg very easily. A much, much better restraint is a parrot harness. The best design and materials are with an AVIATOR Harness. It will take a while for you to get used to putting it on, taking it off and to relax enough so you don't spend your outside time trying to chew through the harness material. But it is 1,000% better then a leg chain. Learning to use a parrot harness can take a lot of work for you and your human slave - it took my Daddy a whole year, practicing every day for a year before I was very comfortable with my harness, but now I get to go outside every chance my human gets and I feel really safe with it on.

The Aviator Harness

是很常见的做法,尤其是,但腿链对于猛禽类鸟类(老鹰、猫头鹰、猎鹰等)来说是可以的。 鹦鹉的腿不像猛禽的腿那样粗壮有力。 如果您突然试图飞走或从人类自行车上掉下来,鹦鹉腿上的腿链可能会对腿造成伤害。 链条上的任何突然猛拉都可能很容易折断您的腿。 鹦鹉吊带是一种更好的约束装置。 最好的设计和材料是飞行员背带。 您需要一段时间才能习惯穿上、脱下并充分放松,这样您就不会在户外花费时间去咀嚼安全带材料。 但它比腿链好 1,000%。 学习使用鹦鹉背带对你和你的人类奴隶来说可能需要做很多工作——我爸爸花了整整一年的时间,每天练习一年,才让我对我的背带感到非常舒服,但现在我每天都可以出去走走。 我的人类得到了机会,戴上它我感到非常安全。

Most Reactions