onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Ruby I hope your vet visit was ok! How boring! I’ve been to the vet a couple times before. I like seeing all the people there but when I tell them to let me step up they ignore me!! Why don’t they come get me when I say “step up!”? They aren’t as well trained as mommy.

- Ona

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Hello Ruby, I was minding my own business on moms knee and then had to go inside my cage too. I was not happy! But all is well now she came to her senses and I’m now outside in my biiiig cage. I’m still kinda mad at her.

Attachments

• IMG_4852.jpeg
    IMG_4852.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 10

widor

Aug 23, 2021
Media
Hungary
Parrots
2 Green Check Conures,2 linolated parakeets- RIP, 2 kakariki
Hello Ruby, good to know a fellow bird from the "neighbours", here in Hungary it is extreme hot at the moment and our owners are doing some called"renovation" - they are making walls dissappear -they seems to be ok with it now but when we tried to chew the wall earlier that was naughty ...oh well, not fair at all.Hoomans-:rolleyes: So we do not have too much time outside the cage right know. Quite boring I can say. My brother is so afraid of the noises so need to keep an eye on him...
Take care - Zeki the conure
By the way, our owners love your country especially Bohinj;), truly beautiful.

OP
Fluffonia

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
Ruby I hope your vet visit was ok! How boring! I’ve been to the vet a couple times before. I like seeing all the people there but when I tell them to let me step up they ignore me!! Why don’t they come get me when I say “step up!”? They aren’t as well trained as mommy.

- Ona
Same for me!!’

OP
Fluffonia

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hello Ruby, good to know a fellow bird from the "neighbours", here in Hungary it is extreme hot at the moment and our owners are doing some called"renovation" - they are making walls dissappear -they seems to be ok with it now but when we tried to chew the wall earlier that was naughty ...oh well, not fair at all.Hoomans-:rolleyes: So we do not have too much time outside the cage right know. Quite boring I can say. My brother is so afraid of the noises so need to keep an eye on him...
Take care - Zeki the conure
By the way, our owners love your country especially Bohinj;), truly beautiful.
Hi! Good to know you too! It’s raining today in Ljubljana, so it’s not that hot. I’ve never been to Hungary but I guess it’s very beautiful! Thanks, I think it’s beautiful here too!

OP
Fluffonia

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hi everyone! Today it’s raining outside so I can’t go outside for my morning ‘walk’! :( How are you guys doing? Right now I just figured out how to undo the lid on my treat box and am happily eating th- Hey!!! Stop. Right. There. Go away! Oh, okay I’m back. So my mum was very angry for some God knows why reasons. She’s not trained very well in letting-me-eat-the-treat-I-deserve-this trick so I have to go train her. Bye! (Looooove replies!) ;)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hi everyone! Today it’s raining outside so I can’t go outside for my morning ‘walk’! :( How are you guys doing? Right now I just figured out how to undo the lid on my treat box and am happily eating th- Hey!!! Stop. Right. There. Go away! Oh, okay I’m back. So my mum was very angry for some God knows why reasons. She’s not trained very well in letting-me-eat-the-treat-I-deserve-this trick so I have to go train her. Bye! (Looooove replies!) ;)
Hello Ruby, it's Peach the princess parrot here! Lovejoy is in bed so I get to talk to you tonight :) You're so smart to have worked out how to get into your treat box, your mum should be proud of how smart you are instead of being angry with you! I have learned how to keep an eye on my mum, and the moment her back is turned I sneak into Lovejoy's cage and eat his sweet sweet lorikeet food!! Wet mix or dry powder, I don't care how it comes, I LOOOOOVE to eat it, and I gulp as much as I can until my mum catches me, which sadly is usually after a mouthful or two. She gets a bit cranky with me too, but that lorikeet food is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good that it's worth it!! ;)

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure

Hi Ruby! Wow, I can't believe your mom was upset with you for getting YOUR treats! I mean they are for you, aren't they? And learning how to open the box means you deserve it! I like to steal Mom's food all the time. Especially pizza and her oatmeal, mmmm. Sometimes she doesn't share and I get so mad!

- Ona

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Oh, hi Lovejoy! Nice to meet you! I think your the most handsome too! I really like the others too! Oooooooh! Cousins! Are there many? I have never seen another ekkie in my life except my sis. Life in Slovenia is good! I live in the capital, called Ljubljana. The summer is not too hot, and I never knew about winter, I was born on March 14th 2023. I loooooove new friends!!! My mom and dad had went to North Queensland and they said that they were amazed by ekkies so that’s why they had me!
Hi Lovejoy! I'm a fellow Aussie bird but I live in Maine in the US! My name is Rocky and I'm half English half normal type Budgie! My mom and dad raised me from an egg so I'm real close to them. You are so pretty with all those bright colored feathers- I love bright colors!
Hello to you, too, Ruby! Wow! I've never met a bird that's so RED! You're a lucky girl to be so pretty. Our weather here in Maine sounds a lot like Slovenia.
My favorite food is SkinnyPop popcorn and I recently tasted popsicles- wow are they cold, but it feels good on my beak and taste GOOD but Dad only lets me take a couple bites. He says "not for budgies!" When is he going to learn that EVERYTHING is MINE!
Wanna know a secret? That pretty girl Ona is a genius- she knows her COLORS! And Salty- he's super smart too- definitely smarter than his human slave. You go, Salty- bite those fingers when they touch you stuff. You must teach him.
IMG_20230531_111922840.jpg

OP
Fluffonia

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hi Lovejoy! I'm a fellow Aussie bird but I live in Maine in the US! My name is Rocky and I'm half English half normal type Budgie! My mom and dad raised me from an egg so I'm real close to them. You are so pretty with all those bright colored feathers- I love bright colors!
Hello to you, too, Ruby! Wow! I've never met a bird that's so RED! You're a lucky girl to be so pretty. Our weather here in Maine sounds a lot like Slovenia.
My favorite food is SkinnyPop popcorn and I recently tasted popsicles- wow are they cold, but it feels good on my beak and taste GOOD but Dad only lets me take a couple bites. He says "not for budgies!" When is he going to learn that EVERYTHING is MINE!
Wanna know a secret? That pretty girl Ona is a genius- she knows her COLORS! And Salty- he's super smart too- definitely smarter than his human slave. You go, Salty- bite those fingers when they touch you stuff. You must teach him.View attachment 53809
Agreed! Now we’re friends! Yay! Thanks! Red is my fav colour! Ona is a genius! Salty too! You’re handsome! I tried popsicles too! But I think it’s too cold.

OP
Fluffonia

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hi everyone! Today was the first time I get to see my mum make chop! I was so excited that I was ‘ getting in the way’ says my mum. I tasted everything to check it was safe. A pic of when the chop was done, it was super good! :
IMG_1135.jpeg
IMG_1133.jpeg
This was me when my mum was washing my FOOD:
IMG_1134.jpeg

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hi everyone! Today was the first time I get to see my mum make chop! I was so excited that I was ‘ getting in the way’ says my mum. I tasted everything to check it was safe. A pic of when the chop was done, it was super good! : View attachment 53810View attachment 53811This was me when my mum was washing my FOOD:View attachment 53813
I see that you realize you must supervise! It's YOUR food, after all, you have to make sure she does it right! It looks yummy! What are those reddish things floating in the sink to the lower left? What else does she put in it? I'm going to tell my mom so she can make it for me. She makes a great chop but anything can be improved on, right?
I like your black beak and purple scarf. Very stylish! Maybe I can get one.
Rocky

OP
Fluffonia

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
I see that you realize you must supervise! It's YOUR food, after all, you have to make sure she does it right! It looks yummy! What are those reddish things floating in the sink to the lower left? What else does she put in it? I'm going to tell my mom so she can make it for me. She makes a great chop but anything can be improved on, right?
I like your black beak and purple scarf. Very stylish! Maybe I can get one.
Rocky
Oh, the reddish things are radish. I think she putted Quinoa, pasta, bulgur, long grain rice and some Vigna radiata. Yeah, you should get one! ( the scarf and beak)

ThatCatAgain

Aug 16, 2023
Algeria
Parrots
Budgies
Hi everyone! My name is Ruby and I just learned how to type! I’ve been at my owner’s home for about three weeks now and I just finished breakfast, and am in my boring cage. So, I thought of making a Diary! So I’m excited to meet everyone and am happy for reply! That means We’r friends! Yay! Friends!
Welcome ruby!! Glad to see you here :] hope you're having a nice day!

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Charlie deh conure here. Chop is yum, though I prefer seeds. Seeds are yum. SO are colored pellets. All of them except the banana shaped ones. Those are gross. They're yellow. I don't like yellow pellets and throw them at the dog.

OP
Fluffonia

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hiiiiiiiiiii everyone! Ummmmm… so I haven’t update anything in a while soooooo I’m updating now! So I got two new playthings. A blue stick and a evil red stick!!! The red stick glares at me like it’s looking into my sole! I like the blue one more. It has no eyes. Me:
IMG_1181.jpeg

Most Reactions

Latest posts