Devastated...

lucy1

Nov 6, 2012
UK
Parrots
Milo - my new baby B&G macaw! Rosie - Orange Wing Amazon & Rupert - Red Lored Amazon
I don't know if its possible to get a bird shipped. I don't know if I would risk it either. I didn't buy from this breeder because I knew I was risking my bird's health, if I was getting a bird shipped from somewhere I would be worried about getting a sick bird. I will do some research though.

I understand. Whenever I had a bird shipped I was familiar with the aviary or breeder's professional reputation.

If I found a good enough breeder I would be fine with a bird being shipped.

I will see if I can find anyone outside the UK who has birds.

I will definitely look in to it.

So sorry this turned out so bad! :(

You can import birds from certain EU countries without quarantine, but remember you are still importing into a new country- it's a very different process to our friends in the States who can get them shipped across the country so easily. Commercial sellers import them in the hundreds, sometimes thousands, but the cost of importing a single bird with correct paperwork to get through customs is prohibitively expensive and unreasonable.

There are plenty of fantastic breeders in the UK, don't be disheartened by this one vile example you found. Where in the UK are you, and how far are you willing to travel?

lucy1

Nov 6, 2012
UK
Parrots
Milo - my new baby B&G macaw! Rosie - Orange Wing Amazon & Rupert - Red Lored Amazon
Im also curious about your comment "it's safe to say that person won't be keeping birds any more" - I'm guessing you've made a complaint somewhere?

Most Reactions

Latest posts