Final Update

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
RIP Constantine: Jenday Conure
I called PetsMart again yesterday hoping that the store manager was finally back from vacation and he was! I told him I'd be making the trip to the store on Friday or Saturday and which would be best for him. There was silence on the other end of the line and he sighed. My stomach dropped as he said my Sun was sold last Monday, the day I had called to talk to the same manager about coming to buy her but he has just left for vacation.

I feel like I've lost a child or something. There's this little empty spot in my heart where that little Sun was. Thankfully, I am not alone in my mourning. My dad is sad as well. He admitted he was rather excited to be having a new bird in our home. I can't dwell too long on having that little bird barely slip through my fingers so today I shall start my search for a new conure. Wish me luck that I can find one who will bond with me such as that little Sun did.

Goodbye Kiiro

Last edited:

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
:( I'm sorry to hear that. That sort of happened with me, so I get the feeling. Fortunately, I was able to meet my Sugar the same day I discovered the Moluccan had been sold and I think that it was all for the best.

Good luck in your search!

suncon97

Jul 31, 2011
Parrots
Pearl-African Grey-Hatched Apr. 28,2011
I got a huge pit in my stomach when I read that.I remember when you first became interested in him and couldn't wait for you to get him.So so sorry to hear:(

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
That really stink...sorry to hear that....it happen to me with a bird I fell in love with after visiting several times a week for over a year. I finally drag my partner into the store to see him and we were both in love with him so my partner was heading to the store to bring him home to surprise me the following week, he was sold.....I was very sad after visiting him for that long....

mnkeastman

Jan 6, 2012
Parrots
Pixie-White Capped Pionus
I am very sorry that happened to you, I could tell how much you loved that baby through your posts.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
It sounds like the pet store only cared about who put up the money first. This bird was not meant for you but did instill a strong desire to get one. It will happen.

OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
Thank you all for the sympathy. I really appreciate it. I'll always remember the little sweetheart but her being sold gives me the chance to buy from a breeder and see first hand how that works. I'm sort of excited to start my search but am not sure I will get a Sun conure now. I'm kind of thinking of a Nanday instead but if a different baby catches my eye, I won't say no or hesitate.

OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
Yeah this was the one that I worked for and where I bought Con. I was told they have a Jenday now if I'm interested. I don't want two of the same species :/

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Awwww , I'm so sorry , that is just terrible !
That store really , really bites !!
But I am glad you are looking towards getting another bird , good for you :)
But if it wasn't for you , that little Sun would never had made it to its new home to begin with. You saved it IMO. So give yourself a pat on the back :)
Now get busy and find yourself a reputable breeder and find your new baby :)

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
I agree with luvmytooo. You saved that angels life. If not for you, they'd have let it die. So, you did a great thing for it. Sometimes we don't get to keep our rescues!:)

OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
Thank you luvmytooo and BillsBirds :) It makes me feel a little better hearing that.

Most Reactions