found out my babys sex today :)

Midori

Oct 11, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
proud mum to baby Alexandrine parrot Midori (Dori), 6 cats - Rosie, Ralphie, Rebel, Rocky, Rahni and Mooska, 2 dogs - Bronson the golden lab and Harley the golden retriever and now 7 mice!
so excited. i got the results of the dna test today, and my instincts were right - Midori is a boy!!! i would have been happy either way, but was kinda hoping for a boy. :) :) :):green2:

Karigan

Jul 3, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Kitoko: Female Senegal Parrot, born 2002
Talia: Female CAG, born 2008
Mateo: Female CAG, born 2008
Haha, I love it. "I don't care the sex as long as it's healthy..." (be a boy, be a boy, be a boy!)

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
I always get boy birds, I guess it's because I don't have to worry about egg binding, and in some species the females are sometimes more agressive.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Congrats Mommy you have a son LoL
Midori suits him
I had Mishka dna'd when he was 3 years old, we thought he was a she
I now have 3 sons, two human and one pretending to be a bird

000203FC.gif

OP
M

Midori

Oct 11, 2012
Parrots
proud mum to baby Alexandrine parrot Midori (Dori), 6 cats - Rosie, Ralphie, Rebel, Rocky, Rahni and Mooska, 2 dogs - Bronson the golden lab and Harley the golden retriever and now 7 mice!
males now rule the roost in this household. mmmm going to have to do something about that......

OP
M

Midori

Oct 11, 2012
Parrots
ty everyone. i am pretty stoked hes a boy. but luckily the girls in this breed are gorgeous too, so i would have been happy with a girl. i wanted a quiet bird, and i fell in love with a male alex in a local petshop, who never screeched, just chatted to me quietly so i secretly hoped that my baby would be alot like Woody. i think i have him :) midori just loves to sit on me all day (good thing i am addicted to the computer!) and give me kisses now and then. cats arent happy though.....

Most Reactions