Goffins: Loki official thread

OP
psychocircus91
Apr 3, 2013
MD, USA
Decided Loki's first cage needed a little redecorating
ng22io.jpg

(The rescue has about 50 of these not being used in the back because parrots constantly come in these small cages, otherwise I would have donated).

OP
psychocircus91
Apr 3, 2013
MD, USA
Still at it. Loki likes attention from both of us. He likes scratches and treats from both of us. He still backs away when trying to get him to step up, but he is doing well and the trust continues to build!

168a3xs.jpg

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel
I have thoroughly enjoyed the (quirks!) thread, updates and so glad Loki is settling in nicely in his now palace!!

OP
psychocircus91
Apr 3, 2013
MD, USA
I have thoroughly enjoyed the (quirks!) thread, updates and so glad Loki is settling in nicely in his now palace!!

Thanks! We still have a ways to go, but are very pleased. Right now he's in his "one bedroom apartment," but the palace is to come! Of course he has a lot of time out of the cage!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Sometimes the best redecorating is destruction and recycling!

Glad to see you are both working with Loki. They are very capable of bonding with multiple people, none of that "one bird" irritation!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my eyes LOVE Loki:)
We took old cages that couldn't be used and took them apart. After disinfecting, we use them as drying trays for dyeing wood. It sure helped since we usually dry 200+ pieces of wood at a time.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Great progress, Don! Feeling comfortable sharing a sound byte from an earlier home.

Goffins are so beautiful, their heads remind me of baby dolphins!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Nirvana, Don! Perhaps Flower and Kalani will learn to share a stand, with Loki acting as Ninja, watching from a close distance.

There may be hope for Flower and Loki developing a friendship. My late M2 "Big Bird" was a great friend to the Goffins, often engaged in mutual groom-fests.

BirdGeeks

Mar 26, 2018
Media
U.S
Parrots
Pita (Goffins Cockatoo) Misha, Cass and Sammy,Crowley and Ruby(Budgies),Tango the Mango(Sun Conure)
I was wondering where you bought Loki's cage? It might have been mentioned but I didnt see it.

300z

Apr 23, 2018
after looking at all the toys you got for your bird, it may be time for me to head down to pet smart

Attachments

• spike 03.jpg
    spike 03.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 80

Most Reactions

Latest posts