groom my parrot's nails and feathers

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
There is no reason to trim feathers as they natural molt out with time. Remember that wings are driven by their largest muscles and flying keeps their muscles working, as a result their heart and air sacks (lungs),remain healthy, which is very important for their long and healthy life.

Trimming nails, in my opinion, is best done by your Avail Medial Professional as if something goes wrong, they know what to do!! And better, how to prevent something from going wrong.

OP
G

Greenfeather

Jan 12, 2016
South Florida
Parrots
One Panama Amazon
There is no reason to trim feathers as they natural molt out with time. Remember that wings are driven by their largest muscles and flying keeps their muscles working, as a result their heart and air sacks (lungs),remain healthy, which is very important for their long and healthy life.

Trimming nails, in my opinion, is best done by your Avail Medial Professional as if something goes wrong, they know what to do!! And better, how to prevent something from going wrong.
thank you for your reply. I am new to this area and am looking for an avian medical professional now.

Most Reactions