Hayat is gonna be a mom soon HELP

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I still can't get over the fact that this bird was as good as dead a few months ago! Can you imagine what would have happened if you hadn't seen her in that bag? That fact that you even noticed her in there is lucky/amazing on its own...then add to that the fact that she miraculously survived, healed from all of her extreme neglect/health issues, and now is having baby birds! When you first posted about her (when she had mites etc) I HONESTLY did not think she would make it for 24 hours, let alone progress to the point of leading a full and happy life!!!! YAYYYYY

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Congrats! Is he being fed yet? You should see mom and dad both feeding him within them within the first 12 hours or so of them hatching...Check their crops daily, I usually check twice daily for the first 2 to 3 weeks, once in the morning and once at night before bed to make sure they're all being fed.

I'm assuming you'll want to hand-tame them, which you can easily and safely do without disrupting mom and dad...You want to wait to handle any of the babies until they are at the earliest 2 weeks old, but you must start doing it by the time they are 3 weeks old at the latest, if you wait any longer to start handling them than 3 weeks old they won't take to it as easily...I pull my babies at 2 weeks old to hand-feed them, so at 2 weeks they go in the Brooder, so I'd suggest you start handling them/holding them/petting them/talking to them outside of the nest-box at 2 weeks old, it works well. Spend about 15 minutes with each baby if you can each day, sit in a chair safely and hold them, pet them, talk to them. That's all it takes...Wait until a time when both mom and dad are out of the nest-box and then block-off the entrance with something like a piece of cardboard, then when you're done handling each baby just remove the cardboard and shut the nest-box...

OP
Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
Thank you so much ellen mom and dad are doing a very good job i cant wait untill the others are here i just hope they all make it through the first days!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Congratulations Grandpa you’re doing great!

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
WOW!!! That video is so... just.... WOW!!!

I went back and looked at your original post with the first pictures of poor little Hayat... and at your most recent picture of her... and then that video... I swear it made my eyes tear up... what an incredible and beautiful rescue story. :) Thank you!

THEN
21321d1536398234-found-parakeet-will-she-survive-imag0055.jpg

21322d1536398285-found-parakeet-will-she-survive-imag0058.jpg

NOW
IMAG0101.jpg

squeekmouse-albums-other-stuff-picture20877-babywarrior.jpg

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

I went back and looked at your original post with the first pictures of poor little Hayat... and at your most recent picture of her... and then that video... I swear it made my eyes tear up... what an incredible and beautiful rescue story. :) Thank you!

THEN

NOW
IMAG0101.jpg

OMG I didn't see those "before" pictures! She is amazing! Whatever you did/provided for Hyatt certainly did the trick Amsterdam :eek: You are doing a fantastic job caring for her and her little family! I do hope and pray the rest of the family come thru and thrive. Great job GranPaPa and you too little Hyatt! Please post more info/pictures when you can..this is an amazing story!!!

Jim

OP
Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
Thank you all when i look at the pictures i know she is a warrior she got so far i love her so much hope her babys all will be ok i will not seperate the familly blue her boyfriend gave her some good loving so proud on them both she is so strong and such a good mom i will post a pic of her later!

OP
Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots

THEN

NOW
IMAG0101.jpg

Thank you i get emotional too when i see the old hayat she is so sweet she trust me im so happy she got so healthy i defo gonna continue my mission to help birds in need hayat is my inspiration!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

The second one is here mom and dad are feeding them very well even blue is helping hayat ALOT heres a pic of momma keeping the babies warm

C5K35Sh

https://ibb.co/C5K35Sh

How many babies now Amsterdam? Would love to a picture of them,they must have gotten so big already! :D

Jim

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
They look healthy and strong, good color, good size too...And hatching right on-time!!!

It was a good-point that someone made about Budgies inbreeding, which they will do unfortunately...You don't need to worry about that now, or until they are at least 6 months to a year old when you're able to tell their genders...With any luck you'll get all boys or all girls...I know you don't want to "separate the family", but you certainly do not want them to inbreed Amsterdam, and unfortunately Budgies will do this regularly...However, there are things you can do to discourage them from breeding, and ultimately the important thing will be you making sure that if you do keep the siblings together and two of them pair-up and start mating, that you do not allow any of their eggs to hatch...I've seen inbred Budgies be allowed to develop and hatch, only to have them suffer greatly and then die from severe congenital health issues and physical deformities. So you definitely don't want that, but again, not anything you have to worry about any time soon, and is something that you can discourage from happening, and worst-case scenario you would simply have to destroy any eggs laid by two siblings...But for now just enjoy raising your babies...

OP
Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
This is such a wonderfull thread to read and reread :)
Nice work Amsterdam!

OP
Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
Ok guys my 3rd warrior came out today!!!! but.. there is a BUT the other 2 egg look infertile what should i do with them will hayat still trust me if i take the eggs out? it sounds so cruel idk really need help with this problem i did the flashlight trick on the 2 eggs today and i coudnt see any veins sadly where i really hoped for im so proud of hayat and blue they are taking so good care for the babys is it normal that from the 5 only 3 hatched??? is this good for the first time?? geuss im gonna wait a few days more to see what the other 2 eggs do maybe i didnt checked them right

heres a picture of the 3 babys!!
https://ibb.co/NTvyytv

and heres a picture of my princess hayat she looks so goooood
https://ibb.co/KhhCtw4

waiting for the advice guys really need to know what to do now

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Ok guys my 3rd warrior came out today!!!! but.. there is a BUT the other 2 egg look infertile what should i do with them will hayat still trust me if i take the eggs out? it sounds so cruel idk really need help with this problem i did the flashlight trick on the 2 eggs today and i coudnt see any veins sadly where i really hoped for im so proud of hayat and blue they are taking so good care for the babys is it normal that from the 5 only 3 hatched??? is this good for the first time?? geuss im gonna wait a few days more to see what the other 2 eggs do maybe i didnt checked them right

heres a picture of the 3 babys!!
https://ibb.co/NTvyytv

and heres a picture of my princess hayat she looks so goooood
https://ibb.co/KhhCtw4

waiting for the advice guys really need to know what to do now

I think I'd give those other eggs a few more days. Who knows,maybe Hyatt will realize they aren't going to hatch and forget about them? I think after a few more days I'd remove them anyway. Hyatt and dad a pretty busy with t6he three babies and they might not even know the eggs missing. I'm sure others with more experience raising baby budgies will chime in.
don't worry too much Amsterdam it looks like you and your birdies have it all under control as it is :) and BTW the babies and Hyatt are beautiful..well done!

Jim

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
For a first try... to have *any* babies is a gift :)
Many birds mess up the first (few) attempts.

You really have a few special ones there.

In a few days she will be SO busy feeding the little ones you could paint the nest purple and she would not care - so remove the unfertilized eggs in a week or so.
You will not damage the relationship at all.

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Oh my, they are so adorable! And Hayat looks amazing now :)

Most Reactions