Hayat is gonna be a mom soon HELP

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
You won't see any "veins" at this point Amsterdam, so those other 2 eggs may very well still be fertile if they originally did have veins!!! As the babies develop inside of the egg, the veins become non-visible and you get basically a dark inside of the egg that you can't see much of, and a little air space at the top of the egg...So just leave them for another week or so...There are 2-3 days between each egg's age, so if the 3rd baby just hatched yesterday, then the next one should hatch tomorrow or the next day, and then the last one 2 days or so after that...and sometimes they are late, so I always leave ALL of the eggs for a week AFTER the last chick hatched, just to make sure...

OP
Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
You won't see any "veins" at this point Amsterdam, so those other 2 eggs may very well still be fertile if they originally did have veins!!! As the babies develop inside of the egg, the veins become non-visible and you get basically a dark inside of the egg that you can't see much of, and a little air space at the top of the egg...So just leave them for another week or so...There are 2-3 days between each egg's age, so if the 3rd baby just hatched yesterday, then the next one should hatch tomorrow or the next day, and then the last one 2 days or so after that...and sometimes they are late, so I always leave ALL of the eggs for a week AFTER the last chick hatched, just to make sure...

thanks ellen thats really good advice i really want to make sure im not removing eggs with babys in it thank you so very much thats the answer i needed im just gonna wait a week like you said and hope for the best!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I don't have helpful advice to offer about breeding budgies but have been meaning to post on this thread that I've been enjoying watching the process and am so happy for Hayat that she was not just rescued and made healthy again but that she now gets to raise babies of her own. Very wonderful story to watch unfold.

OP
Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
My babiess oldest one is 10 days now
https://imgur.com/a/Z1egVqS

Z1egVqS

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Babydinosaurs...all cute and cuddled up, what is not to like?

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Look at the FEET on that little one :eek: No wonder we call 'em dinosaurs lol.
Awesome Amsterdam..just awesome! WTG Hyatt too!

Jim

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I love seeing Hayat so healthy and beautiful!!! And proud pappa looking on. I love the Pearl blue on her wings , just so amazing to see her like this!!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
They grow so fast! The boys of Blue ;) such a happy story. Thanks Amsterdam!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
WOW! That picture put a huge :D on my face! Just three weeks old and so big already. Hyatt and Blue must be proud of themselves being first-time parents and succeeding so well! and Gran Pa Pa did an awesome job too! Well done Amsterdam well done! What an awesome adventure,thank you for sharing it with us :D

Jim

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Did you ever anticipate delving so far into birds?! lol
I know you found Hyat and I think you had another bird already, but were you a big bird person before this or did it all just kind of fall in your lap?
I'm just curious because you are doing an excellent job!

OP
Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
Did you ever anticipate delving so far into birds?! lol
I know you found Hyat and I think you had another bird already, but were you a big bird person before this or did it all just kind of fall in your lap?
I'm just curious because you are doing an excellent job!

haha not really noodles i always loved birds etc my parents owned a few when i was a child and it was really always my dream to have a few and then well you know the story of hayat haha!!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Oh my gosh that baby is so stinking cute! I love love love this thread. Thank you so much, Amsterdam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Wow, so adorable and growing up fast!

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Oh wow! So cute!! It's so wonderful to see these new, beautiful lives that came from a potential tragedy of what happened to Hayat. I love it when things turn out happily. :)

This is especially good to see considering there's been too many tragedies for some of our other Parronts here. I hope in some way this helps them to see that where there is sadness and endings, there is also joy, life and new beginnings.

Most Reactions