OP
sigaru

sigaru

Nov 16, 2010
Media
western massachusetts
Parrots
Freddie Mercury, cinnamon mutation green-cheek conure
my god is he obnoxious! i got him about twenty new toys today, most of which are for chewing, and what does he want? my earrings, my hair clips, my laptop, the metal part of my zipper, the little doo-dads on my pants...lol, and my hair. it's like having a child! lol, he's so great though :D

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
What fun! He looks exactly like my first Sam...a cinnamon GCC.. .the fid love of my life ...great little birds. I am glad von clarified my first post, I did indeed mean pellets fruits and vegetables by " balance out diet ". Should have been more specific! Sorry. Re his interest in all but toys...that is very conure. EVERYTHING is a conure toy...even if it looks like a earring, beeps like a pager, meows like a cat, produces output like a printer ...stores data like a flash drive or bubbles like a vat of hot soup boiling like lava!!! They will attempt to play, dunk or test for toy or food potential ABSOLUTELY everything and everyone. House proof like you just adopted a toddler on steroids. Small pieces of metal especially dangerous ...some potted plant's likewise. Check out earlier threads.I am not trying to scare you ...conure cleptomania is part of their charm. But you have to be alert if you don't want soggy pagers, traumatized cats,dismantled computer printers...well you get my drift. And I have two who work together.

OP
sigaru

sigaru

Nov 16, 2010
Media
western massachusetts
Parrots
lol, nah, you didn't scare me :] i figured he'd be curious, it's just quite a bit more than i thought! lol. it's great though. i'm upstairs texting someone and he's on my head, but the second he sees the phone he's down my arm and in the way of the screen lol. but he especially likes to try to go for anything metal [again, earrings, the tiny little metal piece at the top of my zipper.. i have to put my hood up as soon as he decides he's going up my arm, or else he'll have an earring again lol], but i have to be sure to catch him before he gets to it and get him away quick. he even chewed a little bead thing off of my pants, lol. but i love him

OP
sigaru

sigaru

Nov 16, 2010
Media
western massachusetts
Parrots
and yes, he's on a pellets and F&V diet. seeds are a sometimes food, lol. just for treats

Most Reactions

Latest posts