I made this!

Jumpingtadpoles

Oct 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
Parrots
We are looking for a bird for our family. It's very much like we are pregnant and waiting for the day the new addition comes to the family!
Took about an hour and a half from start to finish. Just cotton rope, ash wood and arbutus wood. My first wood toy :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385619977.284720.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1385620005.934108.jpg

OP
Jumpingtadpoles

Jumpingtadpoles

Oct 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
Parrots
We are looking for a bird for our family. It's very much like we are pregnant and waiting for the day the new addition comes to the family!
I have sooo much wood, I'm thinking I may just make a lot of blocks, keep them in a bin so I can tie up new ones whenever my heart desires.... By the end of it my wrist was messed up. Tools are heavy after that long lol.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Sounds like a great idea !! [Good Job]. That would be a 49 dollar toy [were I buy toys]. I need to learn to rebuild my demolished toys [the macaws ,Toos and amazon like wood ] What kind of bird are you getting?

OP
Jumpingtadpoles

Jumpingtadpoles

Oct 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
Parrots
I'm not sure about the kind. I want an amazon for sure, but I also really want a macaw. I keep getting told that macaws are not for beginners, but neither are amazons, and I don't feel intimidated by either. I will eventually have both, just not sure on the order. I'm letting fate lead the way.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
I have to offer you my advice here. Get what you really really want [cant be in a apartment though . ] Just do all your research [and say Im going to make this work] I don't think a start out bird is the way to go nor do I think a rehomed ones are good to start out with either . I have 15 birds . What about a female just weaned Macaw? You can grow together and get you confidence with her. A bonded trained Macaw is a easy bird [I would have a room full of them]. Once you understand the species .If you ever get another ( then you might be ready to help out a rehome].

Megapixel

Banned
Banned
Nov 17, 2013
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Senegal, Senegal, Black Capped Conure, Green-cheek Conure, Blue Fronted Amazon
I have to offer you my advice here. Get what you really really want [cant be in a apartment though . ] Just do all your research [and say Im going to make this work]

No no no, get your second or even third choice so that you have a reason to add more birds. Not that you ever need a reason ;)

Just don't get a budgie, that toy is way too big for a budgie. :eek:

OP
Jumpingtadpoles

Jumpingtadpoles

Oct 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
Parrots
I have a drill press! My fiancé has a farm. He needs everything. So I have everything to make toys thanks to him.
Our house is big, so a macaw cage can fit :)
We have even talked a little about making a flight cage/ outdoor daytime summer place for the birds.
The rescue I'm a part of is so strong against babies. I'm not for or against, but I want to give a home to a previous loved bird for sure. I just am not going to rush into anything. Whatever happens will. I'll let it fall into place.

Last edited:

Most Reactions