Raixalotto

Nov 21, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Jasper - Indian Ringneck Parrot |

Apple & Cinnamon - Black Capped Conures |

Crimson & Ruby - Crimson Bellied Conures |

Silver & Brown - King Quails
Congratulations on getting your teil baby. He sounds adorable. With weaning (hand raised birds) it can depend on the baby itself (like with my IRN - most wean at 2 months, but mine was almost 3 months before he did). I'd probably react similarly to how you did if I got a message like that from a breeder I was going to buy :(

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Breeder is being very nice again... he also confirmed tiel was by himself for about 3 weeks until he was weaned at his house... so I am not freaking out as much as I was earlier about screwing the quarantine up.... now I am going to get some work done as I take breaks to stare at the new tiel lol

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Breeder is being very nice again... he also confirmed tiel was by himself for about 3 weeks until he was weaned at his house... so I am not freaking out as much as I was earlier about screwing the quarantine up.... now I am going to get some work done as I take breaks to stare at the new tiel lol

Please don't, you will freak him out - soft eye movements are much better - give him some time to 'unpack' also. No doubt yesterday was tiring for you both? :)

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!

Please don't, you will freak him out - soft eye movements are much better - give him some time to 'unpack' also. No doubt yesterday was tiring for you both? :)

I had to open cage door because he was thrashing trying to get out... he likes chilling on top of the cage and is very relaxed with cage door open... when I go near him he immediately tries to come towards me and asks me to pet him... I only look at him from a distance when I am sitting many feet away... he doesn't even know I'm looking at him... he is busy playing with toys :) ... I too would feel uncomfortable or annoyed with some bozo standing there just staring at me ;)

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts