Just got my first Amazon.

dudemom

Aug 3, 2014
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Kiwi, 7 year old Orange wing Amazon
Hi. I just got my first Amazon. His name is Kiwi( I'd change it due to its popularity but since its the only word he says I better not).
He is 7 and lived with a woman and her family for 6 years before she sold him to me. He is VERY tame, very outgoing, seems to be i love with our ten week old puppy( regurging) and is keeping me busy!
He is used to having run of the house, so I have cages or perches or playstands in every room, except my 11 year old daughters!
I will try to include a pic here if I can figure out how to do it.
Glad I found this group!

Attachments

• kiwilunch.jpg
    kiwilunch.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 112

PanZon

May 9, 2014
Tucson
Parrots
Military Macaw
very pretty bird! (orange wing, i had to look him up, lol) i have no idea, pretty markings though.

Last edited:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Orange wings are beautiful birds to see in person. I love their colors! Congrats.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Wohoo! Another member of the Kiwi club! Your Kiwi is beautiful, sounds like he will be thoroughly spoiled and looks like he enjoys a wide variety of tasty and healthy foods already. I am just a *little* biased, but zons are probably right up there on the top of the list of best birds you can have;) Hardy, mellow out with age, not prone to behavioral problems (in loving homes) and very smart. Hope to see you around!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Welcome to the club ...I mean forum. I love OWAs

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Aww he's beautiful! Wish I could get my zon to eat a bowl of all that healthy food! Good luck and keep posting pics

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Congratulations! Orange wings are very sweet birds.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! Kiwi is beautiful:)
I also have an OWA and he is such a wonderful boy:).
I am so glad you joined us and I look forward to hearing more about Kiwi (and seeing more pictures!)

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
His feather quality and colors are great! They're good birds. Kinda goofy...

Most Reactions

Latest posts