Kinny Art

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
what amazing work! So now we have two amazingly talented artists on here that we know of!!

And I just had the pleasure of meet Niko yesterday, and that is a beautiful drawing he inspired for you!!

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Aww thank you Raven. :) I'll post an update shortly!

Thanks strudel! :D I agree, I love seeing other Artists 'work in progress'.. always fascinates me :) And no worries!

Hehe thank you Marcia :p Yep. Putting them all in this thread here. There's a few on the first page if you haven't already had a peek.

Haha jenphilly. Who's the other one!? :O *hasn't been looking around much lately* Oh you lucky duck you! Thank you :D He is a very gorgeous bird. ^^

UPDATE:

Loki23rd-3-1.png

Last edited:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Ooo! That's really cool :) I like that choice of colors. The glowing blue and the eye against the black is stunning!

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
:D Hehehe thankies! Half the credit must go to my best friend... she had the idea of purpley blues.. ^^ I had the idea of the green eye and black body. So wouldn't look as good without her input. :)

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
aarghh Wish I had a better monitor.

He looks so cuddly and velvety and cat-like, and scary at the same time..... I just love those blues you've used.

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Thanks Raven! :D So you actually like the scaling? It doesn't look out of place..?

strudel, I looked at it on my phone and could barely see the shading or scales... Couldn't wait to get back on my laptop again haha. HD Monitors make EVERYTHING look AMAZING! I want one -_-

Hehe yay! :D Thank you!!! I'm a big sucker for blues ;P so I wasn't sure if it actually looked good or I was just being biased.

UPDATE:

Loki23rd-BG1-2.png

Light shading added :)

Loki23rd-BG3.png

Last edited:

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Couldn't wait to get back on my laptop again haha.
I'm just on a laptop. The screen isn't awful, but I'm sure it would be better on my "proper" monitors.

Well, I LOVE the blues, maybe I'm just biased too :D. The colour of the whole piece, the blues through the greys, I LOVE.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Just happened upon this thread, Kinny. I'm loving your art! Loved the anime-inspired baby rendering of Wendy's Nikolai, and that dragon especially just floored me! Wow!

Funny thing is, I went through a few phases with my thoughts on the dragon. I immediately fell in love with the pencils. (I draw as well, or at least I used to. Been a while.)
Then when I saw your original update, I deflated a little, thinking you'd gone too dark. (See? I was thinking as a penciller, not as a painter who could still add to the piece after the original bit of painting.)
And then you added the gray scales for the contrast and I was in love, again! A love that only grew with the addition of the background lightning! Sweet!

Please keep posting, Kinny!

@Jen: I think the known artist count is closer to 5 or 6, actually. At least, that I know of.

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Then when I saw your original update, I deflated a little, thinking you'd gone too dark. (See? I was thinking as a penciller, not as a painter who could still add to the piece after the original bit of painting.)
hahahaha I was learning with pastels, it is a constant to-ing and fro-ing between, "I've totally messed this up, it's going in the bin" to "that's not so bad". Kinny's seem to move forward in a linear way, not a total seesawing between disaster and not-so-much-disaster like mine.

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Couldn't wait to get back on my laptop again haha.
I'm just on a laptop. The screen isn't awful, but I'm sure it would be better on my "proper" monitors.

Well, I LOVE the blues, maybe I'm just biased too :D. The colour of the whole piece, the blues through the greys, I LOVE.

Ahhh haha. Yeah, my hubby now owns the proper computer with the huge amazing HD monitor.. *whimpers* I miss that monitor.. it used to be mine for my art :'( Thank you! :D Haha, I had to put blue in..it just looked...wonky.... without it. ^^

hahahaha I was learning with pastels, it is a constant to-ing and fro-ing between, "I've totally messed this up, it's going in the bin" to "that's not so bad". Kinny's seem to move forward in a linear way, not a total seesawing between disaster and not-so-much-disaster like mine.

Haha yeah I originally thought I went far too dark, but then i took the white background away and was fairly sure it was a good darkness. LOL, Oh you have no idea how much I was hating this piece when I first started the background... *eye twitch* I almost scrapped it and re-started..but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Haha, I'm multiple.. penciller, painter, digital artist... pretty much everything. But this IS a digital piece which makes it easier with the layering.

Just happened upon this thread, Kinny. I'm loving your art! Loved the anime-inspired baby rendering of Wendy's Nikolai, and that dragon especially just floored me! Wow!

Funny thing is, I went through a few phases with my thoughts on the dragon. I immediately fell in love with the pencils. (I draw as well, or at least I used to. Been a while.)
And then you added the gray scales for the contrast and I was in love, again! A love that only grew with the addition of the background lightning! Sweet!

Please keep posting, Kinny!

@Jen: I think the known artist count is closer to 5 or 6, actually. At least, that I know of.

Awww thank you Anansi! :D Hehehe....the lightning and rocky background was completely my friends idea, I just had to draw it. ;) I shall!

Even though this is a digital piece, i still draw the way I usually do with pencils/paint the way i do with paints. *absolutely loves my tablet and pen* So everything is 'drawn' free-hand the way I would on paper. I HATE all those 'tools' that make perfect smooth lines etc.. I prefer to just draw normally. :)

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
All done! :)

Loki23rd-BG4-B-850.png

And here's a smaller version, which makes it look a tad more detailed... to me.

103949af-a802-45b4-8894-a94069757915.png

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I love it kinny!! That came out really nice. I'm sure your husband loved his birthday painting :)

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
:D :D :D Thankies!!! He hasn't seen it yet.. I sent it to his email so he could view it on the big screen, but he hasn't checked his email yet.. -_- COME ON LOKI!..It's driving me nuts haha.

Last edited:
OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Just finished this commission for a friend of mine of her Purr-Pony 'Fairy King' character, King Oberon. ^^

MissRachel-AvatarKO6-400.png

Most Reactions