Neptune Blue

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Thanx Laurasea, as a first time Quaker mum I’m watching for info from you, Allee and EllenD very closely! :)
Lamanuka do you know if Scomo is a boy or girl? Congratulations! How old? I'm a first time quakers mom too, Neptune is five months, Penny older than seven I'm sure....

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
We were told a boy but really not 100% sure. We haven’t been able to get him vet checked yet due to family issues (ughhh family!!) so will be able to give better info then, I think it might be another 10 days-2 weeks before I get him in! He’s very young & unfortunately had both wings very severely clipped & my heart stops whenever he launches himself & hits the wooden floor! My floor by the way is covered with all sorts of blankets, towels, cushions, pillows etc etc to minimise any damage but I still worry! He looks a lot like your Neptune & has a big fluffy boofy head ❤️ And he steps up like a little champion with no fuss & no biting (yet!). He’s had a big morning eating, climbing, squawking, chewing stuff, little trips into the back yard & is currently taking a siesta & grinding his beaky beak :) And Fang the cockatiel has stepped up marvellously as Flock Leader to help him adjust. But I won’t stop worrying until I can get him to the doctor, might get some of that “client Valium” the vet usually offers me!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
OMG I know about the sever clip,! My breeder did this to mine before he even fledged! He was obsessively tring to fly and crashing, heart stopping! It's taken the two months I've had him to grow in the first two primaries. That's all it took and Bam he is flying everywhere! No lift yet but he can maintain height and go far. It's going to be epic when he gets them all in lol. I had him DNA so I would know. I plan on doing Penny soon to. It will be great to share stories. Poor Scomo I hope they come in soon!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Yes he’s already gliding a little more than plummeting like a fluffy blue brick! He’s having some quality time with his dadda right now, all is quiet, no squawking from either of them, giving poor old Fang five minutes peace:)

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
I want a Quaker but they're illegal here. Ugggggg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh I will, soon as I work out the techmology;)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Sunnyclover you can live vicariously thru ours ❤️

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

Oh thanks and you can live vicariously through my green monster Finley. Lol you're welcome.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Gee thanks, he sounds wonderful, on a good day! :) But it does sound like you’ve made great progress with him lately. Many many (many!) years ago, before forums like this on the interweb & when I had even less idea what was doing I rehomed an Indian ringneck & it broke my heart to do it, so I can well imagine how you felt thinking you had no option but to rehome Fin! I’m pleased for both of you that he has improved so much. Maybe his stint at bootcamp made him realise how good he had it with you!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Oh I will, soon as I work out the techmology;)

Take pic with phone, then go to your album, upload pic, save changes, thin clic on pic and the abd the second line that start with bbcode clic copy, then go to your post and clic past

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Or on bottom of the text box clic the go advanced button then click the paper clip and upload your pic. I wanna see your baby!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Forum members, please read page two, I have questions about puberty that I need help with. Thanks!!!!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Ok here goes, hope you can see ScoMo and his long-suffering dadda....

Attachments

• IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 74

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yes and lovely hubby too God love him! He has indulged my love of birdies now since ooh 1989...bless him!!!

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

Awwwwwww so cute and fluffy.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Which one? Birdie or hubby?? :)

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thank you. You can understand my confusion cos they both have big boofy heads. Hubby hasn’t once yelled “I am not that bird’s dadda!!!” at me. Not yet anyway❤️

Most Reactions

Latest posts