Neptune Blue

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Ohh this is perfect! Right over mommies head!
laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture20984-img-20190102-161034334-2.jpg

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Ohh this is perfect! Right over mommies head!
laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture20984-img-20190102-161034334-2.jpg

OMG, that is prime for a future POTM contest!!

I was thinking "Open the pod bay doors please, HAL" but more like "Pilot to bombardier, open the bomb bay doors!" :D

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
What would the POM theme be ? Lol His new joy in life is being a Lampshade Lander!!!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture21053-img-20190120-161654352-4.jpg

Took this today, thought it was cute enough to share. BTW those are love lights in his eyes! ;)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
That there is one handsome young man alright. And as cute as that fluffy bum is, this is still his best angle:)

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Thanks guys o just love him too much , always taking pictures, just can't resist that face!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
So today Neptune suprised me again with his smarts, and throwing out new phrases that are spot on.
!
I was filling a three gallon water jug, first time Neptune has seen this. He asked what are you doing, and I told him. Then he asked again, and I said I just told you, why did you ask again!? And he said I'm Thinking!!!!! Blew my mind! I may have said that at some point, but it's not something I say very often! It's the first time for him to say I'm thinking! I asked your thinking? And he said again I'm thinking! He kinda freaks me out when he uses new phrases appropriately out of the blue!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Neptune's new trick is to fly to me carring his own snacks in beak. So he can sit on me and crunch and munch. It's so funny. But I'm happy because he usually brings a big pellet to eat. I buy the large parrot size for Macaws or Grey's and mix in , he likes to crunch the big ones. Guess I need to be a better hostess and have snacks by my chair lol.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
You can alway hide some snacks in your ear ... ;)

(or nose if you feel particularly brave *giggles* )

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Mr Neptune was being bratty and beaking me, trying to peel off fingernails ect...I said No no stop that! He said"I'm sorry"!!!! First time I've heard this! And not something I've been teaching. It just blows my mind with these used in context words. And he always uses them correctly and for the first time, what days weeks months after he had heard them used!!!! This just ups my respect for all birds smarts even the non talking ones!!! The fact that their brains are capable of this, just amazing!!
A d he did stop being bratty. Good boy!

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
Parrots
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
niiiiiiiice! (I am still going to steal him if I ever get the chance of course ;) )

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Lol! You ever want to visit Florida you have a place to stay! But I'll not let you out the door with my baby boy!!! ;)

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Neptune has started building, so cute. Mostly collection of stuff he puts in a corner, but he is young still time to become a master builder ;)
Me a much bigger stuggle with my Myasthenia Gravis, treatment hasn't been working. For me that means difficulty Speaking, breathing, standing, walking, and lifting things like plates, or glasses. So haven't been as active here. So if you haven't seen me supporting your threads that's why. Still trying to sneak in a few posts here and there. But I love my flock of members and parrots and those with pups, or fish ;) just trying to concentrate my energy on my parrots and pups for now. Tomorrow, next week , or next or whenever this MG allows I'll be back to typing cheers and support or scolding, or laughing at your parrot antics or cute pics!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Stay strong Laurasea, though sometimes it’s not easy. We all love you and miss you and wish you well, even HRH Princess Lilly is blowing you kisses right now (or are they raspberries, it’s hard to tell with her!) Sending you lots of love from across the miles ❤️

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Neptune has not been learning new words for awhile probably because I've been less active and not talking much myself. Today he started wolf whistle which is the first time. So we whistled back a day forth for awhile then I bragged on him told him how good he was! Then he blew my mind again when he said " it's no big deal" well he is right plunty of Parrots whistle lol but where the heck did he pick up the it's no big deal?;!!! He has never said that before! I've said it all through out this thread, he blows my mind with these phrases he throws out in context, that just appear in his vocabulary! Freaky!!!
Seeing the doc this week about increasing my medication for the Myasthenia Gravis, hopefully he will fingers crossed, as I'm struggling more still ..

Last edited:

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
Parrots
Laura, I am not sure who is more amazing at this point - you keeping up with everything despite that horrible illness or this crazy bird plucking lines almost out of thin air.

Best wishes and I hope your doc can do more for you.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Thank you CristaNL, me too. Lots of people have struggles, but sometimes I just want to say this is a sucky sucky autoimmune disease! Most people have never heard of MG the cousin of MS..
Today Neptune is just screaching...and that's leading to the charge for the other parrots to screach! Parronthood equal parts joy and wonder, following frayed nerves and sore eardrums lol

Last edited:

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Laura I'm sorry, I had no idea you were suffering with MG...There is little more frustrating than suffering from an Auto-Immune Disease that has no cure, few treatments that help, and that little is known about, especially by the general population...Hang-in there, I hope that an adjustment to your meds brings you some relief...Stay Strong!

Most Reactions

Latest posts