Neptune Blue

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Laura I'm sorry, I had no idea you were suffering with MG...There is little more frustrating than suffering from an Auto-Immune Disease that has no cure, few treatments that help, and that little is known about, especially by the general population...Hang-in there, I hope that an adjustment to your meds brings you some relief...Stay Strong!

Thank you very much EllenD! You summed it up nicely. I've had MG for six years and I have a hard time, still , explaining it to people. I spend two days a month at the hospital getting IV immunoglobulins, takes over ten thousand blood donors to make one dose for my treatment. So thank you blood donors!!! There is only so much they can give me at one time because all those proteins are hard on kidneys, and I don't really want more days at the hospital...and like a lot of medicine over time it becomes less effective.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Mr Neptune celebrated his Gottcha date last week! Hard to believe it's been a year!!!!
Neptune is preoccupied with sex and regurgations to his gal Ta-dah, he pesters her non stop. I'm having to limit their time out of cage together. He also has been going through a lot of screaming....sigh
He is a very loud bird and prolific in vocalizing, either screaming squawking or talking. It can be mind numbing at times...
But he is still lovey, funny and playful.
He seems to have named me Pretty Girl. After being out and returning home , he tells Pretty Girl come here!! and over, then pretty Girl what are you doing, I love you Pretty Girl. Yes he had heard my say pretty girl to my girl birdies, but he only says it to me and definitely addresses me as such. Of course I love it!!!!! And gave reinforced but always telling him whatta good boy ! When he does ;) ;) ;) ;)
I love him like crazy , so it's easier to put up with his screams

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Happy Gotcha Day Neptune! But you gotta give your mum and Ta-Dah a break sometime, maybe take a cold shower!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yeah, Happy Gotch a Day Neptune. Dont worry, the screams will pass after his initial puberty, he will be back to his old young self.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Yeah, Happy Gotch a Day Neptune. Dont worry, the screams will pass after his initial puberty, he will be back to his old young self.
Oh Wrench that is great news! From your lips to God's ears!!! I thought this was my new normal, sigh, and
The constant noise makes one want to pull out their hair, or their freinds featheres! It would be great if this just puberty. He even makes noise while eating or chewing on toys,. Yes I Know there are parrots whos volume shatters ear drums, but he is loud enough I can't hear tv no matter how much I turn up volume.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Neptune Blue, I had to chase him to put him up yesterday morning, as I had someone coming to work on house. It didn't go well. Normally I can just get him to step up and I out him in his cage. Yesterday was a disaster I had to put him up the person was at my door!!!!
I made him terrified of my hands. Once I put him up he screamed when ever he saw me. I tried to get him out in the afternoon to make up. We'll be flew to me and bit my neck hard. The first time he has ever bitten me!!!!! He has mouthed me and sometimes gotten to rambunctious but never a true bite. Then later I had my hand up to put food out and he bit me again. :( :(! I had to let him go back to his cage on his own. Whenever I came near he hid and screamed.....
This morning, I opened the cage, he acted like he was going to step up then bit me... .
But Ta-dah to the rescue!!!!! She came over for cuddle, and Neptune followed. At first he would not let my hands touch him, but would give kisses to face. I kept scritching Ta-dah, and finally Neptune let me scritch him, and pet him :) :) :) :)
He is sitting with me now, beak grinding and relaxed letting me pet and kiss when I want. Whew!!!! I was a bad mommy but I have been forgiven!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

Despite yesterday's upset screaming...lol
There has been a huge decrease in Neptune's screaming, thank goodness! Though he still makes plenty of noise daily.
He also has developed cage aggression, mostly if my hand goes near his nightly roost spot.

And I see Neptune page has over 5000 views!!!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture21987-img-20191111-101948559.jpg

Neptune Blue giving me a morning kiss!

Despite that Neptune is no longer a baby he is a grown rooster. As such he has let me know that he prefers to hang out with me but hands off. I used to cuddle and scritch him when ever I wanted to

Now its morning and he will let me know later in the day if he wants a scritch. He will sit with me and beak grind, take a little nap, happy to be my guy. But no touches,!!!!

So I have adapted , mornings are now Neptune and I time, 830pm still Ta-dah time, and the rest is Penny and Pikachu who are happy to have head scritches at anytime!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Isn’t it awful when your snuggly baby decides he doesn’t need you quite as much, just like when little boys run a mile in embarrassment when mum goes to kiss them goodbye at the school gates - we live near a school and see it happen all the time!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Isn’t it awful when your snuggly baby decides he doesn’t need you quite as much, just like when little boys run a mile in embarrassment when mum goes to kiss them goodbye at the school gates - we live near a school and see it happen all the time!

Too cute and funny. I think you got it right! Neptune is like Mooooom no kisses!
But right now he is sitting with me with the fluffy cheecks begging for head scritches!!
The rest of the day he will be no touches no kisses! I got stuff to do!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Neptune, he is almost 2 now. Full of hormones like many on the forum this time of year...

He became cage agressive as an adult, as 90% do. Fine. He great away from the cage, lovey and snuggles. But now all the cage tops have become his home turf! To attack and defend! I curbed this by rearranging the cage tops..but now nothing works the cage tops are his. If I go to put veg in the dishes on top of the cages he does running or flying to attack. Obvious not ideal....o
Do I feel once his hormones calm down this will stop. He is humping everything, screeching his king of the mountains.... still momma's snuggle boy away from the cage.

Just not sure if I can make cage tops neutral ground again? Wait out his hormones rush?

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
There is clearly a Worldwide over-the-top Hormonal Season striking with extensive and heavy flows of: I'll Kill Anything, anywhere!!!

At this point, consider it his and wait out the season. Now, it is possible that during the low flow, you may get a bit of interaction going...

Take care, the chemicals are in control!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
For sure! I looked back and I went thru this last year in June... And he did calm back down .

Also he has made the little budgie Cloudy as his heir apparent. He is treating him like his kid. Goes and gets him shows him the veg, or new treats and food. I put out a new water dish he showed him that. He protects him from the other parrots, even tho at this point no other parrots are even trying to bother him.

Neptune us also begain weaving in the bars, collecting stuff to weave. He only has about six weaves high on the side of the bars ware he sleeps. Thankfully this keeps him busy.

bonita

Aug 30, 2014
Pennslyvania
Parrots
Paddy male 8 yr.old GCC Cuddlebug, Emmy female parrotlet RIP Buddy 20 yr. blue headed conure adopted 10/23 Paddy RIP 10/23
Dear Laurasea, I know this is a very trying time for you. Will be happy to hold you up to the Lord.You need to believe for Neptunes return.Make sure to post on social media alert neighborhood watch group. I had a parrolet and GCC returned to me after they got loose.It does happen.Believe! Pray! Very sincerely, Bonita

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Thank you very much , I pray everyday for his safety and return
I was up before sunrise and out looking and listening,
I dint know if he isn’t making noise, or isn’t in the area I’m looking, I’ve only missed two sunrise in looking in the over 30 days he has been gone
I miss him so much
I don’t know how to find him

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Thank you very much , I pray everyday for his safety and return
I was up before sunrise and out looking and listening,
I dint know if he isn’t making noise, or isn’t in the area I’m looking, I’ve only missed two sunrise in looking in the over 30 days he has been gone
I miss him so much
I don’t know how to find him

It would be common for a Companion Parrot not to call-out...
But, if a contact call is heard by the Parrot, they will return the call. NOTE: If you contact call, be aware the their return call will be softer and if you think you heard a return call, always call out again in that general direction and repeat over several minutes, leaving time between your calls for a response.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I was out there this evening with Penny, who will contact call with me if I leaver on the roof of my car and walk a little bit away....I stay in one pls e fir half an hour usually... then move and try again....
That neighborhood was the only pls she has been seen or heard so I don’t know were else to look

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I would like to add that not all parrots will return a contact call in certain situations. If Noodles is sleepy, scared, or otherwise occupied, she will ignore me (even though she likes me a lot--A LOT). Now, if she calls and I don't answer, then she gets irritated, but it doesn't ALWAYS work both ways...Like a kid who is quiet when getting into mischief.

bonita

Aug 30, 2014
Pennslyvania
Parrots
Paddy male 8 yr.old GCC Cuddlebug, Emmy female parrotlet RIP Buddy 20 yr. blue headed conure adopted 10/23 Paddy RIP 10/23
Dear Laurasea, Just to give an idea my Parrolett was gone 3 days a neighbor boy found her on his porch rail.She was bright green so they knew she was"nt wild.Weight loss and wet but nothing permanant. Paddy got out and was 2 streets over in our neighbors back deck he dove into their lunch.They put a laundry basket oveBonnier him and called right away.

Most Reactions

Latest posts