ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
hmmm, does he have a brother? ;)
=

sorry Laurasea - I did not mean to highjack your thread- I *still* plan to steal your bird of course !

It sounds like he is flirting his little feathery arse off.
It if was just regurging I'd say "flock/family-behaviour" but if he is also mounting etc. ..you don't do that with family!
(unless you are planning to start one of your own)

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Which one Christa, birdie or hubby?? :)

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
Parrots
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
either will do ;)
(lets go for humans first while I still wait for the testresults, so maybe in about 2 weeks we can negotiate birds...)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hubby doesn’t have a brother, but he sez to tell you his dad “got around” a fair bit in his youth so you never know... :)

ScoMo had a brother too but Quakers are expensive here & I couldn’t quite afford them both, although I hated leaving one behind! I took ScoMo because he seemed to be such a sad little thing for a Quaker whereas his brother was the livelier and more outgoing of the two. I’ve always been a sucker for the sad one, or the runt, or the last one left... Hopeful that once he’s seen the vet it’s just a personality thing rather than an illness cos I wouldn’t like the little guy to be in distress!

Sorry Laurasea we’ve gone and done it again! I will start an official Adventures of Fang & ScoMo thread of my own soon!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Thank you AmybIuefront, Abd Wrench! I do need help on the puberty thing tho...I thought I would have more time before this. It seems Neptune is in puberty, abd that he is trying to pick a mate between myself Ta-dah and Penny, as he is head bobbing abd regurging to all of us. I don't know what to do? Do I need to keep him from spending one on one time with the other girls? So as that he bonds more with me? Is this just a phase and don't worry? Or let him pick one if the other parrots? Would they be best buds, and still buds with me then? I had the two girl GCC before and they were very closely bonded and still bonded with me. I know if he picked Ta-dah she would stay bonded with me(I think) as we have been close for seven years. But if he picked Penny I would worry.,. Or do I not need to worry about this stuff all? EllenD I hope you weigh in! I was out to dinner with friends and we went for post dinner coffee so I am caffeinated up! Silly me, probably won't be sleeping anytime soon!
Hi just bumping this , as I do want imput.
Advice??? Anyone???

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Isn’t Neptune a little young to be going thru puberty already? I thought that’d be more around the “terrible twos” age. Could it be more of a dominance thing? Or testing boundaries with the rest of the flock? Mind you as a first time Quaker mum I don’t know either! I’m sure a much wiser head will have some answers soon (just givin’ you a little nudge to the top of the list again Laurasea:))

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Bueller.....

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Aww thanks! I do wish someone would have something to say....:( My feelings are starting to be hurt

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thank you AmybIuefront, Abd Wrench! I do need help on the puberty thing tho...I thought I would have more time before this. It seems Neptune is in puberty, abd that he is trying to pick a mate between myself Ta-dah and Penny, as he is head bobbing abd regurging to all of us. I don't know what to do? Do I need to keep him from spending one on one time with the other girls? So as that he bonds more with me? Is this just a phase and don't worry? Or let him pick one if the other parrots? Would they be best buds, and still buds with me then? I had the two girl GCC before and they were very closely bonded and still bonded with me. I know if he picked Ta-dah she would stay bonded with me(I think) as we have been close for seven years. But if he picked Penny I would worry.,. Or do I not need to worry about this stuff all? EllenD I hope you weigh in! I was out to dinner with friends and we went for post dinner coffee so I am caffeinated up! Silly me, probably won't be sleeping anytime soon!
Hi just bumping this , as I do want imput.
Advice??? Anyone???

Just bumpin' ya up, girlfriend :)

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Neptune is without a doubt in puberty. He has chosen Ta-dah no suprise there! He gets on top of her abd rubs himself... He is also starting to not want me to pet her. He has become less affectionate with me as well :( But he is still gorgeous and talkative. I'm working on keeping our bond. I am happy they get along so well, and he has even gotten Ta-dah to play with toys with him, when before she wasn't big on toys. Ta-dah loves Neptune right back but so far I'm still first in her heart. My boy is definitely growing up and trying to bite and be bossy! He is so happy he can fly now, he does laps around the house, and he does drop in for a visit at my chair and say hi and give kisses! But doesn't want me to scratch his head anymore or pet him
:( I think we can still get back some of that. But my MG has been kicking my butt these last few days, difficulty walking and lifting things and droopy eyes... When I get some oomph back I'll work on our bond.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Lordy I am taking over the forum!!! But I wanted to update you all on Neptune too. I spent extra time with him, like eight hours two days in a row. I can now pet and scritch him again. He may just be extra sensitive to when I have droopy MG eyes, and am not right (weak) so maybe he was shunning me like he would a sick bird ??? He is learning he can't bite, or try and rip my fingenails off! He is being much more gentle. If he starts to bite hard he looks at me, I say no be gentle and he stops, it's like he is checking is this too hard mom? As much as he loves Ta-dah and she loves him, I'm still first in Ta-dahs heart. So she has been a big help she tells him to back off she wants to love on me. So I think together we can keep him in line! I will see if the next time I have droopy eyes if he acts the same way.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Today I was holding Penny when Neptune perfectly I mean perfectly immitated Penny's voice saying pretty pretty pretty birdie, her favorite thing to say! Maybe he has been doing this before but i didn't catch it Freaky!! In my way if thinking he was saying anything she can do I can do better, I can do anything better than her! So put Penny down and come get meeee!

Last edited:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welllllllllllllllll, when you are beautiful, brainy, bodacious, and blue, the rest of the world has to give way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I mentioned in CristaNL love is in the sir Thread, that Neptune is busy trying to hump my GCC Ta-dah at every opportunity. It's putting a strain on their relationship as she is not in the mood! He is back being great with me and snuggle and letting me scritch his head. His new thing is to say " Good Boy" right before he does something BAD! He will say good boy then try and rip my fingernail off, or Good Boy and chomp on the lamp which he knows is a no no, or good boy and start sparring with Ta-dah. Penny my other quaker beeps with the microwave and it always makes me laugh. So now when Penny beeps Neptune starts laughing! He has taken and lost most of the tic tac toe pieces, it really hard to train him cuz he takes the pieces and runs it flies away.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I've been Sewing a baby quilt for a friend. Neptune has felt the need to help, and he has! He grabs the thread and pulls lol. When I pushed him away he found his own loose thread and pushed and pulled it like he was stitching too! He was very serious. I love him a bunch and I'm so impressed with how smart they are and how much they want to emulate us!! Since I am well now I had them all attached to me giving kisses snuggling head scratches and little birdies napping and happily grinding their beaks. I feel very blessed that my birds are so lovey, and nobody pooped on me!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Nothing more satisfying than that grinding beak sound and no poop is a great bonus!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Sent from Heaven above
On wings of love
In he flew
my Neptune Blue
Straight into my soul
And now I'm whole
Now all I want is time
For him to forever be mine
With every feather
Colored like heather
He made me grow
To love him so!!

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Neptune has become a lampshade lander!!!!!! Very frustrating and leads to lampshade poops!!! He loves it best if the lamp is on!! A nice big spotlight on his glorious Ness....
laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture20982-img-20190102-141507655-3.jpg

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
Parrots
It is not merely 'decorating the lampshade! it is ART!!'. ;)

Nobody appreciates a freepooper eh -thinker!
Oh the poor, starving artist....

Most Reactions

Latest posts