Pete injured his foot

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
And good news for me! I can get a cortisone injection this afternoon for my hip:) I sure hope it does the trick and buys me some time here.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
And good news for me! I can get a cortisone injection this afternoon for my hip:) I sure hope it does the trick and buys me some time here.

Good luck Roxy , I hope it relieves your pain.
And I hope you can put surgery off for a long time .
Take care of yourself :)
:white1::white1:

MaraWentz

Banned
Banned
Mar 27, 2012
Media
St.Leonard, MD
Parrots
Red Front Macaw, Elvis, 10,male RIP

Red Front Macaw, Erin, 1.5,female

Goffin Cockatoo, Blossom 2,female Rehomed

Blue & Gold Macaw, Oscar, Male, 21 years old, Rehomed

American Bulldog Mix,
My Red front had an injury to his foot last summer. He cannot fly, so while up on a step stool he fell and hurt his foot. He limped and tried not to use it a lot. He was a pitiful sight. We waited about 3 days, but he showed no sign of it getting better. We took him to the vet and all he did was give me some honey flavored pain killer that I was to give him the next 3-5 days by mouth. They did no x ray or anything because they said even if it was broken they cant put a splint or cast on a little birds leg. They said treat as if he was a human that broke its toe.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Hi MaraWentz , was the vet you took your bird to a avian vet ? Just curious.
Your bird is beautiful BTW.

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Yes, I was under the impression that they can put on a soft cast.

I talked to the vet today anyway. I just took Merlin along with me to my doctor's appointment because the bird vet is right by there, and they helped me do this week's sinus flush on her, and I picked her up more Celebrex. The vet decided she now wants her on it through April. So we talked as well about Pete's foot. It turned out they tried calling me several times, but must have been dialing the wrong number:54: I checked my number with them and it was on the chart correctly so it must have been a mistake on their end. They said some man kept answering and telling them it was the wrong number. I said, yeah, I don't think any guys have been over my house for at least a couple of weeks.

BTW, they can treat birds with arthritis so if that is Pete's problem, I can get him some help. He has been fine though since the next day, but if it happens again, I will probably have to have him evaluated for arthritis or a minor injury.

mnkeastman

Jan 6, 2012
Parrots
Pixie-White Capped Pionus
I don't know how I missed this earlier but hope you and Pete are well :)

MaraWentz

Banned
Banned
Mar 27, 2012
Media
St.Leonard, MD
Parrots
Red Front Macaw, Elvis, 10,male RIP

Red Front Macaw, Erin, 1.5,female

Goffin Cockatoo, Blossom 2,female Rehomed

Blue & Gold Macaw, Oscar, Male, 21 years old, Rehomed

American Bulldog Mix,
Thank you and yes he was. But he also happened to be the vet who ended getting my baby killed, so I wouldn't reccomend him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts