Sweet (baby) Barney

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I haven't been on in quite a while. Last year just threw me for such a loop and ended with sweet Barney passing shortly before New Years. My mom sent me some copies of very old (circa 1978 she says!) photos of him as a young bird, before he went bald. He was bald on the head (though otherwise healthy) long before I was born. He always (in my memory) looked like a cute little green buzzard. I never remember him like these photos. Just thought I'd share. He was a sweet and gentle creature who was loved and cherished from the time he was a baby and he is greatly missed!

DSC_9653_zpsnsikogpp.jpg

DSC_9649_zpsxmalqwuk.jpg

DSC_9650_zpsmtugudpi.jpg

And in autumn 2016, a few months before he passed.

DSC_9656_zpsm2gwswpy.jpg

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Thank-you for the Barney photos!

I know that you two have a very strong, long lasting bond and it had to be heartbreaking with his loss. Please remember that they do not leave us! They sit quietly in our memories and flood our hearts when we remember all those wonderful moments.

Been missing you(!) and wanted to tell you about the turkeys that attempted to take-over our yard! Julio was beside himself with their overt attempt to steal his domain, more later on that subject.

I did find a bunch of information on Amazon species ranges and the feather color and beak /claw color changes that occur and more later on that subject also.

It is so good to hear from you!!!

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
April I am so sorry to hear Barney has passed. How is your Mom handling his passing as well as you? I saved a photo you shared of the green buzzard, Husband and I talk about him and compare him with Buddy. Husband says Barney was sweet while Buddy is mean. Buddy is sweet, period.

And like Sailboat said, you have been greatly missed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello April, it's so nice to see you here. I've thought of you and Barney often in your absence. I'm so very sorry for the bitter loss of such a beloved parrot and family member. Thank you for sharing these special pics of Barney, such a beautiful boy in all his photos.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Thanks everyone. I've missed everyone on the forum too. Just needed a bit of a break (not just from this forum) to try and pull it back together again after a really challenging year that ended on a sad note.

I do look forward to hearing about Julio and how he swiftly evicted the turkeys! Kiwi says "honk". He is fine, feisty as ever.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My deepest condolences, April. Barney was beloved and his gentle soul will be missed but never forgotten. Thanks for sharing his pictures.

Nice to see you back, hope we'll see more of you when you are feeling better.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
April, I am so very sorry about Barney. What a lucky boy he was to have been loved so much and for so long. Sending hugs to you and your family, I can't even imagine the pain.
I am glad to see you back, I missed you.

Most Reactions