what kind of playstand does your macaw use?

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
I am just curious as to what type of playstand everyones macaw uses.

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
I've had various types, from PVC ones to wooden ones I built myself to combination structures. Currently I'm using one of the commercially produced metal 'hoop" ones with 3 levels and the ladders going between them. I naturally had to replace all of the wooden rungs that came with it with PVC rungs. Those wooden ones were mutilated in no time flat ;)

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
i don't own a macaw, but i know allot of people use large javo wood stands or manzanita wood stands. good luck :)

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
I have 3~ a large java tree, a pvc one I made myself and the one he came with, metal base "T" stand with wooden dowel

OP
brianlinkles

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
Thanks for the replys! How do the macaws do with the java trees? I know the wood is hard but can they chew through them? I have one of the med. size ones a little over 4 ft. on the wheels, not sure if a macaw could just chomp right through one in no time! Wharfrat, great ideas!

Conuregirl

Jan 16, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
Oliver the nanday conure (rescue), Suki the green cheek conure, Picabo the Hahn's Macaw, and Big Bird the dove
Last edited:

doodadz

Apr 17, 2010
maryland
We currently use java trees for everyone. Have used the metal rolly ones in the past but upgraded a year or so ago.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Java trees. My guys find them slippery and don't get around on the like they should be.
There was a thread on this before somewhere...
The smaller birds dont seem to have issues with it being slippery then the big guys do...
Maybe because my guys are young they could be having the slippery issues , idk...
If i were to choose again , it wouldn't be the java trees , I would opt for something more grippable.
They haven't done as much damage as I thought they would as in chewing it to splinters.
I'm sure they would have had half the tree chewed if they could grip better ,lolol.
But they have started on one branch and they take it apart like its soft wood !!!
Stella and Baby have both put their marks on this one branch and actually race each other to it when I let them out , lololol.
They know it's the only one they can mutilate ( so far ).

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts