Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Loved your story! How awesome that BB understood how fabulous pizza is!!!

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
I agree
Ya know when I adopted him I worried so much about hurting him . Not physically but emotions or feeding him wrong. He had already been thru so much all I wanted was to give him some security and try to regain his health. That is one reason i am so OCD about this forum. LEARN .
He has given me so much joy. I walk in the door every day and hear HI HI HI WHAT HI
No matter how bad the day was it brightens up then. He is a joy to be around even if he does nip me now and then. I told him one day I will nip back. LOL SO the cost of a very special treat now and then is the least I can do. And sharing pizza is easy. One of my favorite things to eat LOL

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Ice cream is one of the funniest things to give a parrot (or an ice cube in the water dish). They don't quite "get" cold so they go nuts over it. Hilarious!

The thing about birds diet is to vary it as much as possible. These parrots you hear about who live 90 years don't eat dry pellets day in and day out (though that may have been a part of their diet). They eat a little bit of everything! And a parrot who's getting good nutrition will be a happier bird all around. They have energy and feel good:) I think you've been doing really well with your Big bird! He sounds like he's really accepted you and is going to have a great life from now on.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Our house goes nut at the word POPCORN! The dogs and birds go nuts, they love popcorn. I make air popped popcorn so that their crazy treat. The dogs will sit by the stove waiting. Both birds are in their cages dancing, Buddy is calling out, the dogs start spinning in circles when I get the popcorn bowl and race me to the livingroom. They get some, then the birds and finally Husband and I.

Most Reactions

Latest posts