60 day juice cleanse

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I did my college internship at a battered women's shelter, doing pro bono TROs... Not that those things are good for much of anything.

That,s a self esteem issue, not a self destruct issue.

Some of my base jumper friends were so caught up in the how do I top that one game, that a gust of wind could become a life threatening mistake. When You are under the illusion that you are just that good And it can't happen to you... Then add alcohol, and a couple of drunken idiots...

What's the second stupidest phrase in the world? Watch this!

The stupidest of course is hold my beer and watch thiis!

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
I did my college internship at a battered women's shelter, doing pro bono TROs... Not that those things are good for much of anything.

That,s a self esteem issue, not a self destruct issue.

Some of my base jumper friends were so caught up in the how do I top that one game, that a gust of wind could become a life threatening mistake. When You are under the illusion that you are just that good And it can't happen to you... Then add alcohol, and a couple of drunken idiots...

What's the second stupidest phrase in the world? Watch this!

The stupidest of course is hold my beer and watch thiis!

As a retired social worker I can tell you that low self esteem and self destruct are often the same road. Risk taking, the life threatening kind at any rate is always a cover for a deeper sense of low self worth or a cover for depression in every case that I ever saw. Oh and this particular woman had a Masters in Social Work so it wasn't as if she didn't know the signs.

Last edited:

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
On the topic of working out and juicing, how does everyone find time to get exercise in having birds in your life? I'm finding it very difficult to give up any Kyo time to stay in shape :p and I've got a WEDDING to get ready for!

That juice looks pretty tempting I must say...

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Well, with skysport people what you get is denial exuberance and a competition to see how far you Can push the envelope.. Without getting hurt or killed. Its less about low self esteem than it is about big egos...

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
As opposed to when you are giving us the silent treatment?! :p

I've always wondered about that one myself...

My ex-wife used to give me the silent treatment, and she could nurse a grudge, and really keep it going...

As the week went on, she only got madder and madder...

And what I wondered was this, was she mad that I had no idea WHY she was mad... ?

OR was she really mad because she had to remain silent in order for it to be effective, and it was killing her?! :D

LOL............Both!!!

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Hi Laura,

How well is that Vitamix juicer ? One I have is nearly 13 years old and has seen it's last days. Need to invest in a new one. That said, I often use the pulp to make the birds their bread snacks, or Put into corn muffins. They go crazy over it.

The juice I get, and sometimes give the birds a drink of it. All in all, Nothing beats juicing. At 60 years old, I can still pass for 45-48 when people try and guess my age.
My get up and go hasn't got up and went yet.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
On the topic of working out and juicing, how does everyone find time to get exercise in having birds in your life? I'm finding it very difficult to give up any Kyo time to stay in shape :p and I've got a WEDDING to get ready for!

I do the gym 5 times a week, 1-1.5 hours each time. I call it MY time. :D

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Body brushing is using a brush on your dry skin before getting in the shower. There are YouTube vids on how to do it some go a little too far with you have to do it this way but the idea is to really exfoliate and get your skin breathing and more able to release toxins while you are fasting or cleansing.

Cleanses or fasts to me are more about giving your body a break. It takes a lot of energy to digest food, if a person does water fasts or juice cleanses once in a while it gives the body time to repair damaged cells, remove toxins and generally heal itself. So whatever works for you is best.

The water fasts I did many small ones over a few years time before I ever worked up to the 21 days. I still do the smaller ones. It is on my bucket list to do 40 days and was going to do it on the 21 day one but husband was concerned over all the weight I had lost. You do gain most of it back once you go back to eating solids so it's not a huge deal. The most critical thing about a water fast is how you work into it for example you don't eat pizza and then the next day decide to fast a person should be eating raw and healthy for weeks before a fast and breaking it must be done with even more care.

The vow of silence was during a time when I was very hurt by someone I cared about greatly. (I did make it the 7 days though there were many times I thought I wouldn't be able to.) She was a dear friend who was making life threatening mistakes. I being the type of person who really wants to help felt lost and I really needed to center myself. We CANNOT make someone listen even when we love them and have their best interest at heart and I needed to remind myself of that. I needed to take my ego out of the fact that she wouldn't hear me and it worked for me. I didn't have any birds at the time only my dog and husband, that was hard enough, I know I couldn't have done it with the birds. By the way my husband said he GREATLY missed the sound of my voice and laughter. No..I will never try that one again.:p

Body brushing sounds interesting. Considering I've been eating raw for the past year:p perhaps I should look into doing a short water fast and see how it goes. I hope you'll keep us posted on how your fast goes and keep up with posting your favorite juice recipes:32:

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
The Vitamix is awesome imo however on these recipes unless I say smoothie then they are made in my Omega juicer. If you tried some of these in a blender even one as wonderful as a Vitamix it would come out like baby food instead of a juice.

This mornings breakfast recipe made in my juicer;

2 Granny Smith Green apples
2 med cukes (1 if it's the long English type) Peel left on or removed your choice. Remove for sure if they are waxed.
1/2 cup fresh basil
1 lime (peel removed) Leave as much of the white pith as you can when you peel, it is very good for you.:D

IMG_6115_zpsakhqi6ea.jpg

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
As a retired social worker I can tell you that low self esteem and self destruct are often the same road. Risk taking, the life threatening kind at any rate is always a cover for a deeper sense of low self worth or a cover for depression in every case that I ever saw. Oh and this particular woman had a Masters in Social Work so it wasn't as if she didn't know the signs.

As s lifelong skateboarder, surfer skydiver, snowboarder, the premise that the only folks who take part in these activities have self esteem issues.... Doesn't sit well.

That SOME of these folks clearly cross that line is probably irrefutable.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie

My birds are super independent and are content without much direct human attention during the daytime. Even when I'm home I can be busy and they aren't on me a lot ;). Generally my time with them is in the evening after everything is done.

I know you'll be ready for your wedding, and you will be beautiful :).

Laura, that green juice reminds me of what I get when I treat myself at Natura (Natural juice bar) :)

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East

As s lifelong skateboarder, surfer skydiver, snowboarder, the premise that the only folks who take part in these activities have self esteem issues.... Doesn't sit well.

That SOME of these folks clearly cross that line is probably irrefutable.

First the cases I saw were through social work so they clearly had issues. Sports are not in of themselves anymore risk taking than crossing a busy street. You can die doing either one. It's the people who take clear risks, do those activities while impaired, have a disregard for their safety and it isn't always low self esteem sometimes it is a deep seated depression. The kind of thoughts like what will it matter if I die kind of thing is what I was referring to.

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Okay this one is SUPER yummy, I made a big batch of this because I knew I would be drinking this one for both lunch and dinner.

1 small head Red Cabbage
1 Pineapple cored and skin removed
2 strawberries to make it pretty :D

IMG_6120_zpsssomoahj.jpg

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Okay this one is SUPER yummy, I made a big batch of this because I knew I would be drinking this one for both lunch and dinner.

1 small head Red Cabbage
1 Pineapple cored and skin removed
2 strawberries to make it pretty :D

IMG_6120_zpsssomoahj.jpg

Looks delicious! Red cabbage is one of my favorite vegetables:32:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
OOOH, I HAVE to try that one, too, Laura!!! (....I won't be anyone's friend afterwards though....cabbage has quite the 'effect' on me....) :D

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
OOOH, I HAVE to try that one, too, Laura!!! (....I won't be anyone's friend afterwards though....cabbage has quite the 'effect' on me....) :D

BAHHAHAHAHA :18:!! You know, I have to admit I was thinking the exact same thing when I read about the head of cabbage, but wasn't quite sure how to say it :D! I am dying over the small print :18:!!

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
I just enjoy the drink and let um rip! Cabbage is very good at cleaning out the intestines. Now I wouldn't make this one if I were going out but my husband of 20 yrs has heard the occasional gas escape plus I made him drink it too!

That's really the trick it's just like garlic if you are going to eat a ton make sure everyone else in the house does too.:p

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
labell;501412 As a retired social worker I can tell you that low self esteem and self destruct are often the same road. Risk taking said:
I still think that's a generalization. Some of the most genuinely happy people I've known have been skydivers and surfers... Its everyone ELSE that had a problem with what we were doing.

Well, speaking only for me, depression only sets in when those activities are taken away from me... Some of us just have a very, very low boredom theshhold. Going vertical from 18,000 feet IS life. Sitting behind a desk all day drafting legal papers? Not so much...

Its not about cheating death, its about the exhilleration, and honing the skills that most folks don't have... And sometimes, its a competitive streak pushing you to push the envelope a bit... Knowing full well that if you push it too far, you could get hurt or killed.

That in many instances is more an enthusiasm for life lived at 200 mph, and at times, overconfidence, even GROSS overconfidence...

Outside observers don't see that, because they aren't privy to most of what goes on.

Just as the person who isn't bonded with a macaw often only sees a big beak lunging, and macaws are aggressive... Where the bonded Mac owner gets the cuddle bug.

Perception is highly subjective, and often wrong.

As a trained social worker you were trained to see things a certain way... So you do.

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

BAHHAHAHAHA :18:!! You know, I have to admit I was thinking the exact same thing when I read about the head of cabbage, but wasn't quite sure how to say it :D! I am dying over the small print :18:!!

Forget the small print, Julie! I promise, my family would swear they'd be DYING if I were to consume a glass (or two) of that. :54:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I just enjoy the drink and let um rip! Cabbage is very good at cleaning out the intestines. Now I wouldn't make this one if I were going out but my husband of 20 yrs has heard the occasional gas escape plus I made him drink it too!

That's really the trick it's just like garlic if you are going to eat a ton make sure everyone else in the house does too.:p

Welcome to the gas chamber???? LMAO

Most Reactions