A Poll.. Is CODIE a Boy or A GIRL ????

Is Codie a Boy or A Girl?

• Boy

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Girl

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters
He he... I just had a feeling Mishka would be right LOL..... Now you have to break the news to him that Codie cannot be his Girlfriend :11:

He is going to heart broken... what do I tell him Sis?

He will never trust another bird - or ME I told him Codie was a girl.

Will keep ya updated as per his re-action :32:

Oh.. You will just have to break the news gently too him :0

Poor Mishka :( Codie is just as disappointed :(

Is it too late to change my vote? I knew I should've gone with Mishka... :)
I can just imagine him now, rolling his eyes wondering how we could possibly miss something so plainly apparent. :rolleyes:

I have to admit, I am a bit shocked :) but she is still my Baby and I love her to bits!! OOPs.. I have to say HIM, not Her LOL

I have the hormonal thingy to go through, but I am sure I will cope :)

I am sitting here with him now, saying.. " Good Boy".... He is looking at me, as if to say.. " What on earth are you saying! LOL

LOL. GOOD BOOOOYYY, Codie!

You know, he may never get too bad with the hormonal stuff. ;) He's your only baby, and he's obviously chosen you over anybody else...so he may decide just to "feed" you when the time comes. HE HE HEEE. :D

And poor Mishka must be so confused now. :30:

I have to admit, I am a bit shocked :) but she is still my Baby and I love her to bits!! OOPs.. I have to say HIM, not Her LOL

I have the hormonal thingy to go through, but I am sure I will cope :)

I am sitting here with him now, saying.. " Good Boy".... He is looking at me, as if to say.. " What on earth are you saying! LOL

LOL. GOOD BOOOOYYY, Codie!

You know, he may never get too bad with the hormonal stuff. ;) He's your only baby, and he's obviously chosen you over anybody else...so he may decide just to "feed" you when the time comes. HE HE HEEE. :D

And poor Mishka must be so confused now. :30:

He he.. Lets hope you are right :) He has already started to regurgitate food for me LOL

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! Codie's a boy! The grass is blue! The sky is green! This is so wierd!!!!
LOL

Congratulations Wendy! Know you know... And I'm confused Lol....

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! Codie's a boy! The grass is blue! The sky is green! This is so wierd!!!!
LOL

Congratulations Wendy! Know you know... And I'm confused Lol....

LOL.... Codie is confused, now I have started to say.. Good Boy to Her... OMG I must get used to saying Him, instead of Her . He he.

congrats!!!

At least Codie is a gender neutral name!!! Poor Mishka, he has a best friend instead of a girlfriend. But he knew it all along!!

congrats!!!

At least Codie is a gender neutral name!!! Poor Mishka, he has a best friend instead of a girlfriend. But he knew it all along!!

Yes, thats one good thing.. she has a Unisex Name :)

Is it too late to change my vote? I knew I should've gone with Mishka... :)
I can just imagine him now, rolling his eyes wondering how we could possibly miss something so plainly apparent. :rolleyes:

LOL... I think Codie is also very confused as well!! I dont think she can quite understand why I have suddenly started saying Good Boy, instead of Good Girl . he he.

He he... I just had a feeling Mishka would be right LOL..... Now you have to break the news to him that Codie cannot be his Girlfriend :11:

He is going to heart broken... what do I tell him Sis?

He will never trust another bird - or ME I told him Codie was a girl.

Will keep ya updated as per his re-action :32:

Oh.. You will just have to break the news gently too him :0

Poor Mishka :( Codie is just as disappointed :(

When I arrived home, I told Steven and Mishka

Steven said that's cool Mom :p

Mishka just sat there starring at me, it was quite weird. Usually he can't stop talking, when I get home.
I stood there waiting to see his re-action. Then suddenly Mishkla says Mommy is cuckoo, mommy is cuckoo.I told him again Codie is a boy, not a girl... LoL he sat there just mumbling ohhhh hoooo ohhhh hooooo mommy is cuckoo.

As if he was saying I told you, you are cuckoo :eek:

Mishka just sat there starring at me, it was quite weird. Usually he can't stop talking, when I get home.
I stood there waiting to see his re-action. Then suddenly Mishkla says Mommy is cuckoo, mommy is cuckoo.I told him again Codie is a boy, not a girl... LoL he sat there just mumbling ohhhh hoooo ohhhh hooooo mommy is cuckoo.

Wow!! How strange is that?? Miska knew right from the beginning that Codie was Male and now he is trying to say... " I told you so" :)

Yay! Now we know! I didnt realize that males were more hormonal? I figured it would be the same for both sexes. I wanted a male since I didnt want to deal with eggs. My uncle had an egg bound canary that just kept laying. Eventually she starved herself. They tried everything, even took her to a vet. She was so stressed and just wouldnt give up. I would have a hard time taking eggs away, and I dont ever want to breed, but I would feel bad if my bird kept laying, and sitting on them expectantly.

Yay! Now we know! I didnt realize that males were more hormonal? I figured it would be the same for both sexes. I wanted a male since I didnt want to deal with eggs. My uncle had an egg bound canary that just kept laying. Eventually she starved herself. They tried everything, even took her to a vet. She was so stressed and just wouldnt give up. I would have a hard time taking eggs away, and I dont ever want to breed, but I would feel bad if my bird kept laying, and sitting on them expectantly.

Yes, Male Amazons are known to be very aggressive when the hormonal stage kicks in! Looks like I have something to look forward too LOL

Is this true for all parrots? My aunt had an older zon, and he was a real lovebug. He liked his personal space, but he was very gentle with people.

Is this true for all parrots? My aunt had an older zon, and he was a real lovebug. He liked his personal space, but he was very gentle with people.

I think Zons are known to be the worst during this stage! There are a few unique ones out there and it looks like your Aunt had one of them.

I have a feeling Codie is going to be very temperamental when his hormones kick in as he is already showing signs of aggression and he is only 14 Months old :11:

I think you are safe with your RB... I have never heard of them going through the bad hormonal stage :)

wow how exciting to finally know :D

I ordered the testing kit and waiting for it in the mail to find out about Rosie XD. which test did you choose? blood feather or clipped nail? I ordered both, but I'm afraid to do both because I know it will hurt either way.

LMAO @ Steven's reaction (sounds like something one of my "boys" would say) , but Mishka's reaction is mind blowing - to say the least!!!! :eek:

They truly know SO much more than we give them credit for, don't they? :D

Well i can say "i told you so", I'm never right about such things, should have ask my wife, she's always right.LOL

LMAO @ Steven's reaction (sounds like something one of my "boys" would say) , but Mishka's reaction is mind blowing - to say the least!!!! :eek:

They truly know SO much more than we give them credit for, don't they? :D

Yipe typical boys I agree. Steven has such a good sence of humourr, he asked me does that classify Mishka and Codie as gay LoL :eek:

Perhaps I should consult Mishka more often, about personal matters... he seems to know more they I do :p

At this very moment, I am telling Mishka again that Codie is a boy.... waiting to hear what he has to say....
He is only saying ... "you think you funny hey LoL "
I have GOT to get this on video
:grey:

wow how exciting to finally know :D

I ordered the testing kit and waiting for it in the mail to find out about Rosie XD. which test did you choose? blood feather or clipped nail? I ordered both, but I'm afraid to do both because I know it will hurt either way.

I did the blood feathers... I had to pull 4 feathers from his chest!! It took me 2 days to pluck up the courage to do it as I was worried it would hurt him:( I gave him a toy to keep his beak occupied, held him up on my hand so his chest was level with my eyes and then I pulled them very quickly :) He did not even flinch, so dont worry about doing it, as I found out it does not hurt them:)

It only took 5 days for the results to be emailed to me.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Back